What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

452472322_122107103456402938_4858649000784358947_n.jpg
New long block and 25k on the Od, how many times has the Od said 25k:smokin:

Some dude selling home made trailers near me. This thing looks super flimsy to me? I guess it might fit the bill for bulky but light things?

Screenshot_20240823-214052.png

Some dude selling home made trailers near me. This thing looks super flimsy to me? I guess it might fit the bill for bulky but light things?

5lug 3500# axles and no mention of brakes, may be useful for hauling popped pop corn.

He's probably just reinforcing as needed and putting decks on old campers. Those sorts of build do fine for what they are.

If you thought scale train people are weird...

Screenshot_20240825_212028_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240825_212044_Facebook.jpg

I'd rather pay him $400 than have to build something like it from scratch. In today's money I see $400 as 4 hours labor and materials. You are definitely not building that in 4hrs and probably not buying all the material either.

But I bet I could have more than $400 worth of fun with it.

This fucking guy has had this garbage on CL for at least 2 years now. Just some old tweak who hacked up a jetskit and trying to sell it. At least he dropped the price, but it should be zero.

Screenshot_20240825_212228_Chrome.jpg

Steve300xcw

I'm confused. I thought Ford never made a crew cab 4x4 dually and that they were all 2wd? :confused:

Yea I dunno. I have heard that some people will sometimes modify their vehicles though. Some go as far as putting solid axles under them, and even converting them to 4 wheel drive....

I know it sounds crazy but I swear some guys do shit like that:flipoff2:

Yea I dunno. I have heard that some people will sometimes modify their vehicles though. Some go as far as putting solid axles under them, and even converting them to 4 wheel drive....

I know it sounds crazy but I swear some guys do shit like that:flipoff2:

No shit really? Do you have a link to a website like that where I can go check out rock crawlers? :flipoff2:

Oh and swapping a 2wd Ford to 4wd in those years would require a frame swap or tons of hacking. A 2wd frame and a 4wd frame are not even close...

Oh and swapping a 2wd Ford to 4wd in those years would require a frame swap or tons of hacking. A 2wd frame and a 4wd frame are not even close...

The only meaningful difference between 2wd and 4wd frames in 80-96 is the stuff riveted onto them.

Over the years there's some other minor variations when you start talking about which trucks got the boxed front frame horns, different GVWs of F250, etc, but none of that shit is going to prevent it from being a bolt together swap.

The only meaningful difference between 2wd and 4wd frames in 80-96 is the stuff riveted onto them.

Over the years there's some other minor variations when you start talking about which trucks got the boxed front frame horns, different GVWs of F250, etc, but none of that shit is going to prevent it from being a bolt together swap.

I think you are wrong about that

I'm confused. I thought Ford never made a crew cab 4x4 dually and that they were all 2wd? :confused:
My dad has almost that same exact truck. It's a Centurion conversion.

And like Arse said, super easy to swap 4wd into them. Knock the TTB rivets out, notch x-member to clear dif, insert front axle of your liking.

I'd rather pay him $400 than have to build something like it from scratch. In today's money I see $400 as 4 hours labor and materials. You are definitely not building that in 4hrs and probably not buying all the material either.

But I bet I could have more than $400 worth of fun with it.
100%, never saw something like it. I know the scale train shit is super expensive.

I think you are wrong about that
Fuck off, he's never wrong.

:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh