What's new

For all the geopolitical analyst's here, when will China invade Taiwan?

When will China invade and take over Taiwan?

• Total voters
Do you know what % of the Chyna population is a party member ?

Edit: quickly found it - 6% But I would think those 6% have a lot of the $$$$ and giz that is important.

Heard yesterday that the Chinese communist party has instructed its members to divest of all us and other western assets. This looks like they are going to protect themselves from the sanctions that would be imposed on them if they did invade.
Whether they actually divest of them is another story.
well, it also makes their people dependent on their currency rather than ours
their currency that they have a tight grip on

I dislike the fascist part. The rest sounds pretty good.

Fascist actually means no more freedom, no free speech, probably coming for your guns just like the liberal idiots. Rollback women's and gay marriage rights, get back into discriminating minorities and segregation.

I mean it's all good if you are white...
Interesting take on that definition!

Fascist actually just means "anything authoritarian I don't like" nowadays.

There isn't any definition I can come across anywhere that doesn't involve genocide, and that's clearly not applicable to most of its current use.

Do you think authoritarian anything is a good thing? That it is a sign of good times when the general populace calls for a "strongman" leader?
I mean I admit the two-party system is fucked beyond belief on both sides but the way out is never backward to me.

Heard yesterday that the Chinese communist party has instructed its members to divest of all us and other western assets. This looks like they are going to protect themselves from the sanctions that would be imposed on them if they did invade.
Whether they actually divest of them is another story.
I don't know why any country would want to park assets here even if they are friendly to us right now after what they pulled on Russia. All you need is one of the dementia ridden sociopaths running this place to get pissed at you and they are freezing all your assets, while arguably committing human rights abuses against its own citizens. Example being sending aid, fuel and food overseas while there is a very real possibility of causing an energy crises and famine stateside in the very near future. Also pissing all over their god given rights laid out by it's founders.

I dislike the fascist part. The rest sounds pretty good.

Fascist actually means no more freedom, no free speech, probably coming for your guns just like the liberal idiots. Rollback women's and gay marriage rights, get back into discriminating minorities and segregation.

I mean it's all good if you are white...

More of a European thing than a white thing.

According to US gov standards, Spaniards are hispanic, not white. I couldnt tell you how Greeks are sorted out.

Do you think authoritarian anything is a good thing? That it is a sign of good times when the general populace calls for a "strongman" leader?
I mean I admit the two-party system is fucked beyond belief on both sides but the way out is never backward to me.
Sorry for skipping a few steps there, I'll try and break it down further.

Everyone gets stuck on 'fascist' and 'commie' and doesn't realize they're both railing against the same authoritarianism, while simultaniously supporting that same rise in authoritarianism "because it is on my side being used against the other side" and then the precedent is set for when the two party system swings the other way. People get more and more subjugated and can't figure out why things are getting shittier so they lash out at the other side all the harder.

The important bit is the emotional divisive language, it short circuits the brain so people don't think things through far enough to break the cycle.

White House officials walk back on President Biden's remark that the US military would intervene to defend Taiwan in any attack from China — comments that appeared to break from the longstanding US policy of "strategic ambiguity"

Can we just hear from who's actually in charge and not the installed potato from now on? Might save a lot of time.

If its gonna happen I say right after the Ukraine occupation ends. That said i predicted putin would be clintoned by the end of april.

It's not gonna happen. Look at what modern warfare is now. Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine. Any metal object with a heat source, ie an engine, is a sure fucking kill shot target. We deployed ( provided to our buddies the Taliban) stinger shoulder fired missiles way way way back when the Rooskies were in Afghanistan. Checkmate on their ARMORED ground attack Hind helicopters. They were dead meat. Go forward, what is it ? 35 years ? And the relatively inexpenisve shoulder fired wonder weapons, and the drone launched heat seek kill are about 3 generations better. Turkey manufacturers them for chriz sakes. It's not like the Taiwan mil is clueless about any of this. Any, any Chy-Com going to Taiwan is by air or sea. And that makes it a dead sure kill shot at minimal cost to the defenders. The Taiwans have had generations to build tunnel/cave shoot disappear fortifications from which they can fire out and not easily be shot back at.

