What's new
  • If you registered but have not received your email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please Contact Us and let us know your username.

How's my numbers?

ryanw10

Member Number
Overall, not bad. Cg seems a bit high, that will change the antis some. Also the body all three roll axis are oversteer or neutral. Not necessarily a bad thing, but can be a problem if an unaware drive gets behind the wheel.
Thank you for the input. Im able to bring my frame side lowers in and get both the rear roll slope, and the body roll axis to understeer, would this behave better to an unaware driver? I also did lower the center of gravity, kinda hard to tell but it will be a pretty tall Jeep.

JK link data 1.5.png
JK link data 2.5.png

mano002

Member Number
I noticed a big change in the roll oversteer numbers when I changed to the new version of the spreadsheet. I had scary roll oversteer, made some pretty invasive changes to lower the frame ends of the lower links, and it drives better, but the new spreadsheet doesn't really show that.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 11

Treefrog

Book Wheeler
Member Number
I noticed a big change in the roll oversteer numbers when I changed to the new version of the spreadsheet. I had scary roll oversteer, made some pretty invasive changes to lower the frame ends of the lower links, and it drives better, but the new spreadsheet doesn't really show that.

I'm not sure where to go from here.
Which version were you using? A few versions ago, I caught a mistake in the front roll center math that would affect the body roll slope.

It is possible that a little change in the value had a large effect, it is also possible that lowering the links affected other aspects as well.

mano002

Member Number
I started using 4.0, and updated to 6.1, and then to 7.6. The change I was talking about was between 6.1 to 7.6.

Treefrog

Book Wheeler
Member Number
I started using 4.0, and updated to 6.1, and then to 7.6. The change I was talking about was between 6.1 to 7.6.
Which roll slope changed? Body or front? The fix was implemented in 6.1, so all three versions should have the same output for the same inputs. I'll double check it with the 3 link setup this weekend. I did not spend much time checking the values for 3 link roll stuff.

mano002

Member Number
Which roll slope changed? Body or front? The fix was implemented in 6.1, so all three versions should have the same output for the same inputs. I'll double check it with the 3 link setup this weekend. I did not spend much time checking the values for 3 link roll stuff.
Looks like it was a data entry issue on my end. I had the frame end of the pan-hard bar below the axle end.

TSG

Member Number
First go at rear 4 link numbers. Truck is a trail rig, mostly rock crawling in the southeast. 1981 Toyota, dual transfer cases, leaf sprung (RUFs) in the front. I'm thinking I need to drop the frame side lowers down some to get them flatter. I've got plenty of room to move things around, especially the uppers.

4 Link_v1-1.JPG
4 Link_v1-2.JPG

62136164608__60147FA4-C988-40F8-9694-1D8446E37C9B.jpg

Treefrog

Book Wheeler
Member Number
First go at rear 4 link numbers. Truck is a trail rig, mostly rock crawling in the southeast. 1981 Toyota, dual transfer cases, leaf sprung (RUFs) in the front. I'm thinking I need to drop the frame side lowers down some to get them flatter. I've got plenty of room to move things around, especially the uppers.
You are probably right about needing to drop the frame side lowers. It may be beneficial to widen the upper axle and lower frame points. The total combined angle only needs to be about 40*, having less angle will help with keeping the axle pointing in the right direction when the suspension is articulated. As for the upper frames, you may want to move them up, closer to parallel with the lowers. It would keep you from having to drop the lowers some.

Reactions: TSG
IH Parts America - CPT Crawler Proven Technology

Register to get rid of these ads:

Register to get rid of this ad: