What's new

Maine Bound!

I drove in Boston once in a Carolla and I will never do it again. Fuck that city, the street map looks like a 3yr old scribbled on a sheet of paper with a crayon and the roads are barely wider than a sidewalk.

If you see Stephen King tell him "fuck off".:laughing:
Apparently he lives in Bangor which is about a half hour from us. His house is supposed to be pretty badass looking with a really cool gate.

also he apparently is really involved in the community. Paid for a nice new park and playground in Bangor a while back.

P8290150.JPG

Yeah, my wife is all excited to see it. She’s very into the haunted, horror type stuff.

in other news I have pretty much all of the in-laws showing up here in about an hour. Time to start getting this trailer loaded up. Garage first. (This was stacked deeper but I moved some stuff out of the way already to get the big heavy tools out first)

E703EFBE-8206-4621-A6C8-A290625C74AC.jpeg
E4B367F8-B3A9-4617-AB4B-473B1F743E75.jpeg

That giant plastic wrap is key for moving.
Oh yeah. I love that stuff. Bought 4 big rolls and 4 skinny rolls. Wrapping the hell out of everything.

we have gotten most of the garage stuff on the truck so far. It’s hot as shit so we are taking a break before getting back to it.
A984E03B-2537-4883-B1FC-C63D89DDF8EA.jpeg
FEC61A01-35E1-401A-93E2-30E4A9800EFC.jpeg

It's amazing how hot the inside of a moving truck can get when you're working in it. It doesn't have to be that hot outside even. Betcha you'll be happy when it's all loaded.

Man I dont know you, but it makes me real happy to see you get out. Been following this post. All the best luck in your travels and at your new place. I’m having the same thoughts , only North Dakota.

...Fuck driving through NYC (I have extended family on Long Island and hate that drive). Tapanzee simply sucks less than the GWB or such. Boston is less of a big deal. There are times when you can sail right through on 95 or 93, and there are times you will sit an hour in one place on 495. I just wouldn't plan on exploring Boston with a trailer. The Street layout is... not ideal.
Bump for great advice-

~Emergency Edit- Put up a fan in the trailer!!

Isn't it funny how things change when I was younger I could tie everything I owned onto the scoot and move on. Last time I really moved I had a 68 F250 long bed loaded from front to back and a foot above the cab, then the front seat passenger side was loaded:eek:
After that I started living in an RV easy to move just hook up and go.

Well, 8 hours or so later we have pretty much finished loading the truck. Somehow we have way more shit than I thought we did. We pretty much completely filled the entire 28’ of trailer. No pics of it full at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. Too tired right now and I want to go take an hour long cold shower to cool off and rehydrate.

Tomorrow I have to finish blowing apart our old bed frame that we aren’t keeping, load a few more things onto the 16’ Carson flat bed and throw the old mattresses in the bed of the truck for the dump run on Monday. Also going to patch the holes from the TV mounts and clean the house and the floors. Buyers are set to do final walk thru Monday afternoon. Close Tuesday and hit the road.

36974430-0204-4304-AB3B-BFCCBA364A39.jpeg
572EF773-B13A-4C63-9E49-C0A5B500529B.jpeg

Man, that's rookie shit! That shit ain't packed near tight enough. I can still see the roof almost all the way to the front.

I feel your pain, we just moved 900 miles. 1 light trip (when we got the keys) with the wife's F150 and 16' trailer. Another trip, my truck towing a 20' trailer with 2 vehicles. Then the final trip, my truck towing my 14' dump trailer with my crawler project and enough steel(new Dom, ect) and garage stuff, for my 13k truck and trailer was at about 21k. My wife, again pulling the 16' trailer with our 4runner. My in laws pulling their 24' enclosed pretty damn full of the rest of our stuff.

I think I drove like 4500 miles in a few weeks:barf:

Sucks to move when you're a redneck (I see those old tires in there :flipoff2:) we sold a ton of stuff too.

Cross country, you made the right move with the semi trailer. Has to suck getting shit 5' up though.

I feel your pain, we just moved 900 miles. 1 light trip (when we got the keys) with the wife's F150 and 16' trailer. Another trip, my truck towing a 20' trailer with 2 vehicles. Then the final trip, my truck towing my 14' dump trailer with my crawler project and enough steel(new Dom, ect) and garage stuff, for my 13k truck and trailer was at about 21k. My wife, again pulling the 16' trailer with our 4runner. My in laws pulling their 24' enclosed pretty damn full of the rest of our stuff.

Sucks to move when you're a redneck (I see those old tires in there :flipoff2:) we sold a ton of stuff too.

Cross country, you made the right move with the semi trailer. Has to suck getting shit 5' up though.
We did a similar move to what you did.
Wife's 4 Runner and my Camry loaded to the gills on the first trip up to get the keys.
Grandson and his girl friend brought 2 of the dogs up a few days later.
Wife stayed with 2 of the dogs.
I drove the Camry back and picked up the 26' Penske box truck.
The box truck was crammed. Drove that up with one dog in the cab. Was towing my 2006 LJ behind the truck.
Oldest daughter caravanned up with the other 4 dogs in her RAV4.
I rode back with the daughter in the RAV4.
Loaded the last few items into the Camry and drove it up.
Thursday last week another daughter and her husband towed up my trailer with the project CJ5 and riding mower.

Shit tons of mileage racked up.

We welcome you to New England!

We should do a meet and greet.
im definitely down for that!

