What's new

Interesting Trucks for Sale

1976 Pinzgauer 712 M - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

00505_11IqsMpqtUN_0rf0iv_1200x900.jpg

what a bargain!

Looking through the photos they stripped it down to the frame, stripped and painted the frame, sanded the body down and repainted it too. So I'm sure they have that money into it, but not sure if they'll find someone willing to pay that for it.

NP540 is a pretty cool transmission. Real wide overall spread. Should pair well with a modern engine with a wide power band.

I would have saved the axle housing. Can't have too many brake/wheel/hub assemblies in stock. :laughing:

Went back and got the other included parts truck I asked him to save for me. C60 that also has an NP540, but with two PTOs. Truck has a 10 lug 2 speed rear and a 30K Garwood Dual Capstan Winch. The flat bed frame is decent but the skin is pretty far gone.

20230716_163551.jpg

20230716_190755.jpg

20230716_190307.jpg

20230716_190228.jpg

That looks like a real cool setup.

I assume the drum is clutched and the capstans are fixed?

If you do happen to part the engine and trans would you mind taking a look at the clutch setup and getting specs on pilot bearing, stick-out, flywheel and stuff?

There was no engine in the truck, but can measure the transmission nose and such. It had a 250 cid in it that was pulled and put in another smaller grain truck, as per the seller.
The capstans and the drum can be run independent or with the winch, there were two separate handles. The seller said that the truck was being used during the construction of Dulles Airport pulling underground cables. He bought it from the contractor after the airport was finished sometime in the mid '60s. The truck itself was a '60 he said.

Top Back Refresh