What's new

Lever actions WTH?

My 357 lever gun next to my AR pistol. If someone is making parts for these, they need to make a tube feed adapter. Even with the lighter Ranger Point loading gate and spring follower I can only load FMJ .Can only load a few hallow points or soft tip Hornady then shit gets hung up.
IMG_20210325_155403638_HDR.jpg
how many rounds would you be willing to lose for it? it'd probably sacrifice at least 2

how many rounds would you be willing to lose for it? it'd probably sacrifice at least 2
I'd start with changing the follower. Test. Next, I'd order a new mag spring. Remove the old, cut, reassemble, test, repeat... If I'm happy and it feeds, done. If I cut too much, trim new spring... You get the idea. None of that shit works ?

Trade for a Henry X!:flipoff2:

VG SERE

WTH hoss? :flipoff2: make with the goods, or record your video and upload it directly to Irate4x4
Well here's the thing. :laughing:

The manufacturer accidentally released the vid too soon! Whoever saw it while it was up either saw our final product before we did(!), or a few minutes after us before it was taken down. (FWIW it looked glorious, but they won't arrive until Tues!)

Wasn't a huge deal. We'd just love to QC the final product before it goes public. :homer: I think it was up 20 min or so, but the handful of reactions were all positive, so that was nice.

What you missed was our nylon full length m-lok hand guards coming out of the final steps of production. We have two versions, a full length pistol caliber version, and carbine universal version. Specific to most Henry side eject steel and brass models. (Marlins 336, 1895 coming next, then Win, clones)

We're also working on matching stocks. 2 versions, a classic with adjustable comb, and a tactical (also adjustable comb). No ETA, but the classic is up first. Will be LIGHT, even with the adjustable comb, and the nylon has a nice synthetic stock feel. Will retail far cheaper than the Form. (Blanking on compared to the Chisel.)

We're working a full line up of low profile M/RDS mounts, and rails.

The order will be the common side eject models, then top ejects for all development. Don't get too hyped, it'll be be a year before we cover the whole lineup, and that's probably wishful thinking.

Idea is you'll be able to buy "kits" for your model, Long or short handgaurd, classic or tactical stock, optic with mount, then all the toys to fill the m-locks etc. Eventually the hope is to sell full builds if we can get the base guns regularly. We plan on buying what we can, building, have painted, and retailing at a few local gun shows. Mainly as advertising, attention getters.

So sorry for the tease, but once the parts come in(and we love them) we'll snap some pics. We do have a name, still waiting on the docs. If you look back at when this started, we're not doing too bad! Still impatient as hell though, lol.

Our first run of hand guards are spoken for to industry peeps. If all the handshakes come through, we're getting access to some major influencers. I'm not counting chickens, but If even some come through I'll be stoked.

Once all the ink is dry I'll get a star, and share all the details.

Cheers

Vince

Wish us luck!

and here I thought you were going to be building full custom from scratch :laughing: fucking sweet though, and yeah y'all have seriously been boogieing getting all this done. awesome

Well here's the thing. :laughing:

The manufacturer accidentally released the vid too soon! Whoever saw it while it was up either saw our final product before we did(!), or a few minutes after us before it was taken down. (FWIW it looked glorious, but they won't arrive until Tues!)

Wasn't a huge deal. We'd just love to QC the final product before it goes public. :homer: I think it was up 20 min or so, but the handful of reactions were all positive, so that was nice.

What you missed was our nylon full length m-lok hand guards coming out of the final steps of production. We have two versions, a full length pistol caliber version, and carbine universal version. Specific to most Henry side eject steel and brass models. (Marlins 336, 1895 coming next, then Win, clones)

We're also working on matching stocks. 2 versions, a classic with adjustable comb, and a tactical (also adjustable comb). No ETA, but the classic is up first. Will be LIGHT, even with the adjustable comb, and the nylon has a nice synthetic stock feel. Will retail far cheaper than the Form. (Blanking on compared to the Chisel.)

We're working a full line up of low profile M/RDS mounts, and rails.

The order will be the common side eject models, then top ejects for all development. Don't get too hyped, it'll be be a year before we cover the whole lineup, and that's probably wishful thinking.

Idea is you'll be able to buy "kits" for your model, Long or short handgaurd, classic or tactical stock, optic with mount, then all the toys to fill the m-locks etc. Eventually the hope is to sell full builds if we can get the base guns regularly. We plan on buying what we can, building, have painted, and retailing at a few local gun shows. Mainly as advertising, attention getters.

So sorry for the tease, but once the parts come in(and we love them) we'll snap some pics. We do have a name, still waiting on the docs. If you look back at when this started, we're not doing too bad! Still impatient as hell though, lol.

Our first run of hand guards are spoken for to industry peeps. If all the handshakes come through, we're getting access to some major influencers. I'm not counting chickens, but If even some come through I'll be stoked.

Once all the ink is dry I'll get a star, and share all the details.

Cheers

Vince

Wish us luck!
what company?

I need a stock and handgaurds for my Henry X yesterday.:flipoff2::flipoff2:

what company?

I need a stock and handgaurds for my Henry X yesterday.:flipoff2::flipoff2:
I need your money, so that's awesome! :laughing:

Here ya go a irate exclusive. We're still working website etc. so I'm not going to share names or details yet. Once we're legit, I'll pick up a star and link our place holder stuff. We had products before we had a name or logo(still working on that!), so that's all a bit behind. On a good note the final models are gorgeous. Final fit, finish and texture are even better than hoped. Has a subtle almost carbon fiber feel.

