What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

Is parking at the chevron across from fordyce safe?

Another noob question:

So how is each water crossing? I see there is water crossing 1, 2, and 3 plus committee? Which one is easiest to worst?

You technically don’t hit committee if you don’t go in through committee trail at the midway point, right?

Also, is committee trail still a viable exit? I remember it went through/near the campsite and propert that was shut down.

Another noob question:

So how is each water crossing? I see there is water crossing 1, 2, and 3 plus committee? Which one is easiest to worst?

You technically don’t hit committee if you don’t go in through committee trail at the midway point, right?

Also, is committee trail still a viable exit? I remember it went through/near the campsite and propert that was shut down.

Check flows here

Fordyce Creek - Below Fordyce Dam - river flow graph

300 is pretty interesting, possibly scetchy for low light rigs.

1st crossing can be deep, but is wide and slow. 2nd is the fastest and most scetchy. 3rd isn't bad, the river is split unless it's pretty high and usually isn't deep at all. Committee is somewhere in the middle. It's not that bad if you know the line. The tricky part is that there is multiple lines on each side. The best way to cross from the main trail is the furthest down stream at an angle up to the left of the big tree.

Committee is roughly half way. It close to Fordyce lake, so you could cross it, check out the lake and keep going. There is some decent wheelin between the crossing and lake.

Look at towing into Meadow lake. Nice camping. You could either venture down the trail from there, or take your rig back towards truckee and down to eagle lakes, then run up to Meadow.

Is parking at the chevron across from fordyce safe?
Yes.

Non of the crossings were too bad, a little deep but my Yota made it through no problem.
CC2
IMG_5899(1).jpg

Thanks for the intel guys.

We need to decide on where to park and the route to go.

I am road legal and have no problem parking at chevron and then going from start to end and driving on the highway from meadow lake back to Chevron but I am not sure if the rest of the group is road legal. I’ll have to check with them.

We can always run from start to end, turn back around, go back down the trail, exit at committee trail and take the dirt roads back to the highway near chevron.

Thanks for the intel guys.

We need to decide on where to park and the route to go.

I am road legal and have no problem parking at chevron and then going from start to end and driving on the highway from meadow lake back to Chevron but I am not sure if the rest of the group is road legal. I’ll have to check with them.

We can always run from start to end, turn back around, go back down the trail, exit at committee trail and take the dirt roads back to the highway near chevron.

I personally would drop all trailered rigs at Eagle, drop trailers at Chevron, run the whole trail up to Meadow, come back down and out Committee.

I personally would drop all trailered rigs at Eagle, drop trailers at Chevron, run the whole trail up to Meadow, come back down and out Committee.
Cool, that’s what we are thinking. Committee trail is still open? I know they were doing some work there.

this is a pretty popular way to run the trail, highly recommend it

good luck doing it all in one day though :laughing:

Not gonna do it in one day, especially since it’s our first time. We have been trying to hit this trail for years. Every year something prevented it from happening. My only fear now is CFS skyrocketing around the end of august.

I think 200 is ok to pass but I’m not sure I wanna go much higher then that. I’m not a water crossing lover. I’m a water crossing bitch. Water just fucks things up lol

worse case scenario if the river is too high then just drive tow rigs up through truckee into meadow lake and run down the trail and turn around at the crossings, going that route you can still access more then half the trail

you can also take a lunch break at the crossing and wait for someone else to come a long and watch them cross to get a better idea if youre up for it

Full trail open. Signs down. Contractor fired. No dam work for a couple years.

More info on this? Was it still syblon ried? I worked for them for a bit and actually knew the PM who was on the Fordyce project originally.

They were a shit show and milked the fuck out of t&m jobs. So bad that they lost thier trust from DWR, and I heard they were on thin ice with pg&e. Bunch of retards, they should have been rolling in cash after the Oroville dam project :homer:

So the flows just recently came down fron 250+, they are sub 50 right now, the melt is over?!
What's the flow situation with pge?
Is the dam being left open thus stattic inflow just goes downstream?
Or are they making hydro?
I'm gunna hit f.o.f. and check once I get a few rigs to go.
I have run it @30 on 37's aka no depth. But I'm in a low slung (26" belly) 35" tire rig with electronics on the floor
So depth is a concern :confused:.
I really want to put this first gen on as many different trails as possible before I can't :beer:.

06h3
Enjoy the run great place/trail.
I hope to put a crew together soon...

So the flows just recently came down fron 250+, they are sub 50 right now, the melt is over?!
What's the flow situation with pge?
Is the dam being left open thus stattic inflow just goes downstream?
Flows went down for Trek
Don't know if they're going back up, but the lake still has plenty of water in it so they could very well raise fliws.
The gate is closed at the campgrounds so you can't drive to the dam and their was a mini ex on Rattlesnake so there is some work being done, just no work on dam that I could see.

Can’t comment on why fired but I know it’s true.

30” with electronics on the floor sounds sketchy.

Your best bet is also to camp at Meadow so you can wheel down to CC2 and get the most trail in.

2 weeks ago the output at the dam was cranking.

Last edited:
At some point the water can only get so shallow despite the flows. If you're worried about 30" I wouldn't cross anything but the 3rd crossing from eagle lakes.

Unless you have full doors and sealed floor, you can just keep momentum and keep a wake.

This is from someone who has only been there in low riders :laughing:

But I'm also not dumb enough to mount a vape pen processor to the floor :flipoff2:

Reactions: Clb
During Trek this year flow was @25, cc1 is what 13-16" deep?
I've run it @ what I thought was 9 and coulda walked it I think.
You guys really think it's 30"deep sub 50?
300 is like what? 4' covering 4deez and at hood level...
Hopefully I can get a handle on this one...
:beer:
Thanx All

@ 430 I took water over my lap at CC1 in a tall 4Runner. I’m 6” lower now and moving my computer. 200 you should be good everywhere unless you stop forward progress. At least move the air intake up.

I’d still camp at Meadow and wheel most of the trail to CC2 and wait for somebody to cross if you’re coming this far with a group to not take chances.

Still working on muster, getting a capable crew of
" not weenies" :lmao: is tougher than it should be...:flipoff2:

I saw that. It sucks they want to move rocks and make it easier

Not surprised at all this unfortunately. The last 2 times I was at Fordyce, the idiots were THICK. Bad enough that a bunch of retards got in a fight and one group ended up LIGHTING THE OTHERS FUCKING CAMP ON FIRE, in August. Literally watched a ~70' tree go up. :eek: Quick thinking and about 30 guys got it out before it did too much damage.

I'm all for having a good time, but some of these people need to not be in wheelers. No respect for anyone or anything. They literally think they can just do whatever they want out there.

I'm not referring to the guys who go up there to beat on their rig on hard obstacles either obviously.

Not surprised at all this unfortunately. The last 2 times I was at Fordyce, the idiots were THICK. Bad enough that a bunch of retards got in a fight and one group ended up LIGHTING THE OTHERS FUCKING CAMP ON FIRE, in August. Literally watched a ~70' tree go up. :eek: Quick thinking and about 30 guys got it out before it did too much damage.

I'm all for having a good time, but some of these people need to not be in wheelers. No respect for anyone or anything. They literally think they can just do whatever they want out there.

I'm not referring to the guys who go up there to beat on their rig on hard obstacles either obviously.
Jesus, people are fucking idiots

YotaAtieToo I agree, last trip out there was a group that was against wearing seat belts. Idiots, we told them as they were wheeling 3 to put them on and told us to screw off. Idiots running half doors seat level and pulling a tire 3 feet in the air with no seat belt.

Top Back Refresh