What's new

Homemade Attachments for Forklifts Skidsteers and Other Equipment

1703021256716.png

I could see it being handy for a one man operation. Pretty simple doodad though :smokin:

Just moves that pin down through the hole. If you lined it up correct it's through the hitch of farm stuff and you can tow it around.
There's a video at the link.
I dont fb so didnt see the vid. But, again, its on a skid steer. Other than "locking" onto the hitch, whats the point. As long as the pin is, just lift and go. Maybe put a bend near the top of the pin to keep it from popping off.
But hey, according to my wife, I over complicate shit all the time:lmao:

I dont fb so didnt see the vid. But, again, its on a skid steer. Other than "locking" onto the hitch, whats the point. As long as the pin is, just lift and go. Maybe put a bend near the top of the pin to keep it from popping off.
But hey, according to my wife, I over complicate shit all the time:lmao:
I don't facebook either, but I clicked the link and the video played.

It's not for ball coupler stuff, it's for the farmer double-shear pin hitches. They have no tongue weight, so just a straight pin would allow the hitch to pop off, especially pushing uphill, or through muck.

Great idea for a quick hitch.

Screenshot_20231218_180934.jpg
Screenshot_20231218_180922.jpg

I have to guess that this is for moving equipment around the yard, because it's definitely not going to survive a ton of abuse.

Reactions: Clb
Saw this for sale on FB this morning. I'm having mixed emotions right now. :confused:

1704034819123.png

1704034811370.png

That would be folded over in 32 seconds at my place.

Lots of time and a new skid mounting plate for a bad idea.
A piece of 3x3 3/8 angle or similar strength tube across the top would do wonders to keep the plate from bending.
Wouldn't do anything to strengthen the "forks" that are designed to have support at both ends though.

Aaron Z

A piece of 3x3 3/8 angle or similar strength tube across the top would do wonders to keep the plate from bending.
Wouldn't do anything to strengthen the "forks" that are designed to have support at both ends though.

Aaron Z
My guess is there gussets on the back, he seems to be a competent welder, I doubt he wouldn't have reinforced it, unless he never intended to lift more than a few hundred pounds, which is always possible.

My guess is there gussets on the back, he seems to be a competent welder, I doubt he wouldn't have reinforced it, unless he never intended to lift more than a few hundred pounds, which is always possible.
Probably not, it doesn't look like it has been painted and there is no burned paint like it was welded on back.

Aaron Z

I live in a Barndo and the primary living space is upstairs over a portion of the shop space. There is a deck on the North but downslope side and the stairs on the inside to get into the apartment are built narrow and the door is narrow so getting furniture in requires going up the deck stairs. The deck stairs suck, I have a bum leg from this M.S. shit, and the GF is a tiny lady. Well, she moved out of her place and we are moving her in and swapping around a few pieces of furniture from upstairs. We just needed to move a few awkward but not over 300 lb items so out of a few random sticks of material and drops I threw together this lazy gin-pole. I plan to truss the chord to get a little more capacity out of it at some point but it works for now being sensible. The top of the deck railing is 19 feet off of the ground at the lowest point and this did just great lifting up and over and then using the Pullzall to finesse the stuff down onto the deck without the boom touching the railing. With the chains as the tension chords I can adjust the angles just by moving the chain links.

20231016_161644.jpg
20231016_161420.jpg

IMG_20231017_213859_539.jpg

Decided to go ahead a make some improvements to my lifting bar yesterday morning before putting it back into service for the day. Had a slightly shorter piece of 1" sch. 40 pipe floating around. I originally was going to toss it in my tubing bender to create the arc but forgot right quick that my die is for 3/4" pipe and didn't realize this was 1" until I was like "why doesn't this fit in my bender?" So instead I set the Evo chop saw to like 7.5 degrees and made a cut in the center, then rolled one half of it over 180 degrees to get my 15 degree bend and TIG welded it back together. I then added in the strut right under the weld and made sure it grabbed both pieces of the tension chord too.

My 180 lb self, and my 340 lb buddy hung on the end of the thing and the Bobcat moved more than the pipe did so I am very pleased and confident in this setup for up to about 500 lbs now.

20240121_113641.jpg

I like the idea of bags a lot more than ibc cages
the cages are a pain to empty back out, imagine the bags wouldn't be
Cages aren't bad if you take one short side out (other than the top rail).
Something like this (cutting flush with the next tube, then pounding/grinding the tube flat):

1000087734.png

Aaron Z

Well that's brilliant!
The last 2-3 rows are a pain to get to if it's sitting on the ground, but if you leave them in the forks, you can just lift it up. If it's on the ground, tilting the cage towards the opening to dump them out also works.

I accidentally cut out the long side on one, that gives a larger opening, but it's difficult to stack that one right (not quite long enough to put 2 rows of wood stacked with the ends facing the opening, so you have "dead space" at the front corners of the cage).

Eventually, I don't think they'll be enough left of the metal "pallet" on mine to keep using it (they don't like it when the loader forks run into the metal corner brackets), but I think I will be able to replace the metal pallet with 4x4s run lengthwise (unless by some stroke of luck I stumble across someone getting rid of a bunch of plastic pallets for dirt cheap).

Aaron Z

Last edited:
The last 2-3 rows are a pain to get to if it's sitting on the ground, but if you leave them in the forks, you can just lift it up. If it's on the ground, tilting the cage towards the opening to dump them out also works.
Should be propped higher than your max reasonable snow fall higher than the ground regardless. Don't want the bottom firewood sitting in water as the snow melts.

But for other shit, yeah reaching 4ft back for shit would be kind of a PITA.

Top Back Refresh