What's new

First Suppressor

You know they have websites where they list all the dimensions, right? :flipoff2:

Tons of guys using carbon barrels with cans. No issue. Some of the cheaper rimfire stuff is carbon tube held by the muzzle device. All the centerfire is carbon wrapped and bonded with decent chunks of steel on both ends too machine to your liking.

Of course, I hand load everything so I've never been very concerned. I just do all load development with the can on and use the same can for the life of the barrel.

not all carbon barrels are created equal. its why i asked.

Show me a diagram of a proof barrel that doesnt say "to be removed by gunsmith" instead of a dimension at the muzzle end

Sendero-Light.jpg

not all carbon barrels are created equal. its why i asked.

Show me a diagram of a proof barrel that doesnt say "to be removed by gunsmith" instead of a dimension at the muzzle end

Sendero-Light.jpg

It tells you that there's a minimum of .8", if you need more pick up the phone and call :flipoff2:

It's a Springfield 2020 barrel. I have a couple other carbon wrapped barrels. One wasn't really affected. The other I need to work up a new load for.
Fierce .270 wsm - unaffected, factory barrel.
Custom stw - Needs new load, Carbo Six, fantastic barrel, easy to find a load for and very accurate. Had a Proof on it, never found a load for it. Was supposed to get a free replacement barrel from them. That never happened.
I've had groups change the same way with all steel barrels also. Depends on how big of a node your rifle has is my guess. My .338 jumped around 75 fps with a can. Still shot the same load into the same size groups. One .308 went from outstanding to complete shit.

Only ones I've seen are all Sierra 5s, and half of them weren't kgm manufactured. They were all visibly defective before they blew up.

But a bunch of people are bitching in the forums, with no pictures of anything. :laughing:

I'm sure I'd never think to take a picture of a blown up can before I sent it off :lmao:

I also take anything to do with end caps or mounts with a high degree off skepticism. I once witnessed a guy screw his SIG muzzle device on backwards, and bend the locking tab up with a screwdriver to try and thread the QD can on. :eek:

SIG fixed it, with a nice note to the sot dealer to please install all future muzzle devices for the owner. :lmao:

So far a majority of failures were repeated baffle strikes and cross threading adapters. Which I quite enjoy seeing people get shit on after they post pictures and blame manufacturers.
How the fawk can someone cross thread anything on a threaded barrel? I’m looking at it as if I was doing the install and not some twat who probably shouldn’t touch a firearm :laughing:

How the fawk can someone cross thread anything on a threaded barrel? I’m looking at it as if I was doing the install and not some twat who probably shouldn’t touch a firearm :laughing:
The same way idiots are still fucking oil pan drain plugs in 2023.

Wasn't even the barrel threads. They put the qd adapter on backwards :laughing::lmao:

Got a batch approval on both cans today. 84 days.
Form 4? Individual or Trust? e-file?

I am going on 3 months with my latest e-file. My first one back in like 2019 took 290 days :frown:

Form 4? Individual or Trust? e-file?

I am going on 3 months with my latest e-file. My first one back in like 2019 took 290 days :frown:
I definitely seems like they upped the staff numbers doing approvals, and gave all the new people new submissions. My FFL just had a bunch of approvals come back from around the same time as mine. But I have been seeing alot of people with older submissions still waiting.

I definitely seems like they upped the staff numbers doing approvals, and gave all the new people new submissions. My FFL just had a bunch of approvals come back from around the same time as mine. But I have been seeing alot of people with older submissions still waiting.
I put mine in not too long after yours. Mine went through SilencerShop as an ATF e-File, Form 4 Trust. Here is hoping!

If so, I might have to pick up a dedicated 22LR pistol can or something

I put mine in not too long after yours. Mine went through SilencerShop as an ATF e-File, Form 4 Trust. Here is hoping!

If so, I might have to pick up a dedicated 22LR pistol can or something
Does SS have your can or did you use a local dealer who submitted through the SS system? I had my cans sent to my local FFL and we submitted through the SS system. I think I saw somewhere trust submissions are taking around 120ish days compared to the 90ish for individuals.

Living in CT I was a little afraid CT would try to ban NFA items like Rhode Island has on the books, so I plan on taking the addition tax stamp loss and transferring to a trust soon. I wanted to get them in hand before I did it though.

Does SS have your can or did you use a local dealer who submitted through the SS system? I had my cans sent to my local FFL and we submitted through the SS system. I think I saw somewhere trust submissions are taking around 120ish days compared to the 90ish for individuals.

Living in CT I was a little afraid CT would try to ban NFA items like Rhode Island has on the books, so I plan on taking the addition tax stamp loss and transferring to a trust soon. I wanted to get them in hand before I did it though.
I went through a local FFL who is wired up with the SS kiosk and such so they have the can. They had me make the account there and on the ATF site to run the e-file through. Yeah, I know the Trusts take longer for some dumb reason.

Top Back Refresh