What's new

Its official, record heat

It's been pretty darn hot here in Gilroy these past few weeks. And my A/C keeps blowing the cartridge fuses, so, I'm sleeping down stairs next to the front screen door on a cot with fans blowing everywhere, haha! The INSIDE of my house was almost 100 degrees up stairs when I came home one night at 9:30pm. It was still 90 degrees outside, normally it would be almost 60 at that time.

Normally I don't run the A/C at night, because it's usually in the 50s or low 60s at night, but woah it's been warm at night lately. I can deal with heat during the day so long as it cools off at night. I can't sleep when it's hot at night :rolleyes:

It's been pretty darn hot here in Gilroy these past few weeks. And my A/C keeps blowing the cartridge fuses, so, I'm sleeping down stairs next to the front screen door on a cot with fans blowing everywhere, haha! The INSIDE of my house was almost 100 degrees up stairs when I came home one night at 9:30pm. It was still 90 degrees outside, normally it would be almost 60 at that time.

Normally I don't run the A/C at night, because it's usually in the 50s or low 60s at night, but woah it's been warm at night lately. I can deal with heat during the day so long as it cools off at night. I can't sleep when it's hot at night :rolleyes:

Damn,that sucks. I agree, I deal with heat all day but when I need sleep, I also like it to be nice and cool. So I understand your thoughts and pain on that one.

Even went as far as sleeping in the Garage on the concrete floor with 2 big fans to keep cool and get enough rest to be able to work the next day.

Damn,that sucks. I agree, I deal with heat all day but when I need sleep, I also like it to be nice and cool. So I understand your thoughts and pain on that one.

Even went as far as sleeping in the Garage on the concrete floor with 2 big fans to keep cool and get enough rest to be able to work the next day.

do what i did and get a trailer. I got a bed, snap on tools, an m5, and two motherfucking ACs in this insulated 40 foot little piece of heaven. #rentfree :flipoff2:

It's 57* right now supposed to get down to 47*. Holy shit that's a swing from yesterday's 100*

do what i did and get a trailer. I got a bed, snap on tools, an m5, and two motherfucking ACs in this insulated 40 foot little piece of heaven. #rentfree :flipoff2:

After my last seperation from a crazy gal,I'm thinking of doing exactly that for this winter. Wish I would have done it sooner.

I've done it before and actually enjoyed it vs dealing with a house and people. Put it on my Hunting Grounds during the Summer and enjoyed the fact of No people around and peace and quiet of nature. And the AC blowing :smokin:

I was lucky and the property owner let me hook to the electric and septic. It was pure Serenity. I've had 4,000 sq ft houses than weren't as relaxing.

The challenge now is Heat and a place to put it. Times have changed. But with this BS Covid in the world I can deal with a lil bit of cold if necessary.

sept9snow.JPG

Snow in New Mexico and 90º in New England.

What the hell is going on here? :laughing:

Snow in New Mexico and 90º in New England.

What the hell is going on here? :laughing:

Semi-typical weather for NM. Forecast shows back in the 80's again next week. Just a random ass cold front last night.

Vast open area off the back porch

Nobody is gonna be sneaking up on you!

It was 67* and 89% humidity while I mixed 4 bags of concrete at 7:00 a.m.. My shirt was soaked with sweat. I've worked outside for the past 20+ years and I don't think I've ever sweat as much as this summer. Either I'm old or I'm over it. The temps haven't been much higher than average, but humidity has been way up.

30* when I got up this morning only snow is on the back porch, bell pepper, and chilli plants came uncovered during the night supposed to get to 41* today, then start creeping up till we're back in the 70s by the week end. Unfortunatly we our heating system takes several days to build up heat, so it's not really worth turning on till the cold is constant

Top Back Refresh