What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

mcdonalds hasn't had a dollar menu for a few months now
they got the $3.xx mcdouble and the 99 cent hamburger
small fries might be a dollar and soft drinks are still a dollar

I haven't had mcdonalds in a few months, and they used to be about a twice a week thing
the a&w a mile away has way better food for a similar price

I haven't had mcdonalds in a few months, and they used to be about a twice a week thing
Twice a week? Damn. That's really gotta wreck your rectum. More than it already has been

Twice a week? Damn. That's really gotta wreck your rectum. More than it already has been
nope
taco bell and chipotle don't do a thing either, never understood any of the jokes surrounding those two

I am probably pre-embalmed though from pickling in all the preservatives though.

nope
taco bell and chipotle don't do a thing either, never understood any of the jokes surrounding those two

I am probably pre-embalmed though from pickling in all the preservatives though.
Sounds like you got a good gut like myself….

But fuck man, being cheap is one thing, killing your self faster than need be is another…

Maybe lean into the bulk beans and rice more?

Nope....the mcdoubles that used to be on the dollar menu are now 2 for $3.50. A regular hamburger is now $1.39.

Today was a day of reckoning. Hemplers center cut natural bacon went from 8.49 to 11 bucks.

shit just got real.
They been saying for 6+ months that bacon was up. Never went up here til this week. They are nickle and diming their nieces and nephews to the high life.

But fuck man, being cheap is one thing, killing your self faster than need be is another…
I don't ever feel hungry
I just eat when I get shaky from hypoglycemia
generally I do the beans and rice thing, usually have a few containers of it in the fridge but that's oftentimes 90 mi away, so...

I must eat ten pounds of food a day. :laughing:

nope

its the preservatives. and the kangaroo meat.

lumber.jpg
fhgj.jpg
fdgh.jpg
:barf:

I don't ever feel hungry
I just eat when I get shaky from hypoglycemia
generally I do the beans and rice thing, usually have a few containers of it in the fridge but that's oftentimes 90 mi away, so...
If you only ate meat you'd get hungry even less and could stretch out the not eating further. :flipoff2:

^^^^I can't imagine building or doing a major remodel right now. Prices HAVE to be what, 25-30% up from 2020? ignoring the lumber 200-300%

I need a sheet of SS to finish a custom range hood project. I didnt order in 2021 before I needed it since SS should have gone down as covid panic went away. INSTEAD? Fucked
Holy shit has SS gone fucking nuts. I dont give a flying fuck about Ukraine, stop screwing up the russians with sanctions so the SS price can drop.

I need a sheet of SS to finish a custom range hood project. I didnt order in 2021 before I needed it since SS should have gone down as covid panic went away. INSTEAD? Fucked
Holy shit has SS gone fucking nuts. I dont give a flying fuck about Ukraine, stop screwing up the russians with sanctions so the SS price can drop.
the s/s i buy for commercial kitchen is near $500 for 4x9 sheet:eek:, used to be about $180 couple yrs ago

^^^^I can't imagine building or doing a major remodel right now. Prices HAVE to be what, 25-30% up from 2020? ignoring the lumber 200-300%
$260 for a roll of insulation, three 2x6x10s, and a sheet of ZipBoard.

If I've decided I'm not gonna build my garage until next year why shouldn't I throw the money I was gonna spend on block and concrete into I-bonds? There's zero chance I want to touch the money in the next year.

Inflation was 8% over the last year for February. It is that time of year for annual raises. Anything less than an 8% raise is a paycut. Yes, I am expecting a paycut.
3% last year, "massive" 4% proposed for next year :laughing: in for a few years of pay cuts, as it goes :rasta:

buut, staying in the same position always degrades, so it will be hopefully on to the next thing in a few years to offset all that.

Supertech brake cleaner at Walmart has gone from ~$2.xx/ can to almost $9. I about choked when I saw that.

What’s an “annual raise?”
It's something that desirable employees are given to try to retain them. The ones they're trying to convince to quit, well, they give them nothing. After all it's often way easier from the HR perspective if the bad employees just quit, rather than having to fire them.

Have you not got your annual raise? Oh, no? Well, this is awkward.

:flipoff2:

It's something that desirable employees are given to try to retain them. The ones they're trying to convince to quit, well, they give them nothing. After all it's often way easier from the HR perspective if the bad employees just quit, rather than having to fire them.

Have you not got your annual raise? Oh, no? Well, this is awkward.

:flipoff2:
it's when all the greedy oil companies and greedy self employed bums raise their prices every year and claim "everybody else is doing it" so that they can fleece the fixed incomes and the poors out of their last dime.

if those evil small business owners would just keep their prices flat, nobody else would have to raise prices! Nobody should deserve a raise.

if we could get everybody to have 1 kilo of rice every 3 days, we could feed the world. isn't that what jesus said? though shall not want? Follow jesus :flipoff2:

it's when all the greedy oil companies and greedy self employed bums raise their prices every year and claim "everybody else is doing it" so that they can fleece the fixed incomes and the poors out of their last dime.

if those evil small business owners would just keep their prices flat, nobody else would have to raise prices! Nobody should deserve a raise.

if we could get everybody to have 1 kilo of rice every 3 days, we could feed the world. isn't that what jesus said? though shall not want? Follow jesus :flipoff2:
I give everyone a raise annually simply because they've learned or improved. Also get to give more responsibility and less time to shop for other jobs:usa:

I think I'm doing it right

I think your 'Merican is showing. 1kg of rice is 2.2lbs, or about 3/4 of a pound per day. A good communist comrad can survive easily on only 150g of rice per day, or about 1 pound every 3 days. :lmao:

Top Back Refresh