What's new

Ghetto fab / Hack fab

Looks like they used a drywall texture gun on it!

(It's funny that it looks like such shit on a car, but do it all over your livingroom, and everyone loves it!)

Fuck you. I'm starting level 5 on the new house as soon as I can. BTW, looking for someone who has wet sanding experience for side work.

Last edited:
The sofet vents are a nice touch
Pilot.png

Hard to believe someone would put that much work and money in to something and sell it. (Unless they were getting big money) One thing he mentions is its legal to drive. I recall in PA, they had a law you couldn't have sharp bumpers. Not sure if they ever enforce it. I had an old Scout with I-beam bumpers and had a cop harass me. But he didn't give me a ticket.

I want to know how the front, front bumper:laughing: and winch are held on. By the way the front end is sagging im guessing its a heavy bitch

What's bad about it. (Except the location maybe)

I just need to come up with better straps. The only toggle latches I could find are the ones on amazon and they are chintzy. I welded the tip of the bolt so it can’t be in screwed all the way. It came out decent maybe I’ll come up with less ghetto straps and can post this in a different thread haha

Location doesn’t matter, I used e track so I can remove the tool box and the bed of my truck will still be flat.

This was on the Sidekick FB group today.

I am sure that he will not believe those of us who said that was not safe and would fold right over in any rollover.

sidekick hack.jpg

I needed to cut some body mounts out of some 3" solid aluminum stock. I wanted them to be somewhat "even" so portaband is out. Enter the 2x4 jig and a Long wood demo blade with the sawzall. How ghetto can it be if it worked? :flipoff2:

20201124_211000.jpg

I needed to cut some body mounts out of some 3" solid aluminum stock. I wanted them to be somewhat "even" so portaband is out. Enter the 2x4 jig and a Long wood demo blade with the sawzall. How ghetto can it be if it worked? :flipoff2:

If you score the outer edge 1/8-1/4 all the way around with the porta band and then cut all the way through from 1 side the blade does a pretty good job following the grooves and you will get a decent cut.

Last edited:

My buddies mom used to have to do something similar to the goats. Dumb asses would stick their heads through the fence and get their horns hooked.

I didn't know I needed a toolpost mount for my sawzall until I saw this pictures. :laughing:

This was on the Sidekick FB group today.

I am sure that he will not believe those of us who said that was not safe and would fold right over in any rollover.

That just screams fun! Unless I can't see in the pic.. whats wrong with it other than being fugly

That just screams fun! Unless I can't see in the pic.. whats wrong with it other than being fugly

The cage is mounted to the body not the frame.

In a roll over that cage is either going to come off or fold over.

That is the hack.

I have seen a few sidekicks turned into SxS's, but with way better cages.

The cage is mounted to the body not the frame.

In a roll over that cage is either going to come off or fold over.

That is the hack.

I have seen a few sidekicks turned into SxS's, but with way better cages.

Meh.. jeeps, sami's, broncos, blazers, ram chargers, cobras, Mercedes, all mounted to body..

Meh.. jeeps, sami's, broncos, blazers, ram chargers, cobras, Mercedes, all mounted to body..

I could be wrong, far from a cage expert.

I own the same truck, he has bolted the cage to the remainder of the floorboard after cutting out all the supporting curves (doors, B-piller, ect)

there is no strength left in that area.

Look at the mounting areas, there is nothing there. You can see it clearly at the back, it is just bolted to the thin ass metal that used to be the wheel well.

I think it is dangerous and hack as fuck.

Now I would drivethe shit out of that around the farm, but any real off roading where a roll over is possible, no fucking way.
track sxs.jpg

Top Back Refresh