What's new

Ghetto fab / Hack fab

They’re $150

Nothing included but the welder itself. A 2 lb spool is $20. So for $200 he could flux core weld his exhaust.

But he doesn't know how to weld.

So for $200 he could learn how to weld by trying to weld his exhaust and get frustrated with all the leaks he ends up with only to spend another $70 on clamps and 16" long sections of tubing from auto zone.:laughing:

But he doesn't know how to weld.

So for $200 he could learn how to weld by trying to weld his exhaust and get frustrated with all the leaks he ends up with only to spend another $70 on clamps and 16" long sections of tubing from auto zone.:laughing:
He would have some ghetto welds belonging in the Shitty Welds thread.

Reactions: Dan
They’re $150

Nothing included but the welder itself. A 2 lb spool is $20. So for $200 he could flux core weld his exhaust.
and when theyre on sale they are $99 like i said :flipoff2:

Screenshot 2022-03-15 213933.png

you do realize were just bullshitting right?

i own a lincoln 180 mig and a miller multimatic 215 so no i havent used that machine :flipoff2:

Haha yeah I know I was curious how a $99 machine welded.

I had one years ago. Flat broke in my 20s, just bought a house etc so you gotta do what you gotta do. Honestly, i thought it welded ok considering it only has 4 voltage settings. Good enough to weld up some simple rock sliders etc, but no good for sheet metal. Duty cycle sucks for big projects but what do you want for a hundred bucks? These days I have a better machine, but this one served it's purpose.

Haha yeah I know I was curious how a $99 machine welded.
Poorly.

They somehow manage to be really hard to not blow holes in stuff doing fine work and not powerful enough to lay a good enough bead for heavier stuff.

Exhaust tubing on the low end and 1/8" on the high end are about all they're good for and that's after you drop $50 on a rectifier and capacitors to convert it to DC.

That said, still a hell of a lot better than no welder. You can do good work with them but they are not machines for a novice. They are machines for people who know how to weld but live in an apartment and don't wanna drop coin on a "nice" 120v welder because they're not planning on enduring that situation for very long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
I just found my old Lincoln equivalent that I bought to do exhaust with a bunch of years ago.
IMG_20220315_221558778_HDR.jpg

It even has helpful information for the first timer.:laughing:
IMG_20220315_222031218_HDR.jpg

I wonder if it has been tested

The round with the missing primer guts would indicate it's been fired.....................................and probably shot a fireball and primer guts to the rear. The other round looks like the primer is all beat up, which would say they tried to fire it. Though if it did go off, I can't see it not spitting the guts out too.

Funny that they added something to act as a safety.

I give them an A for out of the box thinking and effort. I give them an F for being methed up and the fact that they could have bought a real gun off the street for $20.

I want to see the mug shot. Definitely a white guy, probably missing an eye and powder burns around said missing eye.:lmao:

Isn't there a Facebook page or something dedicated to this sort of thing? Prison weapons or something.

I’m saying this for a friend, I know someone that made a gun in shop class in high school. It worked and looked much better than that, but it was only single shot.

Isn't there a Facebook page or something dedicated to this sort of thing? Prison weapons or something.

A relative of mine is a prison guard. He said the most impressive things made in prison are tattoo machines.

Top Back Refresh