What's new

Full manual superduty (im really scared of computers)šŸ˜‚

Right haha itā€™s gotta hold me over until i find a gooseneck enclosed trailer, but being as its only ever just me the woman and the dogs should be just fine gonna build a little bunk with storage underneath

Might want to mock it up first. I've done the mattress in the back of a truck with a shell a few times, and it pretty sweet for very little effort.

When we've slept in the 4runner though, the lack of head room when sitting upright sucks.

Not saying you don't have enough, just saying you might want to throw the mattress in and sit on it to see how much space you have when setting on the mattress. I want to saw a queen will fit between the fenders, but it might be a twin.

Might want to mock it up first. I've done the mattress in the back of a truck with a shell a few times, and it pretty sweet for very little effort.

When we've slept in the 4runner though, the lack of head room when sitting upright sucks.

Not saying you don't have enough, just saying you might want to throw the mattress in and sit on it to see how much space you have when setting on the mattress. I want to saw a queen will fit between the fenders, but it might be a twin.
A queen will NOT fit in between the fender wells. A full kind of will but needs to be elevated a bit. I had my old truck rigged up for sleeping in the camper shell on a mattress (because my back is exploded) I use a cheap Walmart Full mattress frame, and take the feet or wheels or whatever off. Then it will hold a full mattress just right in between the sloping crown of the inner fender wells. I got a ā€œfullā€ pillow top Serta (brand new in the plastic) from goodwill that I use everywhere. In my enclosed trailer, bed of the truck. I wish a queen would fit but alas they do not.

A queen will NOT fit in between the fender wells. A full kind of will but needs to be elevated a bit. I had my old truck rigged up for sleeping in the camper shell on a mattress (because my back is exploded) I use a cheap Walmart Full mattress frame, and take the feet or wheels or whatever off. Then it will hold a full mattress just right in between the sloping crown of the inner fender wells. I got a ā€œfullā€ pillow top Serta (brand new in the plastic) from goodwill that I use everywhere. In my enclosed trailer, bed of the truck. I wish a queen would fit but alas they do not.

Gotcha, no idea why I was thinking queen. It was Definitely a twin.

When we shopped for the F150, I had no desire to search out the rare crew cab 6.5' bed since I knew it was going to be a mommy wagon and I wasn't getting rid of my 8' bed F350.

After trying to sleep inside of it with an air mattress, I kinda wish I had gotten the longer bed because 5.5' is not long enough :laughing:

When we shopped for the F150, I had no desire to search out the rare crew cab 6.5' bed since I knew it was going to be a mommy wagon and I wasn't getting rid of my 8' bed F350.

After trying to sleep inside of it with an air mattress, I kinda wish I had gotten the longer bed because 5.5' is not long enough :laughing:
I have that problem. 6ā€™-3ā€, I donā€™t even fit on a standard queen or in a shortbed truck either one. But if I sleep by myself on a full corner to corner I sleep pretty good. Get a bed hog woman in there with me and I have to curl up like a ?

Ordered up the slimmer jb fab shifter today vs the bulky factory unit because it slightly touches the dash in 5th. Plus jb fab makes some of the best shifters, i have their twin sticks on my 300 and 205.
IMG_3604.png

I used a queen air mattress between the wheel wells on my 05 F250. Inflated then put it in, so not like I inflated it around the wheel wells.

My plan is to build a 2x12 frame on with a hinged lid so i can move the sleeping pad and have storage underneath for storage like these pics of my old f150 i used for years
IMG_3605.png
IMG_3606.png
but this time itll have a second insert i can fold out if i have the woman with me.

Is that shifter boot insulated like the factory? If not it will let in a bunch of noise

Is that shifter boot insulated like the factory? If not it will let in a bunch of noise
Zf5 roll over is annoying af once you get rid of the factory dual mass flywheel anyways. But no itā€™s not just like the factory rubber boot itā€™s just rubber. The shift tower seal and foam collar are what provide noise damping not the boot itself.

Yes the foam is kind of bonded to boot assembly when new.

I had towel wrapped around shifter to reduce noise before

IMG_1786.jpeg

Cool, nice build and way to recycle a 6.4 truck. How did you work around the CANBUS? I see that as the biggest problem when doing these swaps with newer vehicles.

Cool, nice build and way to recycle a 6.4 truck. How did you work around the CANBUS? I see that as the biggest problem when doing these swaps with newer vehicles.
There are a couple wires you have to wire together that feed to the factory glow plug module. Theyre white/blue trace and blue/white trace. You connect the two pairs and itll read everything via the factory ecm

Top Back Refresh