What's new

forgot power cord.. what would you do?

ArTi54N

YouTuber
Member Number
Loc
Republic of the Rio Grande
so like this past time that I went to Laredo.. I forgot to grab my laptops power cord when I packed..

I considered going to Best Buy, and just buying one, and then returning it a week later.. depending on the cost.. but I did not do that..

what would you have done?

so like this past time that I went to Laredo.. I forgot to grab my laptops power cord when I packed..

I considered going to Best Buy, and just buying one, and then returning it a week later.. depending on the cost.. but I did not do that..

What kind of person returns a cord they used?

who does that??

:confused:

who does that??

I did that a few years back

ain't like it's food or batteries
though I made sure to keep it in as-new condition and left the wires wrapped up neat like they were

Last edited:
a few things for the record..

I have never bought anything just to use it and return it.. I decided against it, and just wondered if I was being a pussy..

not a hotel, I'm moving to Laredo right now, gonna keep an apt for now while we build our own ranch house starting in the fall.. cuzz it stays around 110-115 for three months.. screw building something that big, in the heat.. might work on a shed for just our stuff this month maybe...

yeah I'm OCD too.. numerical OCD to be specific..

You were born in the fucking Valley werent you? Cause thats some serious Valley shit rightt there.

My OCD wouldn’t allow it.

Before any kind of road trip I‘ll literally check what I need to take with me at least 2-3 times before loading/packing :homer:
Funny, i walk into my closet and throw some random shit that i might need in a bag and leave without much thought at all and make due with whatever i happen to have.

Reactions: Add
Use an extension cord and tie one end around your neck and the other around the ceiling fan. So when your mom comes in you might kick her in the head for not having an abortion.
Damn dude. Thats fucked up.

actually I was born in Corpus Christi..

oh and I could find a thread about "eating rotten meat to get high"... is there one?

I heard about it on the radio in S.A. so I just looked it up.. its a real thing.. all over media outlets..

At one time there was a place I think is was called Rent a Center?. All I know is that they would rent losers their couch, TV, possibly a washing machine.

This sounds like it is your store.

Go rent a cord:laughing:

When I was working; many times I was summoned at 01:00 to go overseas first thing in the morning. Hardware had first priority; clothing was a big WTF; I will figure it out when I get there. I had several hot "tool boxes" ready to go; staged in shipping with Techrep signing off on my DD1149's. :smokin:

When I was working; many times I was summoned at 01:00 to go overseas first thing in the morning. Hardware had first priority; clothing was a big WTF; I will figure it out when I get there. I had several hot "tool boxes" ready to go; staged in shipping with Techrep signing off on my DD1149's. :smokin:
sooooo, you had a cord?

who does that??

Same people who buy a carburetor, install it to get smog fed then return the used carb.
same people who return a transmission jack to harbor freight because they’re done with it.
People who want to borrow what they need and don’t care about some business losing money.

Edit: I’d have bought the cord and kept it, or tried the ‘ask the front desk’ thing. Having a spare cored comes in handy. Leave one in the case, or buy a case for your laptop while you’re buying a cord so you keep things together.

Same people who buy a carburetor, install it to get smog fed then return the used carb.
same people who return a transmission jack to harbor freight because they’re done with it.
People who want to borrow what they need and don’t care about some business losing money.

Edit: I’d have bought the cord and kept it, or tried the ‘ask the front desk’ thing. Having a spare cored comes in handy. Leave one in the case, or buy a case for your laptop while you’re buying a cord so you keep things together.
Buying the cord again is a tax on just not being prepared

Top Back Refresh