What's new
  • If you registered but have not received your email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please Contact Us and let us know your username.

Interesting Craigslist finds

PAToyota

Hill-William
Member Number
I've got the K2500 non-dually version. The '93 gives me a lot less trouble than the '94 with the EFI. As others say, it certainly doesn't have the power of the Duramax, Cummins, or Powerstroke, but I can get low 20's mileage with it. It does ok towing, but putting the word "mountains" with "towing" would give me pause. I brought a mini-ex back from West Virginia with mine and let's just say it was a leisurely trip home...

Last edited:
Reactions: fvs

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Yep that one! I think it is at least worth a look. I just don't what to look for with diesel; I can figure out the rest of the truck.

It's going to be slow and feel underpowered. Stock boost is a whoping 7psi and I dont know if that intercooler is doing anything in that position.

Otherwise clean truck. 93 is going to be a 2 year only nv4500 with a different bell and lower 1st.

Sniffler

Member Number
So if you paint PVC black it becomes ABS?
unknown.gif

Sceep

Impressively slow.
Member Number

Stuck

But not in TX
Member Number
What I want to know is why the fuck didnt uhaul make it a flat deck? I used one of those 26'ers and those fender bumps are a fucking pain in the ass. It only lowers it 2 fucking inches.

Sceep

Impressively slow.
Member Number
What I want to know is why the fuck didnt uhaul make it a flat deck? I used one of those 26'ers and those fender bumps are a fucking pain in the ass. It only lowers it 2 fucking inches.
Because some schmuck Program Manager wouldn't budge on his product requirement that demanded that 2" extra clearance so they could "get an edge on the competition".

1623420929245.png

Grendel

Chaplain
Member Number
Yeah, on that particular truck, I'd cut the humps out and raise the rear suspension. All flatness.

larboc

Limestone cowboy
Member Number
I don't know shit about Chevy or diesel but it looks like a good truck to get me started. Would this be good for pulling Jeep and hauling stuff for odd jobs etc?

View attachment 394563
I'd buy that in a heart beat if I needed one. The 92-93 6.5's were good, I've been around a few of them and I never experienced any problems with them, I'm sure the internet experts who have never been around one will have opinions but for what they are, they are a decent option. 94+ 6.5 with PMD's and ECU's needing all the sensors 100% are a different story. On the 92-93's you can turn the pumps up easily (virtually the same pump as a 6.9/7.3 idi) but be careful with that unless you add an intercooler.

Run power to the lift pump off of the ignition switch so it still runs when the OPSU goes out, make sure the GP's all work, and keep clean fuel in it and it will be fine. My old man had a '94 in a k2500 burb that had over 600k on it when he sold it due to rust. From 100k to 400k it needed 4 PMD's then it got relocated. From 400k to 600k+ the engine needed an injection pump, valve spring, and 1 PMD.

larboc

Limestone cowboy
Member Number
Top speed wouldn't be a big concern for me but would I be able to maintain 55-65 in mountain passes if towing 6-7000lbs?
I had a NV4500 in a Jeep and didn't mind it; would it be fine for hauling if 5th gear has been fixed? Would swapping to the auto provide any advantage?
Keep the nv4500 to keep as much of the power going to the rear as possible. I drove my dads '92 k2500 4.10 6.5 4l80e sclb truck for a while and towed with it. Flat it was fine running as fast as I wanted to spin the engine. 70 was about as high as I wanted to hear it spin with stock tire size. The only time I really humbled it was towing my scout loaded down with stuff to ~7k gross up the I35 hill coming out of duluth. It had plenty of power but it was getting hot above 35mph or so, I think that's why they went to dual t-stat's later on, not sure if that can be retrofitted to a mechanical engine. A LOT of power got wasted with the 4l80e because it wouldn't lock up under 40mph which threw that much more heat into the radiator. Always fantasized about swapping in an nv4500.

If I bought the truck above, I'd add an intercooler, dual t-stats, and keep it forever.

arse_sidewards

Masshole
Member Number
Because some schmuck Program Manager wouldn't budge on his product requirement that demanded that 2" extra clearance so they could "get an edge on the competition".

They've been doing that with the boxes since long before that kind of MBA bullshit dominated corporate culture.

The reduced overall height easily saves them millions in roof damage per year.

Stuck

But not in TX
Member Number
My grandad had one like that when I was a pup although I think it may have been a shriners three wheeler. Dad would get on, pull me into his lap and Id hold his beer while we did laps up and down the 1/2 mile gravel driveway and spun donuts in front field. Then Id rack out up on the rear window tray or stand up holding the rollbar in the truck bed while my mom held my little brother on the way home. Good times. The 70s rocked.

IH Parts America - CPT Crawler Proven Technology

Register to get rid of these ads:

Register to get rid of this ad: