What's new

Maine Bound!

Well I can officially say we are 99% packed, loaded and ready to hit the road.

While the wife and the kids went to spend the afternoon and night at a hotel with my in laws as one last hurrah before we leave, I stayed behind to finish up. Got the house almost completely emptied out and cleaned, swept, and steam mopped. Only things left are the fire safe, cable modem and router, and some stuff in the bathroom. All of which will be packed up into the RV or the wife’s car Tuesday morning.

finished loading the stuff I’m taking to the dump on the Carson 16’ flatbed and got it all strapped down and secured. Somehow managed to find space for the deluge of crap I suddenly found piled into the RV. Finished the last load of laundry and got the last few things loaded up on the trailer and strapped in.

D5DC7912-5677-43EF-AB4A-F71A89587A14.jpeg

So tomorow is another busy day. ABF trailer is being picked up first thing in the morning. Once that goes bye bye I will hitch up the Carson to the Ram and make my dump run. Get rid of all the old mattresses and the rest of the old busted furniture and crap on it. Bring the trailer back and drop it. Go gas up the truck and run it thru the car wash before I go drop it off at my Moms place so she and her husband can load their stuff for the trip and Mac can familiarize himself with the truck. Buyers are due at 2:30 for the final walk thru. I’m going to take the cover off the YJ and probably go ahead and get it secured to the trailer and ready for travel. Probably do one last tire pressure check on everything for good measure, check the lugs on the trailers, etc.

Tuesday morning we hit the road. So I think from here on I’ll go ahead and do daily updates so those who are interested can follow along on the adventure.

oh yeah edit: I’m sore as fuck and exhausted after the last two days. Today I somehow managed to slip and bang both of my knees on shit at different times. Then like a dumbass when I pulled the car seats from the truck I fucking walked right into the open slide on the RV and gave myself a nice little lump on my forehead. Now chilling in the RV with the cats with the AC on full blast, drinking a cold beer, and watching Maine Cabin Masters.

Last edited:
I drove in Boston once in a Carolla and I will never do it again. Fuck that city, the street map looks like a 3yr old scribbled on a sheet of paper with a crayon and the roads are barely wider than a sidewalk.
:lmao:

Boston proper is fine.

The rich suburbs where nobody lives life with any urgency and everyone drives like an entitled **** and trophy wives texting and driving is the norm are far worse.

He's put negative references to Trump in his latest books and on media so he's part of the current problem now. Thanks OBiden and King! Think he'll say anything negative about the current Commander Inept in a book? Doubtful.

Other than that Best Wishes to OP on the move :cookie:
Well, he has said some pretty stupid stuff in interviews and I don't necessarily share his political views.... but he has poured a lot of money into local stadiums, librarys, events over the years.
And I like a lot of his books. Nothing like hanging out on your friends porch at the lake house in Maine, sipping a cold drink and reading some Stephen King :smokin:

10 am. Still waiting for the ABF driver to arrive to take the moving trailer. While I have been waiting I went ahead and secured the YJ to the trailer. Got her strapped down good and tight, pulled and stored the cover in the deck box on the trailer. Locked in some E-track tie downs on the deck beneath it because I realized I’m gonna have to put my leveling ramps and 4x6x10s that I use to get the RV in and out of the driveway on the trailer under the Jeep and take them with us. Rechecked my dump load to make sure it is all secure for the drive to Santee and the landfill. And officially ordered the first items to be delivered to the new home taking advantage of some prime day deals. Nicely, the no rush shipping option will put it all there either the day before, or the day of our arrival.

How much is the Klantee land fill charging now? Fuckers were raping people the last time I went there.

How much is the Klantee land fill charging now? Fuckers were raping people the last time I went there.
Well when I rolled in with the trailer full the lady at the gate said $96 per ton. Weighed me going in and again when I came out. Guess I didn’t have a ton worth of stuff though since she only charged me $76.24 which is their minimum charge.

So today is a wrap. Dump run completed, Jeep secured on the trailer and ready for travel. Truck got filled with gas and run thru the car wash before I dropped it off at my Moms house for them to load their stuff into it. Walk thru completed. Buyers are happy and excited.

my one elephant in the room is again at the hands of ABF. when they dropped the trailer off on Friday I called them and told them I wanted it picked up today. They confirmed it would be. And I was told again when I was there to pick up the ramp that it would be picked up today. Was told to have it ready to go first thing in the morning. 4 pm rolled around and it’s still here. So I called them and was told there is no note anywhere in their system that it was supposed to be picked up today!!! What the fuck!? And because it’s almost closing time, they don’t have the manpower to come get the thing today. This kind of fucks me because there is no way I can position the RV to hitch up to the Jeep trailer with the moving trailer where it is. I seriously need it gone. They said they will get it first thing in the morning which they damn well better. I flat out told them they better be here right at 8 am. I need it gone so I can hitch up and finish loading all my crap so we can hit the road. These fuckers are gonna be giving me a discount too for all the aggravation they have caused me the last few days.

And the hits keep on coming. Ordered food thru Grubhub for the last time (highly doubt anyone will deliver to the new place) and we wound up with someone else’s order. All vegan crap that none of us will eat. Grubhub refunded and we reordered what we wanted again.

These fuckers are gonna be giving me a discount too for all the aggravation they have caused me the last few days.
Now you sound like the shipping guy at my last job! They went back to OD due to the amount of fuckery with ABF and a few others, FedEx, looking your way:lmao:

They could've easily had a local driver come get the trailer and take it back to their yard. ABF has always been a shit company, I think the drivers are all union too.

They could've easily had a local driver come get the trailer and take it back to their yard. ABF has always been a shit company, I think the drivers are all union too.
I dropped a few pallets at a few of their hubs, talk about dock workers that don’t want to do any work.

Just a heads up. The 287 east and i95 north interchange is still a nightmare due to the construction. Narrow lanes and constantly changing patterns have it jammed up all day almost everyday from 7am to 11am and 2 pm to 7 pm. Guys at work are having issues and going alternate routes. Two of them have been in accidents recently.

Bring your bug spray, you are gonna need it.
Get out you wallet when you arrive, our fuckhead govener is paying people to go back to work now (Yes, you read that correctly)
she needs your money.

Leave all Commiefornia mentallity in Massholechusetts on your way through.

Bring your bug spray, you are gonna need it.
Get out you wallet when you arrive, our fuckhead govener is paying people to go back to work now (Yes, you read that correctly)
she needs your money.

Leave all Commiefornia mentallity in Massholechusetts on your way through.
Sounds good to me. We definitely are going to have to swing by your town and hit up LL Bean. We need to buy a bunch of winter gear.

And I am definitely leaving the Kommiefornia state of mind in my rear view when we cross the state line. Good riddance to it.

6:50 AM day of departure. Didn’t get much sleep last night with the prospect of departure finally upon us. Woke up at like 5 AM despite not having my alarm set to go off until 7 AM. Coffee is brewed. Did online advanced check in for the Williams KOA where we will be staying this evening.

as soon as the clock hits 7 I am calling ABF to get on their asses to get a driver here to get this trailer out of my way. My Mom and her husband are due up here at 8 am to start getting the Carson hooked up to the truck and the wife’s car loaded and secured. IF all goes well I hope to be on the road by 9 to 9:30 or so. Hopefully hit the KOA by 6 pm. Will post an update when we get set up at the campground.

6:50 AM day of departure. Didn’t get much sleep last night with the prospect of departure finally upon us. Woke up at like 5 AM despite not having my alarm set to go off until 7 AM. Coffee is brewed. Did online advanced check in for the Williams KOA where we will be staying this evening.

as soon as the clock hits 7 I am calling ABF to get on their asses to get a driver here to get this trailer out of my way. My Mom and her husband are due up here at 8 am to start getting the Carson hooked up to the truck and the wife’s car loaded and secured. IF all goes well I hope to be on the road by 9 to 9:30 or so. Hopefully hit the KOA by 6 pm. Will post an update when we get set up at the campground.
Which KOA, there's 2 in Williams.

Fuck KOA. They tried kicking me out for "harvesting firewood". I walked around and picked up sticks. $70 for a tent site, they can eat my ass.

Top Back Refresh