What's new

Let's wildly speculate about why a 95ish Ford Ranger I bought was parked!

Been too busy to fuck with it. Door chime works and doesn’t stay on when door is closed. Dome light will now stay on until the key is turned to run then it immediately shuts off. Pulled the bulbs until I’ve more time to fix.

Fucking interior light/dome light slider switch was the cause of all my shitty interior lighting issues. Only took 3 used junkyard switches to find one that worked :homer:
Yes I could’ve bought a new one but the original one checked out on the bench.
Not a big fan of parts store electrical hardware these days anyway.
Should’ve put a load to it when testing :homer::homer:

IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2404.JPG

Fucking Ford radios! Apparently they changed connectors at the rear every year? Got one I thought would work out of a 96? Exploder from the junk yard. Power and light plug was correct, speaker plug not. Oh well, the original radio only had an issue with the power/volume button not working so I tore both down and swapped them. At least these were interchangable.

IMG_2409.JPG

Fuckin' instrument lights and radio work! Fucking potato pic. Damn, she's cherry:grinpimp:

Got the back window replaced too.
IMG_2408.JPG

She's coming together.

Had to shit-can the headliner and pad after it disintegrated when trying to pull it slightly out of the way to get the top nuts of the rear window. Guess I've got another junkyard trip to make soon. Gonna try to fit one out of a later 3 door just because this era Ranger's about gone, along with all the 'slpoders and everything else. Shit, even 2nd gen Dodge's, 92-97 OBS Fords, 97-02 F150s, and GMT400's are getting to be slim picken's. In my mind those are still "late model" as those are "late model" rigs but they are all 20+ years old:confused:

Don't mind the cab caved in, that came with it:laughing:. I'm gonna end up wheeling this thing some so I'm actually glad that it's there so I don't have to worry about bashing a pristine one:dustin:

Fucking Ford radios! Apparently they changed connectors at the rear every year? Got one I thought would work out of a 96? Exploder from the junk yard.
Premium vs non-premium sound. Also there's a cutover at some point in the 90s that might be fucking you too.

Adapter harnesses are cheap and availible, or were last I checked.

She's coming together.

Had to shit-can the headliner and pad after it disintegrated when trying to pull it slightly out of the way to get the top nuts of the rear window. Guess I've got another junkyard trip to make soon.
Should've saved it to use as a template to make a fiberglass one.

That's what I'm planning to do with mine. And I fucking hate fiberglass. :laughing:

new shoes.jpg

New shoes!

Combo of 15yo spidertrax wheel adapters & ebay wheel adapters (5x4.5 to 5x5.5), Ram 1500 16" steelies I bored the center out on to fit my Scout years ago, and some 15-30% Duratrac 235/85R16s.

Seem to fit pretty well, think I'm gonna mount my 33x10.5x15 BFGs that I got at the swap meet on some old "turbine" wheels I've got for wheeling.

Yes, I'm trash:flipoff2:

I’m sure it’s just a”useless thing about my rangers day” but after driving it for a couple of months I hooked up the solus and checked the codes. An IAC an EGR DP sensor code. Cleared them. Guess what? After driving 30 miles still no check engine light!
#achievementunlocked
#winning
:lmao:

Oh, and cleaned up the wiring to the oil pressure sensor, then swapped in a new one. Went from reading low or nothing to reading in the middle of the range with sporadic nothing:homer:
Oh well:laughing:

I’m sure it’s just a”useless thing about my rangers day” but after driving it for a couple of months I hooked up the solus and checked the codes. An IAC an EGR DP sensor code. Cleared them. Guess what? After driving 30 miles still no check engine light!
#achievementunlocked
#winning
:lmao:

Oh, and cleaned up the wiring to the oil pressure sensor, then swapped in a new one. Went from reading low or nothing to reading in the middle of the range with sporadic nothing:homer:
Oh well:laughing:
If it ain’t ticking or knocking it’s probably got a pound or two

Top Back Refresh