The straits of Formosa would be awash in floating bloated bodies 48 hours after the Chy-Com attempt to suppress the Taiwan air defense then land their Helio troops or whatever the fuck they can think of. All the cave dwellers have to do is hold their fire and wait for the Chycom air force to refuel. Wait until the meat wagons loaded with dead meat protoplasm by air or sea are close them blow them the fuck to hell. They cant miss. Militarily, a channel crossing under these conditions is a nightmare. Further more, as the Rooskies have found out with their river bridge crossings, it takes LOTS of precise perfect execution all vetted by combat experience.

The cave located air or sea defense are even immune to the nuke blast electro magnet bullshit (EMP ??) that could otherwise knock out unprotected circuitry.

The end for a ChyCom invasion would be the ruin of the Taiwan hiTech industry, the potential loss of the war, the certain ostracizing of their economy by a lot of the remaining world. They can simply wait it instead out and absorb Taiwan peacefully as it was with Hong Kong.

I noticed there was no choice of “shortly before Biden leaves office”. That’s what I would vote. Biden is their man. They don’t want to give him a black mark while he’s still useful. But once his end is near, they can go head and know that he won’t do anything.

Of course, they might figure it’s easier to infiltrate and cheat the elections.

Sen. Blackburn from TN just landed mere days after calling China "New Axis of Evil" on social media. If the dog doesn't bite after that slap I doubt it will.

I don't have much knowledge on this at all besides maybe Taiwan being a competitor in a way. But WTF does China / Xi have to gain from an invasion? Or is he just blowing some smoke to flex his muscle to test Joe Tater? I can think of a million reasons why he shouldn't invade and a million ways to go around it and accomplish it much better.

Sen. Blackburn from TN just landed mere days after calling China "New Axis of Evil" on social media. If the dog doesn't bite after that slap I doubt it will.

I don't have much knowledge on this at all besides maybe Taiwan being a competitor in a way. But WTF does China / Xi have to gain from an invasion? Or is he just blowing some smoke to flex his muscle to test Joe Tater? I can think of a million reasons why he shouldn't invade and a million ways to go around it and accomplish it much better.
China's economy is about to take a major dump, so Xi needs a distraction to keep the peasants diverted from that.
There's growing unrest in China over the "housing debacle" and it's only going to get worse. The CCP is genuinely
worried about maintaining power.

China's economy is about to take a major dump, so Xi needs a distraction to keep the peasants diverted from that.
There's growing unrest in China over the "housing debacle" and it's only going to get worse. The CCP is genuinely
Everyone, world leaders, knows that if they invade Taiwan sub 10mm semiconductor production come to a serious crawl. 60-70% of the worlds sub 10mm semiconductors come from 2 businesses 100% based in country and infrastructure damage is not easy to repair. With the neon supply already cut around 40-50% anything else will probably be a giant kick in the sack to the entire electronics industry.

Oh I so hope for an uprising over there.
So do I. There are a couple of scenarios as to what would happen.

1. The CCP gets ousted by the military and China ends up a military dictatorship.
2. There's mass civil unrest, as in the old USSR and a number of provinces break away as independent.
3. Mass unrest and the country sinks into complete chaos.

It also seems when an economy is in trouble, a war is not far behind.

Taiwan is more land. China wants to expand. Because it was their land before, they can take it with out “out an out” declaring war. Also, it’s thee major producer of simi conductors. What reasons do they not to invade? How would they “accomplish” it any other way? Taiwan does not want to become another Hong kong. HK was a very successful area while not under their control, and a thorn in their side because of it. The expiration of the lease gave them an easy way to take over. They don’t have a lease expiring in Taiwan. So they have to pick their timing wisely to lessen world reaction. There will probably never be a better time then the Biden presidency.

So do I. There are a couple of scenarios as to what would happen.

1. The CCP gets ousted by the military and China ends up a military dictatorship.
2. There's mass civil unrest, as in the old USSR and a number of provinces break away as independent.
3. Mass unrest and the country sinks into complete chaos.
I would think number two would be the best.

Taiwan is more land. China wants to expand. Because it was their land before, they can take it with out “out an out” declaring war. Also, it’s thee major producer of simi conductors. What reasons do they not to invade? How would they “accomplish” it any other way? Taiwan does not want to become another Hong kong. HK was a very successful area while not under their control, and a thorn in their side because of it. The expiration of the lease gave them an easy way to take over. They don’t have a lease expiring in Taiwan. So they have to pick their timing wisely to lessen world reaction. There will probably never be a better time then the Biden presidency.
I think WW3 under the current administration would absolutely be a gigantic success. :usa:

Top Back Refresh