3 lug just felt right for 3 lug Thursday.:grinpimp:

Final proto resize.jpg

does the handguard tie into the scope mount at all? I really like forward mount red dots and scout scope locations.

does the handguard tie into the scope mount at all? I really like forward mount red dots and scout scope locations.

No, we don't currently have any plans to incorporate a bridge or full length rail. The Midwest Industries rail does a great job of that, and if the demand is there they'll make it to fit other models.

We will have multiple optic mount options eventually. Starting with very minimalist RDS mounts and rear sight dovetail rails.

Overall trying to keep the original vibe of the lever action. More work horse, less show pony. If people want to go crazy and make it a slow AR, cool. I'm a glass is always full(except in a vacuum) kinda guy. I love fine walnut and blued steel to look at, but I want something I can ride hard and put away wet to bang around every day.

Finally shot the 45-70, and it did not disappoint. Can't wait for my bear hunt!

Mild 300gr factory JHP. Recoil is actually more mild than I expected. If I was after brown bear I might explore the BB loads, but I'm not, so....pass.

I swapped the Delta Stryker 1-6 in the Scalar works mount over on to the Henry. Every time I use both the glass and the mount I'm impressed. The mount is too tall in this application for my taste, I have to run the cheek riser at near max extension. I'm hoping I can pester Scalar works into dropping their design on to the common lever gun screw patterns. (Henry, 336. 1895) Until then I'm going to swap it out for some low rings.

1st round hits on the 100 and 200yd 10" steel. 1st hash for 200yds, last hash for 300yds, lol. Beyond that your holding in air, or dialing.

Last edited:
no issues with the front moving or is it tied in?
I can't speak for that one, but the factory Marlin mount I have on my 336 is super cheap Tasco garbage. Going in the trash were it belongs.

There are several quality options available. Some use the rear sight dovetail. Not really needed on a side eject 336.

Edit: Finally got a star, meant to post up. Here's our place holder website until the marketing people get done with our branding, logos, etc.

Name is officially Corax Gunworks. Just going to use Corax for most marketing stuff.

We're grinding it out. Awesome progress on our classic stock design. The stock is really what's keeping us up at night. Anticipating much higher demand for the stock, so it's pretty key to nail it out the gate. In love with the overall design, features and function. The part that is killing us is the free form aesthetic lines. It's a different skill set entirely. We are constrained by our brains and experience. Fingers crossed we've linked up with a guy who thinks he can help.

Parts are getting out into the hands of some serious juice in the lever gun world. Already positive reviews, and that's opening some doors for us.

Back to work!

Last edited:
Holy hell, sorry I've been way over my head!

3 steps forward and 1 step back. Huge learning curve on the biz side of things. We finally ordered the ordered the first production run on the stocks and Henry handguards! Once we get them back and QC, they'll go live on our website. We broke stuff on the Marlin handguards, which sucked and was good, our fix turned into a huge upgrade. Glad it happened before it went out into the world.

Stocks are ridiculously strong, and lighter than the factory. Recoil pad is spot on, I've been rocking a bunch of spicy 45-70 with no problems. We also designed the interior space to accept common mercury recoil reducers!

Been doing some things on instagram, if you want to check out some pics. Lol, learning about that as well, lol.

Never thought I'd get bored shooting, but most of our range trips are just tube dumps to make sure nothing breaks or moves. Really stings with the 30-30, as ammo is expensive and tough to find!

We've also been working on a big surprise with Henry Long Rangers, super stoked if we pull it off.

Still a big gamble on seeing the reaction to printed products. The feel and texture is perfect, but visually it's never 100% homogeneous. Even with the insane resolution and post processing that happens with industrial printers. Strength to weight on the Nylon is insane. It also just plain feels good in the hand, especially in cold or wet weather.

Seller has this marlin 45/70 priced at 4k.

Worth it or just looking for gold ?

Have one zactally like it I paid not even half of that and have never put a round thru it.

Seller has this marlin 45/70 priced at 4k.

Worth it or just looking for gold ?

Have one zactally like it I paid not even half of that and have never put a round thru it.

Plenty of buy it now options on Gunbroker for less than half that. NIB Ruger guns,

I've been seeing a steady trickle of Henry's at the LGS. X models for $900. Heck of deal. The Rugers all seem to end up on GB. I know shops are getting them here and there, but they already have buyers.

I won a Weatherby 12ga on a raffle and talked to my gun guy about trading it for a Henry lever 357/38 he has. We can use .357 now for deer hunting. I have a few slug gun shotguns for deer hunting. It will be fun to use the 357

VG SERE, are you still looking for a marlin 30-30?
Friend's shop has a jm stamped one for $800.
Thanks! We found one a while back. Poor shops guns are beat. Between the shooting, carrying, hunting and testing I think they've got 10 years of use in about 6 months.

I like lever guns. My BLR is a 500 yard plate killer.

I was >< close to getting a grizzly custom 10mm custom side eject, just because

I won a Weatherby 12ga on a raffle and talked to my gun guy about trading it for a Henry lever 357/38 he has. We can use .357 now for deer hunting. I have a few slug gun shotguns for deer hunting. It will be fun to use the 357
Is there actually a "rifle" season in IA this year? I asked at the county courthouse a couple of weeks ago when I went in for a couple of land owner tags and they told me no. Maybe it is a county by county decision? It has been several years since we got to do rifles here in southern Iowa.

Top Back Refresh