What's new

Homemade Attachments for Forklifts Skidsteers and Other Equipment

Threw together a pallet fork slide on thing to move trailers around. I made the riser for the goosenecks so that I could keep the boom frame low and be able to get my crippled ass in and out of the machine still to move wheel chocks, jack blocks, etc. The clamp is on there after some tests as the trailer would occasionally try and lift the fork frame up. When I made it, I thought there might be a need for some diagonal bracing so there is a spot in the top to hook chains and I have chain hooks on the pallet frame too. Seems that the big 5800 lb EW gooseneck is the only one that really acts silly. I am gonna find two drops of chain to put on it and it should work just fine for everything that comes and goes around here. Aside from the tabs, most of this was from random drops of channel and angle.

20230417_162151.jpg

Uses a double sided ball so I can use it on the front for bumper pull trailers with both 2" and 2-5/16" and the 2-5/16" works with the goosenecks.

20230417_162156.jpg
So much potential for little attachments with those bale spear sockets.

Nice job.

Looking at that, I think I might have beefed up the top horizontal piece on the forklift attachment and added a ball there for the gooseneck. It would still be nice and high so you could maneuver with the boom low.

Being closer to the machine it would probably handle better, and being much, much more rigid than what you have would also make it handle better.

Running out of testicles to pop out when dead lifting the cab on this Bobcat.

The fork mounted winch came in handy on the yellow one.

P5032445.JPG
P5032453.JPG

Found a great spot on the quick attach to add a 2 inch receiver. There's enough room to keep the ball hitch there all the time. I can also put the hitch right into the dirt to pick up trailers that aren't on jacks or tongue blocks.

P5042466.JPG

P5042467.JPG
P5042471.JPG
P5042472.JPG
P5042473.JPG

Doesn't interfere with attachments either. This pic shows the bucket hitched up.

P5042478.JPG

Added two teeth to the bucket to pop out trees and bushes (machine can penetrate much stronger with just a couple pointy bits instead of the whole wide bucket).

I had fuckin fun making those holes. I used bolt ons so they can be removed for snow plow duty. I don't have acetylene, and my plasma isn't big enough for 1 inch of steel. My bridge reamer was NOT happy.

P5042464.JPG

P5042465.JPG

Doesn't interfere with attachments either. This pic shows the bucket hitched up.

P5042478.JPG

Added two teeth to the bucket to pop out trees and bushes (machine can penetrate much stronger with just a couple pointy bits instead of the whole wide bucket).

I had fuckin fun making those holes. I used bolt ons so they can be removed for snow plow duty. I don't have acetylene, and my plasma isn't big enough for 1 inch of steel. My bridge reamer was NOT happy.

P5042464.JPG

P5042465.JPG
that had to be fun..... :lmao::lmao::beer::grinpimp:

Can't I gouge and burn holes with a stick welder?

What do I need to buy? carbon rod?
Search "stick cut rod" more primitive than carbon arc but also doesn't require an air compressor.

I used some called metal mover years ago and they worked well.

Next time drill a small hole and use the plasma. I have some shitty $400 one off amazon and while it won't punch a hole an inch thick gouging it will from a side cut. Just gotta go real slow. Once you have a hole you are home free.

I just learned the hard way on drilling that AR 500 shit in my attempt to be one of the cool kids in this thread. I smoked the first cutter in about 15 seconds. It was a brand new Milwaukee. Went through a carbide Fein cutter next and had to buy a second. Those holes cost me a shit load of money but at least it's done and I should be ready for SSQA tomorrow.
20230412_154711.jpg
20230503_104144.jpg

I just learned the hard way on drilling that AR 500 shit in my attempt to be one of the cool kids in this thread. I smoked the first cutter in about 15 seconds. It was a brand new Milwaukee. Went through a carbide Fein cutter next and had to buy a second. Those holes cost me a shit load of money but at least it's done and I should be ready for SSQA tomorrow.
20230412_154711.jpg
20230503_104144.jpg
Whatcha building anyway?

So, I never stop thinking in my head...roof mounted skidding winch.

Other day I was mucking out a retaining wall along an elevated sidewalk. Really tight spot where I couldn't turn much because of the narrowness of the elevated sidewalk, and stair handrails and stuff. Had to back up 100 feet down the sidewalk to get to the street, very tight.

Had to handbomb some biggish concrete pieces into the bucket and that's when the thinking started.

I use my forklift mast mounted winch lots to drag shit onto pallets or onto the forks, or just general winch stuff when I'm working alone. It would be great to have that same winch when I have the bucket mounted. Obviously bucket mount would wreck the winch, so why not roof mounted?

