So I picked up a small front end loader to help around the house/shop and to build me a new garage when the time comes (5+yr, don't hold your breath).
First we had to drag it out of the mud from the seller's back yard which involved a lot of screwing around with steel plates since we only had a 2wd solid tired fork lift to work with.
To get it on the trailer we used the fork lift to pick the trailer up until the tail was on the ground, then we stuck some cribbing under the front and chocked it. Then between the forklift pushing and a come-along we got it onto the trailer with relatively little drama.
Then we wasted an hour waiting for my helper to get a compressor. The trailer came with like 5psi in the left rear which wasn't gonna work. The truck absolutely sucked. It hunted gears the whole time and always wanted to be in too high a gear despite being in tow/haul mode. We hit the scale on the way home. It was 14k and change. Trailer tracked straight as an arrow on the highway.
Once we got it home we unloaded it the same way. I chocked the trailer and stuck a bottle jack under the tongue (still attached to the truck) until the tail hit the ground. We had to use a little wood cribbing to prevent from crushing the gate since there was no mud and leaves to sink into on my street. We rolled it down using the come-along with an extra strap for safety and some rubber chocks in front of it. And yes, the dents in the tailgate and bed rails were there before we got it. I'm not stupid enough to try and tie down to the rails anyway.
And that's where it sat Saturday night. Sunday afternoon I rolled the brown Subaru out of the garage and rolled this into it's place. In a perfect world I'd have it running in time for snow this winter but since I live in reality I'll be lucky if I'm moving snow next winter with it.