Reaches in pocket
Hands over grenade with pin pulled
WTF
Run away smiling...

[486 said:
;n195258]

man, a grenade is the perfect EDC
"oh I'm sorry jackboot, you're in fact the one that's coming with me today"

Well now, I've been wondering what fun I should have with this scrap metal.

IMG_1846.JPG

Fun story. I knew a guy who's job was the warehouse of ammo and such in the military. He told me that they used to sit there and tape down the grenade pins for storage. That was good for a while, but they had to change that process because after a while, it was found that way too often when you take the tape off, it actually pulled the pin out along with the tape and then people got nervous. So no more tape. True story.

Fun story. I knew a guy who's job was the warehouse of ammo and such in the military. He told me that they used to sit there and tape down the grenade pins for storage. That was good for a while, but they had to change that process because after a while, it was found that way too often when you take the tape off, it actually pulled the pin out along with the tape and then people got nervous. So no more tape. True story.

Having seen a few hand grenades in the past (smoke & frag), I don’t ever recall seeing any tape on the pins

Having thrown grenades I can tell you that pin ain't no joke. The Hollywood "pull the pin with your teeth" thing is BULLSHIT. Those pins are made of good metal and are strong. There is a jungle clip that is made of wire that goes on the outside of the spoon that you can push off with your thumb, but you have to hold the grenade tightly in one hand and PULL the pin with the other. Once you let loose of the spoon you have 3-5 seconds to feel the love. :grinpimp:

Someone on another site was making and selling "perimeter alarms" made from those. I think they use a shotgun sized primer for the ignition and they make enough noise to be heard with just the primer.

Having seen a few hand grenades in the past (smoke & frag), I don’t ever recall seeing any tape on the pins

whenever you see ones confiscated from the cartels they're always wrapped in packaging tape
maybe the guy is police instead of .mil

Having thrown grenades I can tell you that pin ain't no joke. The Hollywood "pull the pin with your teeth" thing is BULLSHIT. Those pins are made of good metal and are strong.

yeah, they're usually just a cotter pin, so easy to imagine the force you need when pulling one out of a spindle without bending the legs straight beforehand
see one of those fuzes pictured has a straight pin in it from like a timing belt tensioner or something, but the spoon shape says they're probably from smoke grenades

Top Back Refresh