What's new

Maxi Trac compressor

Trashman

Trainwreck
Member Number
Needed new batteries for the LBZ, and also needed a 12v compressor, so ran over to Napa.

Got batteries, and bought a Maxi Trac compressor, they had one left.

It puts out some serious air compared to what I have used in the past.

I had owned two "Master flow" 12v compressors prior that were popular years ago, and the new one blows them out of the water, although in Master Flows defense, the new one is a dual piston.

It was on sale for $114. I was looking at them last week, Napa was out then.

My trailer tire was at 15lbs, and it brought it up to 70psi way before I expected it to...maybe a minute or so?

So far, so good.

They also had a "slime" brand POS compressor for $165 in a ghetto aluminum case.

Anyone else pick one up?

I have never cared for the screw on valve stem inflators though. This has it, as well as both my old Master Flows
20211016_112955.jpg

I ended up getting this one. I've only used it once worked great.

And if you want to support vendors for this site (currently oos)

That one looks exactly the same, different color. And $115 more. ($229)

Maybe the sale at Napa was a good one ($114)

That one looks exactly the same, different color. And $115 more. ($229)

Maybe the sale at Napa was a good one ($114)
MORRflate worked with the factory to have those made to their specs, improving some design flaws, and inspecting them as they came in. That's why they're out of stock- he gets them a batch at a time. Not entirely the same, and backed by an IBB yellow star.

Not sure if this is the right podcast episode, as the compressor has been in progress for a while:

I still don't have one, though. $60 Viaair 88p here...

MORRflate worked with the factory to have those made to their specs, improving some design flaws, and inspecting them as they came in. That's why they're out of stock- he gets them a batch at a time. Not entirely the same, and backed by an IBB yellow star.

Not sure if this is the right podcast episode, as the compressor has been in progress for a while:

I still don't have one, though. $60 Viaair 88p here...
I would have probably bought the morrflate but didn't know that it was an option at the time. I need a air compressor to do service calls and the master flow looked good.

Still rockin the Pumas
but they've gone up about $100 from the last one I bought.

My oldest one I bought in '06 and sees regular duty on my tow rig.

Still rockin the Pumas

I was looking at those but... my service "truck" is a suburban.

If I ever get a service truck I'll install one of those.

does it have AC that doesn't work?
easy onboard air if it does
No ac. It did have after market at one time with a York but that's long gone now.

I do have a 2cyl York but it's locked up from rain.

Still rockin the Pumas

Nice. I picked up the same one for our work truck that pulls dump trailers. They have been hard to get ahold of. I have an ARB in my Land Rover but wanted something that could potentially run an impact for short intervals changing tires.

Pretty cool that people are using them for diving also.

Great specs on the morrflate. I have been curious. My boy howdy arb twin does the job, but is meh at 2 min/ tire from 2 psi to 30 psi.

I would have probably bought the morrflate but didn't know that it was an option at the time. I need a air compressor to do service calls and the master flow looked good.
Same here, didnt check the vendors here, kinda needed one this weekend.

Didn't know the details on the MorrFlate version.

I do wish they would figure out a cooling system for them, ViAir get rellay hot and efficientcy seem to drop off.

Needed new batteries for the LBZ, and also needed a 12v compressor, so ran over to Napa.

Got batteries, and bought a Maxi Trac compressor, they had one left.

It puts out some serious air compared to what I have used in the past.

I had owned two "Master flow" 12v compressors prior that were popular years ago, and the new one blows them out of the water, although in Master Flows defense, the new one is a dual piston.

It was on sale for $114. I was looking at them last week, Napa was out then.

My trailer tire was at 15lbs, and it brought it up to 70psi way before I expected it to...maybe a minute or so?

So far, so good.

They also had a "slime" brand POS compressor for $165 in a ghetto aluminum case.

Anyone else pick one up?

I have never cared for the screw on valve stem inflators though. This has it, as well as both my old Master Flows
20211016_112955.jpg
:laughing: I actually own the one you just bought and the slime one you described. I bought the slime one on sale 18 months ago for $125. It’s good, but this maxi trac one blows it clear out of the water. Bought it 2 months ago and will confirm everything you said about it. Would recommend.
If the MORRflate one is an improved version, it’s probably worth the extra $ as the maxi trac one is probably worth at least $50 more than its on sale for right now.

Last edited:
:laughing: I actually own the one you just bought and the slime one you described. I bought the slime one on sale 18 months ago for $125. It’s good, but this maxi trac one blows it clear out of the water. Bought it 2 months ago and will confirm everything you said about it. Would recommend.
If the MORRflate one is an improved version, it’s probably worth the extra $ as the maxi trac one is probably worth at least $50 more than its on sale for right now.
$114 seems like a steal for it. I think the Master Flows started that way. Like $30 at Vato Zone for the first year or so, then solidly at $80-90.

Maybe its "getting it out there" pricing.

I have a morrflate tensix that I won in a giveaway here on Irate. Unfortunately since we are in the middle of moving it's been sitting at my office and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It does look like a quality unit.

Viair 100% duty compressor user here. Bought it in August of this year after my old and well used TruckAir compressor quit on me.

Model I got is 450PA. Inflates passenger car tires in no time flat. For my F250 it takes a bit longer, think it is rated up to 42” tire.

It cost me a pretty penny, but if I can get even half the service life of the old one I am a happy camper (picked up TruckAir circa 2004 or so).

I do wish they would figure out a cooling system for them, ViAir get rellay hot and efficientcy seem to drop off.
I fabricobbled a cooling solution using a Spal 5.3" fan to cure my Viair heat soak blues:

130-20180610_123029-jpg-331178-jpg.jpg

150-20180610_152409-jpg-331193-jpg.jpg

The fan's been a rock star - no more thermal shutdowns and it cut 1-2 minutes off filling a 37 from 8 to 30 psi.

I had to pick up a Maxtrac compressor after reading this thread.

It sure seems nice compared to the masterflow that I have 2 of.

Hose is nice, leads and clamps are nice.

Initial test took a 35x12.50r17 from 10-35 in 2 minutes, that smokes my mf-1050 by about 3 minutes iirc.

Top Back Refresh