Could make the winch mount right in the center of the roof, on a pivot so it could turn to any direction needed. Could also add a second fairlead at the edge of the roof, or even those wrecker style swiveling pulley blocks like at the tip of the wrecker boom.

I don't like that it would make the roof clearance higher.

Someone getting stuff done with what they have on hand.

I like how having the winch at the top puts less stress on the vertical wooden crane, vs having the winch at the bottom.

30k winch box we built for our Kubota skid steer for off road recoveries.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpeg
    IMG_2854.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
Whatcha building anyway?
As much as I would love to have a skid steer, my unemployed ass will never be able to afford one unless a 1k basket case pops up locally. My tractor had a shitty 40" bucket on it that wasn't good for much of anything. So I bought some of those universal SSQA plates and adapted it to my old tractor.
Like others have said, if I were to do it again then I would just buy the pin kits and make my plates from scratch. Making them wider from the get-go would give me room to use a better cross-bar design.

My tractor had a single upper cylinder that I wanted to replace in the future but get by with for now. After mounting my SSQA forks on and picking up my SSQA bucket I could see my cross-bar bending the edge of the SSQA plates from using a single center lift point. So I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of cylinders. Thankfully I planned for that ahead of time when making the adapters and is part of the reason for having so many different holes for the pins.

Then I made mounts for the cylinders and booger welded them to the loader arms. It isn't pretty and the Massey red paint at Tractor Supply must be for the newer tractors, it's a poor match to my old POS. But fuggit, it seems to be working alright so far. I plan on repurposing the single cylinder later to make my own grapple with.

Attachments

• SSQA1.png
    SSQA1.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 26
  • SSQA2.png
    SSQA2.png
    434.4 KB · Views: 26
  • SSQA3.png
    SSQA3.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 24
  • SSQA4.png
    SSQA4.png
    346 KB · Views: 25
  • UM1.png
    UM1.png
    382.6 KB · Views: 29
  • UM2.png
    UM2.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 28
  • UM3.png
    UM3.png
    536.9 KB · Views: 29
  • UM4.png
    UM4.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 29
  • UM5.png
    UM5.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 30
Related thread I started about roof mounted winch, for anyone that doesn't go in gneral4x4:

Got a winch picked up for the bobcat, it's a Canadian Tire winch, looks real pretty. Was on sale $400 CDN with syn rope. I've got a 5000 lbs Warn Utility winch that'll get syn rope and go on the New Holland.

The bobcat has a nice spot on the boom where the cylinder mounts. I think it's a good spot, although I'm still thinking about roof mount because then I could have a cool powered cab tilt if I run the rope backwards to the rear tie point.

I'm not intending this winch to be used with someone in the cab, as they'll obviously eat shit if the rope breaks, but I might see about finding a race car window netting for protection.

P5302507.JPG
P5302508.JPG

The New Holland has a more complicated boom, and I could put the winch on this rear crossmember, then just route the rope up over the cab with some guides. I'll also be able to pull rearwards if I ever wanted to.

The front does have a crossmember, but it's pretty low. If I put the winch there I'd have to put a puller or fairlead on the top of my bucket snow fence.

P5302514.JPG
P5302518.JPG

Been using the mini-ex thumb to break some branches off of trees, pull vines, etc.

Started thinking that a bolt on attachment to the thumb that creates a shear action against the bucket side might be a great idea to make trimming trees, etc easier.

Search on interwebs for something hasn’t turned up anything commercial yet, though my googleFu May suck.

This only needs to cut 3” max branches, so a forestry attachment is off the table.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Been using the mini-ex thumb to break some branches off of trees, pull vines, etc.

Started thinking that a bolt on attachment to the thumb that creates a shear action against the bucket side might be a great idea to make trimming trees, etc easier.

Search on interwebs for something hasn’t turned up anything commercial yet, though my googleFu May suck.

This only needs to cut 3” max branches, so a forestry attachment is off the table.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Do you care about these trees? (like on your property vs on a bush road to a camp)

These things are available to buy (the sharpened plates). You might be able to attach one or more sets on your machine and not need to bother with hydraulics.

Do you care about these trees? (like on your property vs on a bush road to a camp)

These things are available to buy (the sharpened plates). You might be able to attach one or more sets on your machine and not need to bother with hydraulics.

I do care about the trees. Mostly taking branches off that over hang the driveway and are hitting vehicles. Figure making something that bolts onto the thumb and shears past the bucket side may work. I have an old, non repairable sickle mower that I could steal some teeth from, or I could shape a piece of steel into a paper-shear style solution .

The idea of that trailer is cool, but I’m on ravines, so it won’t work at all.

Top Back Refresh