What's new

I am flummoxed

1725373391154.png

I had to look that one up. :laughing::flipoff2:
Brett?

Dad's the same way. 5 or 6 "project" vehicles and none really finished. Pick one (I suggest just one) or two and sell the others to finance that them. You're stretching yourself too thin with multiples.
Yeah, that's my problem, that I am addressing.

All I do is work, or wrench.

Like when the CJ8 went to paint prison (still trying to get it out), I started the IH... which is getting ready to go back into prison.

So far, most people are saying Conquest.

A buddy of mine jammed a 6L and 4L80E into one. I have a lot of the parts.

Attachments

• 273321338_4783567308405627_9117129820145088121_n.jpg
    273321338_4783567308405627_9117129820145088121_n.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, that's my problem, that I am addressing.

All I do is work, or wrench.

Like when the CJ8 went to paint prison (still trying to get it out), I started the IH... which is getting ready to go back into prison.
But are you really? It sounds like you're trying to justify all of them.

Oh, I get it. I had the same issue. Lots of unfinished toys and not enough time to dedicate. So, I'm selling everything off. A guy sent a down payment and is supposed to be here in a few weeks to pick up the '86 F150. That's the last of my "project" vehicles.

Right now, I just want to take a break. I have something else I'm working on and I want to focus my time and energy on it. When it's done, I may start looking for something else.

There are a lot of people in this thread trying to give you advice you didn't ask for. Go with the Conquest, even if you used to have a mullet.

BZ,

Small block TBI is basically a bolt in, mildly massage it with a cam/other choice mods. You can go 383 stroker route if so inspired.
Problem is the other mods that have to follow:laughing:

Enjoy that car for what it is, perhaps freshen it up a bit. GM spent a boatload of money designing this to function/outlast the warranty period:grinpimp:
I'm not because the car has sentimental value and I got it with 60k OG miles, pristine interior and leak free t-tops...

I also have a project list similar to his and want to get some other smaller projects finished before I do anything to a running driving car these days. Mainly fix all the other in-op vehicles I don't drive. :homer:

There are a lot of people in this thread trying to give you advice you didn't ask for. Go with the Conquest, even if you used to have a mullet.
Isn't that every thread? 322 people who didn't read or comprehend?
:flipoff2:

Hey, what do you guys think 1 or 2? I have both, will build one and off the other:

"I think pickle."

"BACON!"

"Trump Sucks"

"Covid was a joke"

"Biden sucks"

"hey, did you see what the pariah posted today?"

"Um, I like 1, better."

Isn't that every thread? 322 people who didn't read or comprehend?
:flipoff2:

Hey, what do you guys think 1 or 2? I have both, will build one and off the other:

"I think pickle."

"BACON!"

"Trump Sucks"

"Covid was a joke"

"Biden sucks"

"hey, did you see what the pariah posted today?"

"Um, I like 1, better."

That is the point of the forum, everyone has a different perspective:flipoff2:

Since you have already made up your mind, why even go through the process of asking imaginary peoples:flipoff2::flipoff2:

OP, you lost me on post 8.

But, do as your list says. You've got it already figured out unless you sell shit. If so, that Chrysler product first. The Camaro is kinda cool... CJ8 would be my priority.

So I have both cars, will get rid of one now, to focus on the other, when I have the others finished.

It is not you. Its your Brain Computer. As we get older the program changes a touch.

Build the Conquest. No Angry Black Dietribe required. I am not Gonna beat you down with it.

Aren't the parts for the F body Proven already? Or is it just that you wan't to prove it out in your'e head? If not, then sell it. Where is the proof of concept that I and many others' would expect from you. Save yourself the time and just Rub your Belly Button every time you think of building the F body over the Conquest.:shaking:

Why sell the Vette? I do drive it. I also don't have to work on it. When the warranty's up, it will be traded for a C8 Z06.

Don’t be in a hurry to go C8. I find the 7 to be way better beater.

As far as your decision, the Conquest only because of rarity. But that is a decision only you can make. In fact, I will go one further. I wouldn’t spend time on either unless it’s really what you want. From what I gather about you, you are at a stage in life that you should be building the car of your dreams. Not starting with one of the two you happen to have.

I guess I should write about why?

My motivation:

I grew up in foster homes. The one I was in the longest was with a Dominican family, in the slums of Salem, MA. I literally stole food to be able to eat. All the drug lords there had new Conquests. Lots of longing for something I could never afford.

In High School, my rich GF had a new Camaro. I like the later ones, but still lots of good memories.

Top Back Refresh