What's new

Hows the weather?

Black ice is no joke. The last 3 snows we have got have been super fluffy and since it's so freaking cold it just blows around all night and it looks like it snowed. In the last week I have been sideways scared shitless in the truck with a trailer and my AWD car. In the car I was going straight and the WIND blew me on black ice sideways. That was a wakeup. :laughing:

Thats what we all know as the "pucker factor". We had the same thing here on the road I am off of the other night. 4wd ain't competing with the black ice. Always a "oooooh, my starfish just puckered a bit" moment. :laughing:

Ice storm warning starting now til 11am tomorrow. Well, fuck... Leaving now-

been frozen rain and sleet for about 24 hours, give or take. Just took the ATV down the drive/road to check things out. I'd say a good 1' of ice and sleet on the surfaces. About 24-26 degrees.

Snowed another 8-10” over night of 32 degree cottage cheese. Then started freezing rain first thing. Then switched to hard 34 degree rain then back to snow then rain and now the roof is clearing.

Warmed up to 25 hot water is running again!
Wind chill is 15*
UPS is supposed to be here tomarrow so I'll go out and clean off the porch, but I doubt they'll make it

Last edited:
Another day it was supposed to rain and didn’t get a drop. Lawn is getting thirsty. At least I don’t have to mow as often.
Temp is 78 now that the sun went down, was around 85 earlier.

-12 this morning (actual) with 6" of snow, more coming this evening.
Supposed to warm up some, thankfully. Not used to this crap in NW Ark!

-6F in west central Arkansas with 8" of snow on the ground and another 8" predicted. At least they got the power back on at the tower site I had to babysit a generator at yesterday.

1 degree with about 8” of snow on the ground. First time I’ve ever seen this much snow here, and more coming tomorrow night.

I dunno. It was -25 when I went to work yesterday. Like 2 today so I'm in a warm spell. Larboc is like 2 hours north of me so he should have snow.

last week.
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210204_135318780.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	312900
we got 9 more inches of snow last night.
I just ran the snow thrower for over an hour.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210204_135318780.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	312900

12° outside. Snow and ice everywhere. No power for the last 20 hours. 40° indoors. People up the road haven't had power for 4 days. Last year at this time I was probably sitting in the river with a cold beer.

-12 this morning (actual) with 6" of snow, more coming this evening.
Supposed to warm up some, thankfully. Not used to this crap in NW Ark!

We got 10" down here at the La/TX corner, -3 this morning. Truck started rough then went into REDUCED ENGINE POWER mode. I let it warm up 5 minutes, killed it and restarted and it's all good. I don't think in its 16yr life it's ever seen below high 20's. :laughing:

Was just another day here this morning

20210216_064417.jpg

20210216_064329.jpg

We got another few inches on top of Saturdays 1' dump.... gonna melt fast later this week, we are slated for 50's and low 60's over the weekend in to next week.

We got another few inches on top of Saturdays 1' dump.... gonna melt fast later this week, we are slated for 50's and low 60's over the weekend in to next week.

About the same here, my camera's are showing temps in the 30s and we have had snow sliding off the roof

Got somewhere around a foot of snow last night. Probably the most snow I've pushed with the SXS, but it did fine. Took about 2 hours to clear the driveway and around the barn. Made myself a path between the house and barn since I was already out there.

Main roads are good, but back roads are 2 tracks waiting to be plowed. Amazon was able to drop off some stuff. I am hoping Fedex/Summit makes it today.

10 degrees this morning, 19 degrees now but it’s a dry cold. We had freezing rain, sleet, snow, thundersnow. Predicting another round tomorrowish and then 60’s this weekend

roads are like a redhead driving a green saturn. You never know what it’s going to be like every few hundred feet

Roads are still shit around here. However, this morning I saw two backhoes and a road grader making progress on snow removal. A local guy made $900 to clear our helipad with his skid steer.

Haven't seen an actual snowplow yet, doubt the city even owns one :laughing:

Roads are still shit around here. However, this morning I saw two backhoes and a road grader making progress on snow removal. A local guy made $900 to clear our helipad with his skid steer.

Haven't seen an actual snowplow yet, doubt the city even owns one :laughing:
FELs are snowplows here

roads here are 1 lane and we have rain falling on frozen shit. We’ll lose power a lot of places tonight

3rd (?) week in a row you could set your watch to a Thursday 3"-6" snow event here in Maryland. I am right on the Mason Dixon line, which also seems to be the dividing line between "Here's your foot of snow" and "This cold rain really sucks". The last couple storms we've had started with snow, threw some freezing rain/ice in the middle, then snow on top. Plowing this layer cake of garbage sucks. At this point, all I'm doing is pushing the gravel off of my 1/4 mile long driveway so I think the house and the neighbors are just going to have to deal with it.

I still have to plow at both of my stores, and I'm running out of room to pile the shit at my PA location. Its supposed to get up into the 50's here next week, but I can't have Gertrude crashing into my gas pumps when she decides she needs to go out shopping on Friday.

We have had snow, ice pellets, sleet, freezing rain, rain that freezes upon contact, freezing drizzle and now freezing fog. Next meteorologists will say we have freezing sunshine

about 60% in central MS are without power. In jacktown , the water system is failing..... but the murdering has slowed down

Top Back Refresh