What's new

Insurance help

That looks like an easy fix.

Also, that Era 1500 tends to bend the frame behind the wheel in a front end collision that should be an "easy fix" :laughing:

I can't say I like the lowered 4wd, but, I've got a buddy with a rcsb e85 6.0 100 plus mm turbo monster of a street truck. He lowered it to stock 2wd height. The front axleshafts angle up. When he launches in 4wd the shafts sit even and doesn't break stuff:laughing:

I haven't talked to him in a while, I imagine he's in the 9s by now

So... The truck is fixed...I paid for it. As it sits I could sell it this week for between $12-14k Insurance is committed to totaling it...@ $8k,
20230105_115228.jpg
the comps they used were all extended cab trucks from buy here pay here pay here car lots. I submitted several trucks for sale similar to mine but from all over the country...turns out in WA state all comps have to come from a 150 mile radius. There are zero lowered 4x4 regular cab short bed Silverados for sale. Any insights? Not trying to make money just want to be made whole. Any suggestions? I'll take less payout but don't want the truck totaled...state farm insurance

Last edited:
Pictures. Can't find comps anywhere in the internet...
Fender, hood, bumper, under bumper cladding, bumper mount, grille, headlight, signal housing, blend paint. I'm not seeing $8k in damage there, unless the frame horn is bent along with the crumple zone, then frame rack time.

Buy it back, get the body parts anywhere, hang them, blend the paint, profit.

So... The truck is fixed...I paid for it. As it sits I could sell it this week for between $12-14k Insurance is committed to totaling it...@ $8k,
20230105_115228.jpg
the comps they used were all extended cab trucks from buy here pay here pay here car lots. I submitted several trucks for sale similar to mine but from all over the country...turns out in WA state all comps have to come from a 150 mile radius. There are zero lowered 4x4 regular cab short bed Silverados for sale. Any insights? Not trying to make money just want to be made whole. Any suggestions? I'll take less payout but don't want the truck totaled...state farm insurance
Pro Tip: Always read the second page before replying.:laughing:

So... The truck is fixed...I paid for it. As it sits I could sell it this week for between $12-14k Insurance is committed to totaling it...@ $8k, the comps they used were all extended cab trucks from buy here pay here pay here car lots. I submitted several trucks for sale similar to mine but from all over the country...turns out in WA state all comps have to come from a 150 mile radius. There are zero lowered 4x4 regular cab short bed Silverados for sale. Any insights? Not trying to make money just want to be made whole. Any suggestions? I'll take less payout but don't want the truck totaled...state farm insurance

Are there '00-'06 RCSB 4x4s in the 150 mile radius? I wouldn't be caught up on the lowered part, as you could argue that it would cost $xx to lower what you found. Insurance probably won't care or pay, but if you can at least get better comps. Ebay also has an option to view sold listings, if that widens the net a little bit.

If not, find whatever you can as close as you can and use that to argue. I'd have to imagine the 150 mile radius can be extended if similar comps aren't available. We had to do nationwide comps when they totalled my sister's Solstice coupe and kept comping convertibles instead of the rare coupe.

Oh, and I dig lowered 4x4s. My leveled '19 F150 RCSB might head that route whenever I toss on a supercharger. 4wd launches are fun, even NA.

Are there '00-'06 RCSB 4x4s in the 150 mile radius? I wouldn't be caught up on the lowered part, as you could argue that it would cost $xx to lower what you found. Insurance probably won't care or pay, but if you can at least get better comps. Ebay also has an option to view sold listings, if that widens the net a little bit.

If not, find whatever you can as close as you can and use that to argue. I'd have to imagine the 150 mile radius can be extended if similar comps aren't available. We had to do nationwide comps when they totalled my sister's Solstice coupe and kept comping convertibles instead of the rare coupe.

Oh, and I dig lowered 4x4s. My leveled '19 F150 RCSB might head that route whenever I toss on a supercharger. 4wd launches are fun, even NA.
There are exactly zero '00-'06 RCSB 4x4s for sale within 150 miles...getting ready to ask for an independent valuation...when
This is settled State Farm can kiss my ass.

Top Back Refresh