Man, that's rookie shit! That shit ain't packed near tight enough. I can still see the roof almost all the way to the front.
These aren’t the final load pictures. Those were taken while we were still packing stuff in. Took a fair bit of time and doing as we had way more big heavy shit then we did small light stuff to go up top.it was quite the tetris game to get it all to fit. I’ll post a final load picture tomorow when I load the last few small boxes and things. It’s definitely packed to the roof front to back though,

Oh yeah, lots of big and heavy tools and materials in this truck. 6 rolling tool chests, sand blasting cabinet, hydraulic tube bender, floor jacks, jack stands, welders, plasma cutter, shop press, drill press, several vices, set of crappy 33” rollers on wheels, old 35” Xterrain destined to become a tire swing for the kids, bunch of leftover steel, aluminum, DOM, etc from the Jeep build, etc.

crazy part is we got rid of a ton Of stuff. Donated tons of stuff, made about 4 trips to the scrap yard, two dump runs, sold shit, yet we still packed the full 28’ trailer To the roof.

That was me the last few
also.

1. Crawler on the trailer and some stuff in the truck bed to drop off after closing
2. Rented enclosed trailer for the toolboxes, air compressor.
3. Flatbed again with misc shop stuff to meet the moving truck
4. Flatbed with the GF and her JLUR stuffed to the gills
5. Went back and left the trailer in Phoenix for a week, so just a truckload back
6. Final trip was the flatbed loaded with the last of the shop stuff including the 2-post lift. This one sucked when the Injection Pump died without any warning outside Vegas. Friends came to get the trailer and took 2 different tow trucks to get it to the dealer. Picked it up yesterday after warranty covered it all in under a week.

And we filled up a big dumpster with stuff, got rid of so much stuff.

That was me the last few
also.

1. Crawler on the trailer and some stuff in the truck bed to drop off after closing
2. Rented enclosed trailer for the toolboxes, air compressor.
3. Flatbed again with misc shop stuff to meet the moving truck
4. Flatbed with the GF and her JLUR stuffed to the gills
5. Went back and left the trailer in Phoenix for a week, so just a truckload back
6. Final trip was the flatbed loaded with the last of the shop stuff including the 2-post lift. This one sucked when the Injection Pump died without any warning outside Vegas. Friends came to get the trailer and took 2 different tow trucks to get it to the dealer. Picked it up yesterday after warranty covered it all in under a week.

And we filled up a big dumpster with stuff, got rid of so much stuff.
We rented a 3 yard dumpster at the old place and filled it a number of times throwing out shit we knew we'd never need.
Once here in Idaho we rented a 3 yard dumpster and the price difference was amazing. $4.50/month v $120/month. :eek:
We've had it dumped 5 or 6 times in the month we've been here to get rid of all the packing boxes.

Well, 8 hours or so later we have pretty much finished loading the truck. Somehow we have way more shit than I thought we did. We pretty much completely filled the entire 28’ of trailer. No pics of it full at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. Too tired right now and I want to go take an hour long cold shower to cool off and rehydrate.

Tomorrow I have to finish blowing apart our old bed frame that we aren’t keeping, load a few more things onto the 16’ Carson flat bed and throw the old mattresses in the bed of the truck for the dump run on Monday. Also going to patch the holes from the TV mounts and clean the house and the floors. Buyers are set to do final walk thru Monday afternoon. Close Tuesday and hit the road.

36974430-0204-4304-AB3B-BFCCBA364A39.jpeg
572EF773-B13A-4C63-9E49-C0A5B500529B.jpeg

Still think you're gonna need that bulkhead?

When I moved from TX to the east coast I had ABF drop the trailer at the storage place where I had two units full of all my shit. Then I was done, the fucker was crammed full and the ramp and bulkhead were leaning against the fence and another truck had to come pick them up. :laughing:

I don't envy you guys at all that just moved. I did it 10 years ago from N CA to N ID. I bought a 26' International uhaul and made multiple trips with it and my 18' equipment trailer. The worst one was when I had a blowout near Redbluff CA on the Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend, man that was an expensive tire and long trip.

Still think you're gonna need that bulkhead?

When I moved from TX to the east coast I had ABF drop the trailer at the storage place where I had two units full of all my shit. Then I was done, the fucker was crammed full and the ramp and bulkhead were leaning against the fence and another truck had to come pick them up. :laughing:
Nope. Won’t need the bulkhead at all. After the ramp hassle I did make damn sure we had room for that though. This is how it currently looks. Working on boxing up the last few things and rounding up the other odds and ends to fill it out. Just gonna put our lock on the trailer door all together.
3653028B-7D30-4F9D-9B66-A983FBE058BF.jpeg

You need 2 more straps or logistics bars(one top, one bottom) to be DOT legal. Not your worry, but it'll help the driver out.

You need 2 more straps or logistics bars(one top, one bottom) to be DOT legal. Not your worry, but it'll help the driver out.
I’ll have a few more straps across it here in a bit. I still have a few last minute things to finish loading in there. Once I have everything else in I’m going to run a few more straps across before I close and lock the door.

Yup, his house is pretty cool and he does a lot for the community.
He's put negative references to Trump in his latest books and on media so he's part of the current problem now. Thanks OBiden and King! Think he'll say anything negative about the current Commander Inept in a book? Doubtful.

Other than that Best Wishes to OP on the move :cookie:

Top Back Refresh