What's new

Homemade Attachments for Forklifts Skidsteers and Other Equipment

If you want to get real crazy with names: Wheeled dozer.

Attachments

• 12154024070_W_S.jpg
    12154024070_W_S.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 28
The nose wheel on my ghetto-fab bush hog converted to Skid steer mower got all bent up trying to mow a ditch line for a neighbor that I really knew better than to have gone down into. Snagged a hidden stump at the same time as performing an "oh shit, don't get stuck or flip this bitch" maneuver.

Had these bearings around already so figured why not be a little creative.

VideoCapture_20221107-085157.jpg

20221024_190240.jpg

VideoCapture_20221107-085223.jpg

The nose wheel on my ghetto-fab bush hog converted to Skid steer mower got all bent up trying to mow a ditch line for a neighbor that I really knew better than to have gone down into. Snagged a hidden stump at the same time as performing an "oh shit, don't get stuck or flip this bitch" maneuver.

Had these bearings around already so figured why not be a little creative.

VideoCapture_20221107-085157.jpg

20221024_190240.jpg

VideoCapture_20221107-085223.jpg
Interesting tire. Havent seen one like that before. Does it flex between the strips?

But yes, needs more triangulation:flipoff2:

Probably the most common tire on any bush hog :confused:
Cut proof, pretty much bullet proof until you knock the bearings out
Too bad it couldn't be used as a forklift steer tire. I don't see that lasting if it actually had to do the turning, instead of just going wherever it's shoved. That applications sees almost zero scrub.

(I still need two forklift steers...)

I thought I posted this stuff here, but I found it at the old site....

Jacking and cribbing skid steers is a huge bitch. They're so short that they tilt heavily with a short amount of lift, causing the jack to want to slide out.

Do yourself a favor and build yourself some car ramps. These ones I built are from 2x12 LVL beam. They're 12 inches tall and 12 inches wide. Back onto the ramps, and then lift the front off with the bucket and put cribbing under the wheels. I tried gluing them only at first so there would be no metal to hit with the chainsaw, but with all the wax/glue these things have it didn't work. I ended up through drilling and countersinking and using threaded rod to bolt them together.

Even if you're needing to remove the wheels, it's much easier to start with the thing at working height if you need to crib to the frame.

IMG_20191201_142249.jpg
IMG_20191201_142310.jpg
IMG_20191201_143140.jpg
IMG_20191201_143210.jpg
IMG_20191201_143249.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great for use on paved surfaces, scrapyard and stuff like that, nothing a loader can't do but they tend to be cheaper for a given size.

Loader doesn't have blade tilt

Even better-er - the high speed dozer:

I think the idea is to be able to run around a larger area and spread out piles of dumped material. Neither will really push stuff like a real dozer, especially the wheeled one.

They're obviously pretty niche, hence why you never see them anywhere. A loader is much more useful and can basically do the same job, but also a lot of other things.

A buddy just picked up a Bobcat 853 with bucket and forks. He will be using it in the bush fixing camp road and general cottage work.

I think I'm going to talk him into letting me add a thumb to his forks for logging duty. For logging and grabbing stuff I think the forks would work better than adding a thumb to the bucket. I don't want to chop the sides of the bucket off like 'ol Zip Ties did.

A buddy just picked up a Bobcat 853 with bucket and forks. He will be using it in the bush fixing camp road and general cottage work.

I think I'm going to talk him into letting me add a thumb to his forks for logging duty. For logging and grabbing stuff I think the forks would work better than adding a thumb to the bucket. I don't want to chop the sides of the bucket off like 'ol Zip Ties did.

Like... Turn the forks into a ghetto grapple?

I wouldn't do anything to forks, ever, because the load rating for using them as forks would be compromised. And forks are the most useful thing to have.

Why not just buy a cheap grapple?

I wouldn't do anything to forks, ever, because the load rating for using them as forks would be compromised. And forks are the most useful thing to have.

No permanent changes to the fork tines. I'll just add a thumb that can squish logs and brush onto the forks. I'll probably make better clips to keep the forks from moving side to side though. (again, no permanent mods to the forks).

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Agreed. Leave forks alone, buy a grapple.

I got mine from ExpressSteel and am very happy with it. I know prices are up - I paid $1350 delivered for mine

Agreed. Leave forks alone, buy a grapple.

I got mine from ExpressSteel and am very happy with it. I know prices are up - I paid $1350 delivered for mine

Uhh....pretty common. You can buy them from all the major implement dealers
1668379307528.png

1668379373400.png

Or even add-a-grapple that clamps to existing forks.
1668379796455.png

The middle one woul be badass for forklift scrapyard shenanigans. Imagine trying to rip shit apart sheetmetal with all the pull of a 30k forlift on concrete. :laughing:

Uhh....pretty common. You can buy them from all the major implement dealers
1668379307528.png

1668379373400.png

1668379796455.png

Seems like they would make the forked way less functional. Ive never wanted shorter forks, personally

Okay, cool. That makes forks into a shitty grapple.

I'm all for booty fab when it's a good idea. Messing with rated lifting equipment is not a good idea. But go for it.

Also, the super crappy non hydraulic style. Reminds me of that box thing from a Saw movie that you stick you hand into.

image-2952846843.jpg

if you're fine with turning a bunch of dirt while doing it, just jam your forks into the root ball set real narrow

pick it up from a few angles and you'll get it

Top Back Refresh