What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

More of the same
img-131073203-0001_1.jpg

img-131073203-0001_2.jpg

I dont know what that means. We don't use that supplier much.

Heres a recent masonry price list from old castle.. I cant believe an 8x8x16 reg is $2 now. not long ago it was $1.30

Screenshot (99).png

My post office box was $70 last year, went up to $156 this year.
Probably partly inflation, partly too many people moving in.

My post office box was $70 last year, went up to $156 this year.
Probably partly inflation, partly too many people moving in.
Yawp. Mine jumped up like $70. This will be my last year with it. it may get to a point, I just have everything sent to my folk's place. I'm tired of fighting with them about the mailbox and now the prices on the po box.

So could there be a deflation any time soon? That'd be a good thing, right? For someone that holds few, if no loans. :confused:

But no, no there won't be deflation anytime soon.
Unless you own crypto
well, and deflation was pretty predictable from those from the start with how they get harder to mine over time
it'll level out at some point

I'm just curious if we'll ever see things like graphics cards and construction materials dip back down to where they were five years ago. Or if this is going to be their pricing for good.

I'm just curious if we'll ever see things like graphics cards and construction materials dip back down to where they were five years ago. Or if this is going to be their pricing for good.
I believe we are setting a water line, I think they may dip some but not planning on them halving .

So could there be a deflation any time soon? That'd be a good thing, right? For someone that holds few, if no loans. :confused:
I doubt it will happen, prices will somewhat stabilize but I don't see them dropping much if at all in the future. Deflation isn't a good thing anyway for anybody, it is after all what brought on the great depression.

I know you are thinking that there's gonna be a "crash" and you are gonna scoop up a couple of houses to rent out. Think about it like this, IF you have cash purchase price in full you will be able to buy them, need a bank loan to finance them and you will probably be out of luck as banks aren't really big on loaning money in a depression. So lets say you buy one for cash, who's gonna live there? Not a lot of people paid the rent during the depression.

This is assuming you remain employed, not a lot of people were employed during the depression either.

Nope deflation is not a good thing at all.

hrm.

man this just sucks all around. I'm trying to find a silver lining here. :laughing:

I doubt it will happen, prices will somewhat stabilize but I don't see them dropping much if at all in the future. Deflation isn't a good thing anyway for anybody, it is after all what brought on the great depression.

I know you are thinking that there's gonna be a "crash" and you are gonna scoop up a couple of houses to rent out. Think about it like this, IF you have cash purchase price in full you will be able to buy them, need a bank loan to finance them and you will probably be out of luck as banks aren't really big on loaning money in a depression. So lets say you buy one for cash, who's gonna live there? Not a lot of people paid the rent during the depression.

This is assuming you remain employed, not a lot of people were employed during the depression either.

Deflation isn't so bad, and most people were still employed and paid rent during the depression.

Government job = wages will eventually go up.
I'd make double elsewhere- but we've already hashed through that. but yea, they do creep up. what I'm facing now, is the new position that is available in my office is something like $1.50 less than what I'm making now after ~15 years.

🤦 read here on great depression: The Great Depression | Hans F. Sennholz.

Sounds oddly familiar?

Deflation is good for the consumer hence why it's bad for everyone and the banks and gov hate it. Your purchaseing power goes up, I don't see how that is a bad thing. I haven't seen anyone make a cohearant point why inflation is good that isn't leveraged up to their eyeballs or they own a corporation.

Really break down and sound out what you are saying with inflation, the value of our currency is dropping, meaning you need more of it to buy something. The object we put value in to exchange for goods is lessening.

I believe we are setting a water line, I think they may dip some but not planning on them halving .

Traded commodities like steel, copper, aluminum, etc. may/will come down eventually. Specific items like light fixtures, gear, windows, doors, etc most likely will not. Those manufacturers just used this as an opportunity to be even more profitable when their supply costs go down.

Yawp. Mine jumped up like $70. This will be my last year with it. it may get to a point, I just have everything sent to my folk's place. I'm tired of fighting with them about the mailbox and now the prices on the po box.
We don't have rural delivery, so not much choice but to have a box

We don't have rural delivery, so not much choice but to have a box
If they cannot deliver to the property, they're obligated to provide a box free of charge. They "deliver" to my address, but I fought with them tooth and nail about the actual box. too close to the road, too far away, too high, not behind the guardrail, not enough room to get the two door Jeep in yet my CCLB 3/4T fits just fine, etc. It was a battle for months. they just didn't want to deliver.

Went to Wally world on Saturday Am to get some brake parts cleaner, usually 3 bucks for the cheap brand. They had just stuck new price stickers on the individual "super tech" cans at $8.68 per can.

Went to Wally world on Saturday Am to get some brake parts cleaner, usually 3 bucks for the cheap brand. They had just stuck new price stickers on the individual "super tech" cans at $8.68 per can.
$4.77 here in CO, was around $2 about a month ago.
I noticed Mobil 1 15W-40 was $25/gal, I paid $13 in January.

Top Back Refresh