What's new

Hurricane Laura

We're currently under a tornado watch, and tropical storm warning in central Arkansas!

There's a skeleton crew at the office due to COVID, but the powers that be are closing up shop at noon.

We're 450 miles from the coast, wild!

I've been through countless severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, and floods, some were due to the remnants of hurricanes, but I can't recall a tropical storm warning this far inland.

Our poor farmers, folks have been draining their rice fields the past couple of weeks, a few have already started harvesting, but the vast majority will probably lose most of their crops.

That sucks. A friend of mine has been busting it trying to get plots harvested there.

Kinda glad I don't have the roof on it yet. :laughing:

Nothing but rain up here so far. Sketchy stuff isn't supposed to start till 11:00 I think. I'll be in the middle of a 100acre building so no worries. Schools/preK all closed so the wife gets to work from home today with the kids.

save the maple syrup

stay safe

That sucks. A friend of mine has been busting it trying to get plots harvested there.

Yeah, we've got a new cooperating farmer that we're doing research with, I've been working on getting all the instrumentation installed and working there off-and-on for the past six weeks. I made a mad dash the past 2 days to get everything installed & working before the forecasted 8"+ of rain we're supposed to get today & tomorrow. We've been working on the low end of a field that boarders the White River levee, if we didn't get done yesterday, it'll probably be June before we could access it with a truck again.

Some of our other research farms have harvested their corn, but that's pretty much it. Most stuff can handle the rain, though it slows things down significantly, but they're saying 50+ MPH wind. You can't harvest crops when they're laying on the ground. :frown:

Yeah, we've got a new cooperating farmer that we're doing research with, I've been working on getting all the instrumentation installed and working there off-and-on for the past six weeks. I made a mad dash the past 2 days to get everything installed & working before the forecasted 8"+ of rain we're supposed to get today & tomorrow. We've been working on the low end of a field that boarders the White River levee, if we didn't get done yesterday, it'll probably be June before we could access it with a truck again.

Some of our other research farms have harvested their corn, but that's pretty much it. Most stuff can handle the rain, though it slows things down significantly, but they're saying 50+ MPH wind. You can't harvest crops when they're laying on the ground. :frown:

At least they can pick up rice if it lodges. Not much you can do about flat corn.

thoughts and prayers please

:usa: WE WILL REBUILD :usa:
20200827_191845_resize_60.jpg
20200827_191943_resize_17.jpg

Well we got a bunch of rain... which is really no different than any other week. Had some good winds, but not many trees down- I think I saw 2 on the way home from work. It was a solid "meh" here.

Lake Charles got hammered pretty good. My parents are part of the All American Beef Battalion (go to bases, grill steaks for the troops etc) and right now they're getting a group together to go down there and cook for the public. Other than that, I haven't heard shit. All my kinfolk are in the Houston, Victoria, Port Lavaca region or central-ish Louisiana and everybody faired ok.

Lake Charles got hammered pretty good. My parents are part of the All American Beef Battalion (go to bases, grill steaks for the troops etc) and right now they're getting a group together to go down there and cook for the public. Other than that, I haven't heard shit. All my kinfolk are in the Houston, Victoria, Port Lavaca region or central-ish Louisiana and everybody faired ok.

I saw on news lake Charles got hammered, they have or had a chem plant fire and chlorine leak to top off the party. The area looks pretty rough, I’m sure lots of people with extensive damage to their homes. The glass folks are going to be busy fixing that skyscraper missing most of its windows.

I just looked in to All American Beef Battalion. https://www.steaksfortroops.com/

Pretty damn cool. I just donated. Please thank them for me.
PP.jpg

Top Back Refresh