What's new

Ford Maverick

Is the box screwed/bolted or riveted?

From my recollection, they are screwed to the aluminum tube frame. The boxes themselves are riveted together. I had one of my guys that wanted to swap the sides of his toolboxes, and it was just screwed together from what he shared with me.

Thanks, I'm sort of interested in getting one, but would want to make sure I can sleep in the bed. at 6' 3" its a tight fit.
On the maverick FB group
Screenshot_20240127-103028.png

Looks like something my wife would build. Small bed made for a small person, 3 fans and 2 fire extinguishers :laughing:

~4.5' bed length and what looks to be 18" wide would be tough for just about anybody to curl up in. fold down sides with a pad so you could at least get an angle and fetal position would probably work for most people

in all honestly, i'd rather sleep in the driver seat with it reclined.

not sure if it was factory or dealer added or what, but there was a pretty decent upgraded interior at one we looked at 11 way seat instead of 8 way, if i recall correctly. Represented a substantial difference.

there's way more practical uses for $20k for something to travel and sleep in though.

Stop looking at it like a truck. It's a car with a big trunk. Then it makes sense.
It will do everything better than a 90-00s mini truck in every task except hauling lumber. At some point you have to acknowledge that progress is progress

For sure, but also more difficult to drop an engine into off a engine hoist, or throw logs into, etc.

Not a lot more difficult, but like, it should.. could.. be more reliable. Maybe.
The big difference is going to be what shape the interior is in after a few years of regularly doing that shit.

They do OK hauling "lumber". It's not a fullsize with a contractor roof rack but it is a pretty useful design. I have hauled 4x8 sheets at highway speed and they do fit with the tailgate at about 45 deg using the provided cable support. I havent done it yet but there is no reason the common building stud or even longer wont fit either. The bed material isnt really any different than any other PU, probably better than some. Isnt the F-150 aluminum ? We had a professional bed liner applied so no worries :lmao:

Just got a build date...June 24th. Entered the order ID and VIN but doesn't show up in Ford yet.

We are putting air bags on my buddy’s Mav. Just bags was $120ish. He’s considering doing the compressor with auto leveling now.

Should make a nice difference when towing his race car.

Wow. Two years ago there was a one year wait.
I ordered in July so...About a year from order to production (assuming this date holds true:homer:) I'm guessing August or September before its delivered.

Have one with the hybrid, have about 25k on it now. Payments and fuel are less than it costs to drive my F250 in fuel costs alone... it is nice having a car with a/c, cupholders, and 40+mpg. I can put my kayak in it, fishing stuff, or bike which is hard in a sedan. Still have the F250 for truck stuff.

Being said I will probably trade it in after I graduate and get something more fun. Thing is seeming to hold its value really well, it is worth more than I paid last I checked.

Did some nighttime thermal hunting with a buddy. We crept around the property in his hybrid Maverick. It made a cool night hunting rig :smokin:

Wow. Two years ago there was a one year wait.
The first two I ordered took about 5 months for the first, 6 for the second.
I ordered a third one early this January and picked it up mid March

The first two I ordered took about 5 months for the first, 6 for the second.
I ordered a third one early this January and picked it up mid March
Maybe you covered this earlier. But why so many? Business?

I ordered in July so...About a year from order to production (assuming this date holds true:homer:) I'm guessing August or September before its delivered.
I'm in STL and got mine 2 weeks after the scheduled build date so depending on where you're at I'd say less than a month for sure.

Mine just rolled 10k miles. Haven't reset trip 2 since I bought it, think the computer says the average is around 41mpg.

Only thing that bugs me is the cross traffic alert doesn't work all that great.

I'm in STL and got mine 2 weeks after the scheduled build date so depending on where you're at I'd say less than a month for sure.

Mine just rolled 10k miles. Haven't reset trip 2 since I bought it, think the computer says the average is around 41mpg.

Only thing that bugs me is the cross traffic alert doesn't work all that great.
So don't drive with you wife, usually mine is always telling me there are cars coming......a quarter mile away.....

They can't keep them in stock long enough....every service based company (pools, pest control, landscape) is scooping them up faster than they can order them.

I ended up getting it for 28k

The dealership down here had a base for 25 last weekend. I could go see if its still around tommorow

1000001454.jpg

Bought one today for my company fleet. Went with the awd version

Coworker of mine just paid 47 for a lariat version
:shaking:

Was an ordered vehicle that the buyer backed out of and he just happened to walk on at the right time..

Spending almost 50k on a maverick definitely pushes it out of the realm of interesting for me. 35k max. Preferably under 30. Otherwise why.

But that's why I have a focus st and not a maverick right now.

Top Back Refresh