What's new

G3

I had some of what it takes to re-build an Uzi, and realized I had neither the time nor skills to do it right. But yeah.
UZIs are stupid easy compared to these. You should give it a try sometime. There’s not much to mess up, and they’re pretty fun once complete.

Always like those. How much does a build like that run?
HKparts has PTR91 parts kits right now for 1199, which comes with everything you need, so that’s a rough ballpark.

CETME kits are significantly cheaper.

Just figured out that one of my cetme parts kits came with a ground bolt head, straight from either centerfire or apex or sarco, I forget who I bought it from

it isn't like it is bench grindered either, the machining marks on the back face of the bolt head actually look like they're from a metal shaper, they're too uniform to have been from a surface grinder...

Were "ground bolts" an actual spanish thing?
It is indeed .015" shorter in length than the other 2 bolt heads I've held it against.
.015 sounds about the difference between the CETME and the HK bolt head length, with the CETME being the shorter of the two.

.015 sounds about the difference between the CETME and the HK bolt head length, with the CETME being the shorter of the two.
all three have the "thick" channel for the cetme style locking wedge though, and the short one lacks the chamfer at the back, as though it has been machined

really wierd shit
maybe I should take some pics and post them over on weaponsguild or something

Done. Parts are a mix of parkerized and park+duracoat with HK Semigloss Black.
961536D9-256E-499A-A926-CC871E2DF1B5.jpeg
96D32DAC-49B5-4882-A6E9-D2DF79C5C34A.jpeg
B381076B-D10B-45C6-BC84-A951F7B30984.jpeg
A79DBE7A-D849-42E1-A5CF-1D3C88C62443.jpeg
A6623BA0-83B3-442C-9D85-EE4ED51922FD.jpeg
0C43EBF8-D9F9-48F5-8E84-519F4E734724.jpeg

And here i thoughg it was a thread on a 648G3. Lots of ass time in one. 648D too.

nice, they are pig slaying machines.
I have yet to take one with any of my roller-lock guns. I built a pair of cetmes for me and a buddy for cetme-only pig weekends this year, so maybe I'll get a chance here soon.

Shot so many with my FAL that I got bored with it and put it in the back of the safe. Same with my 6.5G AR.

Picked up an FMP G3 from Apex. Kit is a numbers-matching (which is pretty meaningless in this case) kit in pretty great condition. Appears to have been carried a lot, but fired very little, if at all.

Apex says they do not include barrel pins, but this kit did in fact include one. Barrel and receiver of course are gone.

Some bolt carriers are marked HK, but some are marked FMP. Mine is of course marked FMP.

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

Put in a little time on it. Receiver is tacked and waiting for parts. Used the flashing trick to get the receiver formed around the bolt to get it to drop through freely. That worked great. Weldments are ordered, and I’m still deciding on a barrel, but will be a standard length rifle. I have an apparently heavily-coveted green wide handguard that I plan to use with this.

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7079.jpeg

Used the flashing trick to get the receiver formed around the bolt to get it to drop through freely. That worked great.
I've had good luck just beating on the top of the rec
carrier's got a flat up there, so you beat on the top selectively where it is tightest and it spreads the sides out

ETA: huh, g3 carrier doesn't have a flat up there, cetme ones do
how bout that

Top Back Refresh