What's new

Hurricane Laura

I HATE PONIES

Member Number
Hurricane Laura looks to be gathering steam.

Any of you guys local gonna ride it out or is it women and children first?

Looks like time is running out quickly to evacuate.

Prediction is for it to hit Port Author. I think they got butt fawked a few years ago by another hurricane??

If so, it’s going to suck for them.

Running right up the TX/LA border, I'm about 40 miles from LA. I'm far enough inland that it should be weakened, but possibly still a cat 2 or 3 when it gets here. We will probably see a bunch of tree damage and weeks of power outages. Should be a real crappy time being as hot as its been lately. I helped a friend run his houseboat aground last night. The owner of the marina told him he didn't expect the marina to be there after it passes.

The storm surge looks like it will be brutal all along the coast. When I was working along the space coast, it seemed like building 10’ in the air was a popular trend. Hopefully it’s high enough :eek:

Running right up the TX/LA border, I'm about 40 miles from LA. I'm far enough inland that it should be weakened, but possibly still a cat 2 or 3 when it gets here. We will probably see a bunch of tree damage and weeks of power outages. Should be a real crappy time being as hot as its been lately. I helped a friend run his houseboat aground last night. The owner of the marina told him he didn't expect the marina to be there after it passes.

Im further south but if you need anything minus hookers and blow, keep me posted.

Be safe folks that are close. She’s now a cat 4 and they are saying storm surge could reach 30 miles inland in some places.

Stay safe out there. I moved to Jacksonville just in time to evacuate twice for and end up riding out Irma in a travel trailer. Hurricanes fucking suck.

Stay safe. Fill up gas cans if you haven’t already.

stay safe.

a buddy of mine got tired of montana winters and moved his family to the shreveport area a few years ago.

RUGER

Cousin Lives in Hammond LA. they are east of the predicted path. She said this happens all the time, that after it hits land it calms down

Cousin Lives in Hammond LA. they are east of the predicted path. She said this happens all the time, that after it hits land it calms down

I'm 140 miles inland from where it will make landfall. We still expect 75-100mph winds. The good news for us is its shifting east. Not much, but every mile helps.

Yea and Ive seen Hammond under several feet of water. I'm sure this is just a little storm and wont do hardly any damage.

We are 70 miles inland at about 45' elevation, they are now saying storm surge could go 40 miles inland. We won't get much rain but the wind will be brutal, we've had tornadoes all day starting at 0900 and the current watch is until 10pm.
Going to be rough for anyone in Lafayette- to the west side of Houston

This one is going to be a nasty bitch for sure. We’re riding it out down here in Beaumont. Got the generator and power cord all sorted out. 45 gallons of gasoline reserved just in case. Doc said we can use his fridge to keep my mom’s insulin cold if we need it. I took down the only real problem tree just before Ike so we should be safe on that account. Still it’s going to be a hell of a ride

This one is going to be a nasty bitch for sure. We’re riding it out down here in Beaumont. Got the generator and power cord all sorted out. 45 gallons of gasoline reserved just in case. Doc said we can use his fridge to keep my mom’s insulin cold if we need it. I took down the only real problem tree just before Ike so we should be safe on that account. Still it’s going to be a hell of a ride

Keep safe brim! And we all know that the rest of Beaumont could just stand behind you and be safe. :smokin:

Be safe big fella

Top Back Refresh