What's new

Homemade Attachments for Forklifts Skidsteers and Other Equipment

When we were burying wire and conduit for Comcast/Verizon our machine used the vibratory plow. Main blade had a chute for the wire to run through but we had puller blades also for conduit. Similar to the ripper, just had a bulge on the end inline with the attachment point for the conduit to open up the ground ahead of the conduit.

Either use the finger trap style or the thread in pullers. Thread in tended to be more reliable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-082334.png
    Screenshot_20230714-082334.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230714-082633.png
    Screenshot_20230714-082633.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 14
I offhaul 1-5 ton of leaves annually :cool:cool
So I got this lil 1200 to move and load em.
Leaf basket to bouble the capacity of the tiny bucket.
Unbolts for convenience.
20230722_111649.jpg
20230722_111640.jpg

I live in wine country, these guys would shave the earth bald to stem the disease:shaking: carrying bugs.:stirthepot:
Thus if I want to see foliage or shade...
NO:smokin:

I offhaul 1-5 ton of leaves annually :cool:cool
So I got this lil 1200 to move and load em.
Leaf basket to bouble the capacity of the tiny bucket.
Unbolts for convenience.
20230722_111649.jpg
20230722_111640.jpg
Have you tried a shredder/vac? I have a vac trailer that came with my property. Hook it up to the spare mower and I usually do two rounds in the fall. Mower mulches it up and then gets sucked in to the little trailer. I'd say it reduces that volume by a factor of 10 when they're shredded and compressed. As a bonus, they decompose faster and you get a good pile of compost in about 2 years.

I live in a Barndo and the primary living space is upstairs over a portion of the shop space. There is a deck on the North but downslope side and the stairs on the inside to get into the apartment are built narrow and the door is narrow so getting furniture in requires going up the deck stairs. The deck stairs suck, I have a bum leg from this M.S. shit, and the GF is a tiny lady. Well, she moved out of her place and we are moving her in and swapping around a few pieces of furniture from upstairs. We just needed to move a few awkward but not over 300 lb items so out of a few random sticks of material and drops I threw together this lazy gin-pole. I plan to truss the chord to get a little more capacity out of it at some point but it works for now being sensible. The top of the deck railing is 19 feet off of the ground at the lowest point and this did just great lifting up and over and then using the Pullzall to finesse the stuff down onto the deck without the boom touching the railing. With the chains as the tension chords I can adjust the angles just by moving the chain links.

20231016_161644.jpg

20231016_161420.jpg

IMG_20231017_213859_539.jpg

Last edited:
The chains are actually pretty brilliant. I tend to end up trussing things and putting a lot more time and effort into it than is worthwhile - or end up not doing anything because it's too much time or effort.

Anybody have guidance on a way to build a post hole auger bit? I need an 18" did one and have some decent metal working tools in my garage so worth the though. Bending the flights is the only real concern. May just bump bend them in the swag press.

Someone on the old board build flighting. See if you can dig up the thread.

Anybody have guidance on a way to build a post hole auger bit? I need an 18" did one and have some decent metal working tools in my garage so worth the though. Bending the flights is the only real concern. May just bump bend them in the swag press.
Take off your shoes and socks and get out the dirty stick welder. Don't need a shield or welding gloves, just squint.

Not sure what's indigenous about screw conveyors, guess they meant ingenious? :laughing:

This was version #1 of something in the past that we built.

In the end it was faster to have farwest cut em and give them a tweak. They were just a circle with a cut on one side. We always had to rebend them a bit
Resized_20180523_143234_132379686813311.jpeg

Too bad you aren't nearby. I have a bunch of bits.

This was version #1 of something in the past that we built.

In the end it was faster to have farwest cut em and give them a tweak. They were just a circle with a cut on one side. We always had to rebend them a bit
Resized_20180523_143234_132379686813311.jpeg
For when you want to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you won't high center on the driveshaft (or that if you get dragged in, it goes quickly).

Aaron Z

I've got a little Ford 1300. Converted the bucket to ssqa, and built a grapple, a set of forks, and modified a Meyers jeep snow plow to fit. Also added a 3 spool third function valve to put a set of remotes on the loader, and 2 sets behind the seat. One of those is for a hydraulic top link, the other is currently unused.

Attachments

• 20230916_111852.jpg
    20230916_111852.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • 20230825_165037.jpg
    20230825_165037.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20230527_094430.jpg
    20230527_094430.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 20221017_173807.jpg
    20221017_173807.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20221017_173801.jpg
    20221017_173801.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 35
The only reason I could see is if your cab glassed in and you dont wanna (or cant) run with the door open. A pin on a stick is much simpler and cheaper (which is what I use with my tractor when moving stuff around).

But it is clearly for ag trailers/equipment. I cant remember seeing a farm skidsteer that still had glass. :eek::lmao:

I have to say a skidster is probably the worst choice for moving stuff around simply due to the visual limitations. If you are backing up to pull the thing, you cant see behind you much at all to go anywhere. If you are pushing the trailer backward, you are right up next to it have to see around what you are pushing, which makes me wince just thinking of hitting my head on everything trying to get a look where I am going. But, if a skidsteer is all ya got, go get er done. :smokin:

The only reason I could see is if your cab glassed in and you dont wanna (or cant) run with the door open. A pin on a stick is much simpler and cheaper (which is what I use with my tractor when moving stuff around).

But it is clearly for ag trailers/equipment. I cant remember seeing a farm skidsteer that still had glass. :eek::lmao:

I have to say a skidster is probably the worst choice for moving stuff around simply due to the visual limitations. If you are backing up to pull the thing, you cant see behind you much at all to go anywhere. If you are pushing the trailer backward, you are right up next to it have to see around what you are pushing, which makes me wince just thinking of hitting my head on everything trying to get a look where I am going. But, if a skidsteer is all ya got, go get er done. :smokin:
Get used to it and can see pretty decent behind just by looking off to the side

I still dont get it. What is that ram actually doing? Pin up/down? Side to side? Its on a skid steer ffs.
Just moves that pin down through the hole. If you lined it up correct it's through the hitch of farm stuff and you can tow it around.
There's a video at the link.

Better execution of that would be a knuckle and replace that strut with a ram to fold it up...

Top Back Refresh