What's new

Lurkers now Posters

hoping to be more active...this is really coming together fast...

Lurked PBB from near the start when it had weird page formatting and every thread looked like:

>>>Come Awn!
>>>>>>>>>>>>Come Awn!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Come Awn!!!
etc..

Joined in 01 or 02 and continued to semi-lurk, maybe a few hundred posts, mostly in the Mercedes section as I'd built 2 buggies with mog axles in that time...

Found PBB when I bought a FJ about 20years ago. Lurked because what could I add about a FJ and then through password lock outs etc lead to a few different user names that combined with the hassle of hosting/posting images I didn't post much

Probably won't post much here

Lurker over there since 05 or so. Was planning on putting up a build thread of my HJ47 on an FJ80 frame when it’s done. Guess I’ll be throwing it up here now. :flipoff2:

Lurked PBB from near the start when it had weird page formatting and every thread looked like:

>>>Come Awn!
>>>>>>>>>>>>Come Awn!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Come Awn!!!
etc..

Joined in 01 or 02 and continued to semi-lurk, maybe a few hundred posts, mostly in the Mercedes section as I'd built 2 buggies with mog axles in that time...

I remember those days.... I think my official join date according to PBB was Feb 01, but I think it was earlier than that. It’s was still POR back then. I was turned onto the site from some of the POR guys at a very early UROC event. It’s been sad watching it die since the whole Wenzel affair. I got turned off by all of the kids that attracted. Anyway, I’ll attempt to be more active here.

Was 99.9% a lurker there. Since posts in chit chat didn’t count I never showed as having made a post. Was there since 2009. Did get some good tech through the site. Will try to contribute here more

Couldnt login at work and lost my password years ago over there. Will probably lurk and post every now and then.

I might have had 2 post on PBB in over 10 years. I plan on posting more here. Guess its time to give a little tech back for all that I got over the years.

200 some posts since 2003 - probably continue to lurk more than post.

It's like the Febreze brothers here, with all the fresh members and posts. super fresh. I suppose every lurker should speak their mind. Or suck start a shot gun.

I posted some until the great password reset. Was pretty big on ck5 back in the day, till I sold all the rigs. I'm mainly on IBB for chitchat and seeing a bunch of cool projects. I'll post more and start build threads on my jacked up crap for you guys to laugh at.

So do you mean "tech" posts or just chitchat posts? Its been a long time for either really until recently. I posted some back in 2004-2007 maybe. I got back on a while ago when I started getting back into a project. Just wasnt the same at the old place. So didnt really post any. I never could get the damn search to work. So I said fawk it. I will post up my new build for sure here. Am looking forward to a little old school pbb fun.

Last edited:
Lurked for a long time, got locked out awhile back. Rarely had anything worthwhile to post that wasn't already covered.

After reading through a 10 page thread most of what I would wanna say was already said 5 times. I occasionally drop a one-liner or some snippets of tech where needed.

SnipImage.JPG

I'd say I qualified as a lurker. Not much to add to the tech sections, but I did learn a lot from...some of you in that regards. Learned a hell of a lot from most of you in general chitchat though.

Texas blake would hit it

PM DieselMH for picture posting

PM Toymoto...i think...for bicycles or something

One gal was afraid of clowns...can't remember her id though. pretty sure she got pissed over a "you don't have kids, so you wouldn't know" response..kinda missed her posts. they were usually pretty good.

Fork, neck, curb and many others

tuesday retardedness was almost as consistent as gravity.

there was a midjet indian...i think...always got a laugh out of those posts.

There was an asian guy with american wife...someone asked him if his kids lol'ed or ror'ed when they texted.

some dumbass bought a brand new truck after asking for purchasing and loan advise.

Doug has about as much a chance at getting his axles or money as Greg has a chance at not getting a Shut the fuck up Greg! response to anything he posts.

Roxy puts up with 0 shit and generally everyone enjoyed her bans and subsequent posts.

there was a military medic with a seriously inspiring back story that has a smoken hot misses who modeled a few of the pirate logo stickers in some very nice places...dang i miss those posts from both of them.

There was a water pump and ford 6. doh thread that pretty much always had me rolling...RIP big fella

A seriously epic troll that baited pretty much everyone of you guys on there that met his end on a crooked road...RIP

A little girl with a story that I'll always remember and the hearts of all of you during her battle and afterwords....May your sunsets be every beautiful young lady.

A one legged man with a fox news and link posting fetish.

I was a lurker in my highschool days, I built my first Toyota back in 07 or 08 with knowledge gained from reading the forums. I never dared post because I knew my junk wasnt PBB worthy. Some years later I created a login, and some years later I lost it. I never really posted though. I'm going to try to make an attempt at posting here though, because fuck it.

Never posted much on pirate. Forgot login and got tired of the blocked content everytime I qlicked a link. Glad to find this place.

Lurked there and will probably lurk here. Tech knowledge and fab skills would occupy the pinky of a lot of posters. But I keep an eye out for guys in need of help near me and always awaiting the next Ashke-esque thread to follow.

Lurked there for close to 20 years, probably do the same here.

Lurked until I finally joined the PBB in early '03. I posted, but not much. I want to say in those 17 years I barely broke 1000 posts, with most of them coming earlier. Back then I ran my own local board, and once I pulled the plug on that I stopped even lurking at pretty much all but Pirate. Will likely post at a slightly higher rate here, fresh start and nostalgia and all.

​​​​​​

I was on PBB since 07' (different login) and only had maybe 20 posts. I'll try to be a better citizen here.

I joined the PBB when I got my first home computer in 2005. Was quite an abrupt learning experience. :laughing:

I learned a lot and finally have some content worth sharing.

Wish i would have gone and snagged my post count before it died. I hadnt posted there in many years and likely wont post here either.

Whats funny though is that im pretty sure my member # there was 88 and my first post here was post 88 of this thread. Meh, not funny really.

Top Back Refresh