What's new

Fort Worth, TX to Greenwood, CA (Northern CA), In A Motorhome

So you're burning up the airline miles/cash for them to come on a horrible not for pleasure journey in this RV. Got it. Hope ya have a bit of fun along the way. Me? I'd buy a single seat ticket to DFW, then burn the miles coming home solo.
My wife has been in TX taking care of our son after his sudden emergency surgery. He's healing now, but can't fly or sit in a car for long periods, so this is about the best way we can think of to get him back to CA while he needs assistance to recover. Flights are covered with CC points, have plenty of PTO to use up, RV rental is almost free ($9/day, mileage included) except for gas.

Gas is significantly cheaper in Texas too.
/joew/ and Texas is so big you'll be here for 3/4 of your trip /endjoew/

Seriously though, saw hints of what was going on in other threads. Good luck and have a safe trip.

We did SF to San Antonio a few years ago on vacation in 5 or 6 days. You will drive past so much cool stuff you wish you could have stopped to see you will be planning a real vacation after you get back.

Can you mount a 100 gallon transfer tank on there just so you dont have to buy fuel in CA?

Gas is $3ish/gal from Dfw to Amarillo, not sure in NM as I haven't been over there in a month.

When are y'all rollin out of DFW?
I flew in yesterday but my flight was delayed long enough that I couldn’t make it to the RV rental place before they closed. I’m in Allen now, will pick up the RV in McKinney this morning when they open, then head to Weatherford to pick up the family and head out.

I flew in yesterday but my flight was delayed long enough that I couldn’t make it to the RV rental place before they closed. I’m in Allen now, will pick up the RV in McKinney this morning when they open, then head to Weatherford to pick up the family and head out.
your in my neighbor hood, I live about 3 miles north of lake Weatherford. check out Gibson's for mags.

Yesterday’s insane winds had DFW limited to what runways it could use. Delayed a ton of flights in and out.

You’re right up the road from me. Like maybe 15 minutes up the road. Stop by literally any gun store and get you some 30 round mags and fondle some fulle-evil-featured AR15s. :laughing: The Cabelas in Allen is pretty nice.

Yesterday’s insane winds had DFW limited to what runways it could use. Delayed a ton of flights in and out.

You’re right up the road from me. Like maybe 15 minutes up the road. Stop by literally any gun store and get you some 30 round mags and fondle some fulle-evil-featured AR15s. :laughing: The Cabelas in Allen is pretty nice.
I've never flown into DFW before, but with the winds and the stupid 45 minute zig zag approach, I nearly got sick. It was rough!

I've got all 30 round mags I could want, and have a California "Large Capacity Magazine" permit....and a SOT.

Wind is still shit. If you're going to Weatherford, then you should run 20 out past Sweetwater and take 84 up.

The wind if on the nose is going to bring the suck for mileage.
Maybe wait another day?

Gas is $3ish/gal from Dfw to Amarillo, not sure in NM as I haven't been over there in a month.
Just drove Fort Worth to steamboat Colorado and back. Got more expensive the more north you get. Mid 3.xx a gallon.

I also refuse to spend money in New Mexico if I can help it. The BS hwy 87 safety corridor and every wide spot slowing to 30 mph pisses me off.

Top Back Refresh