What's new

Interesting Trucks for Sale

Screenshot_20211128-130014.png

unreal. I would have guess $5k tops.

time to up the coverage on mine.

The Chevy CC dually sold for $11,250. Never thought it would bring that much.

Um..... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Whatever. I'll be buying something next year and I'm not holding my breath for prices to get any better. I'll probably have to pay $6k for a $3k beater. 🙄

Last edited:
55k seems absurd. Does anyone know if that is likely to sell for that or in the ballpark? I know prices are high right now but jeez.

Makes me want to sell my 12 valve service truck.

55k seems absurd. Does anyone know if that is likely to sell for that or in the ballpark? I know prices are high right now but jeez.

Makes me want to sell my 12 valve service truck.

I'd bet he'll get close. Seems like its a highly desired format (CCSB) and unique.

You can clist ALL DAY LONG
And carb is Gunning for more , cal exempt yep ? For how long?

I think its had too many parts touched to get the big stupid money.
Big stupid money tends to chase restorations or barn finds.
Maybe cummins swaps
But what seems to happen is if a truck is mixed and matched with desirable parts, the guy that wants it, asks a million questions and builds his own.

It'll probably get 32k

And if it was a clean f250 srw with ttb, it'd probably get 32k:laughing:

I think its had too many parts touched to get the big stupid money.
Big stupid money tends to chase restorations or barn finds.
Maybe cummins swaps
But what seems to happen is if a truck is mixed and matched with desirable parts, the guy that wants it, asks a million questions and builds his own.

It'll probably get 32k

And if it was a clean f250 srw with ttb, it'd probably get 32k:laughing:

Too much touched but then suggesting a 6bt? :flipoff2:

I bet he gets $40-45k

Edit: yeah… I’ll admit I’ve done the calculations of selling the current truck and buying a strange, 23 year older size compensator

Wanna buy a truck? :grinpimp:
I'm buying all kinds of trucks, but not at that money:homer:
Too much touched but then suggesting a 6bt? :flipoff2:

I bet he gets $40-45k

Edit: yeah… I’ll admit I’ve done the calculations of selling the current truck and buying a strange, 23 year older size compensator
Well, people are afraid of the unknown, a fummins is somewhat known, and sought after, over a clean 7.3 and a fresh e4od. Reality is, if an idiot has 55k, he might take a ve 618a 1st gen swap over a decent ford powertrain, cuz cummins bro

I don't think it'll get that money too many variables, and too far out of age and price for financing

Best money is probably singles, and starting over on a non dually bed, painted, and coming in under 36k

Imo

I'm buying all kinds of trucks, but not at that money:homer:

Well, people are afraid of the unknown, a fummins is somewhat known, and sought after, over a clean 7.3 and a fresh e4od. Reality is, if an idiot has 55k, he might take a ve 618a 1st gen swap over a decent ford powertrain, cuz cummins bro

I don't think it'll get that money too many variables, and too far out of age and price for financing

Best money is probably singles, and starting over on a non dually bed, painted, and coming in under 36k

Imo
Bet you a McRib you’re wrong. :flipoff2:

Not a fan of the wheels or the lack of finish on the dually inner fenders.

And I bet that thing rides like a brick.

But I’d drive it if he included the flat bill hat.

And the extras are interesting

Yeah. I have a truck crush

Bet you a McRib you’re wrong. :flipoff2:

Not a fan of the wheels or the lack of finish on the dually inner fenders.

And I bet that thing rides like a brick.

But I’d drive it if he included the flat bill hat.

And the extras are interesting

Yeah. I have a truck crush
So pay him 40-45k and you'll get a mcrib out of the deal:flipoff2:

I bet he's getting a bunch of calls from guys that are in love with it, asking him all about the adaptors the wheels, the rear axle swap and the dually fenders, because they already own a OBS ford and want to modify it. That's my guess

When I was selling my 12v/nv4500/axle swapped Excursion 9 out of 10 messages I got were asking how I got something working or where I bought X part at. Hey, just buy mine then you don't have to ask :flipoff2:

The dude who asked the least questions is ultimately who bought it.

it just LOOKS like a rough ride from way over here.

I think if he wants big bucks the fender paint needs to match.

Reactions: Clb
So what can these old fire trucks be used for? They seem so specialized that they would suck for anything other than fighting fires. can the pump and other fire fighting apparatus be removed and the cab and chassis be used for regular truck work stuff?

So what can these old fire trucks be used for? They seem so specialized that they would suck for anything other than fighting fires. can the pump and other fire fighting apparatus be removed and the cab and chassis be used for regular truck work stuff?
Can be done, IIRC on newer ones, the pump has a transfer case built in so you have to build a new driveshaft to replace that when you pull the pump.
They are commonly converted to flatbeds, or used for supply trucks.

A couple:
1979-hendrickson-27-flatbed-truck-331742221111-0.jpg

towtruck4-uai-1032x688.jpg

Rollback/motorhome? https://libredd.it/r/WeirdWheels/comments/msnmya/fire_trucksemiflatbed_i_need_answers/
ehx5nxemcpt61.jpg

Car hauler: C800 Fire truck to car hauler conversion is complete - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
fire3_32e8422e47154b343354b2b6e8122e4aa4b1553e.jpg

Then there is always the tow pig that Sceep had (has?): New sOb tow rig.
P1010035.jpg

Aaron Z

Yes the pump and stuff can be removed. They don't tend to be spec'd out well as work trucks. They tend to be deep geared fuel hogs. The real problem is that most of them have open back cabs that make them shit for anyone who won't be parking it in a firehouse or expects to have good HVAC. An old cabover Volvo trash truck tends do be a better deal for most people and is a whole lot less work hence why firetrucks go so cheap.

i would think listening to that Detroit screaming mile after mile would get old in a hurry.

Pussy. :flipoff2:

I LOVED the 8-v71 in ours. Thing would scream @70mph all day long. It was a tad loud (ok... deafening) when I first drove it home with the 4" x 2' straight pipes straight outtah the heads. :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh