What's new

Fireball releases a giant vise - the Hardtail

got about another 6 sets of flats that are not spoken for and 6 sets of tubes not spoken for that can go out.

I'm interested in a set of flats and tubes as well, if they haven't all been claimed yet.
I think I want to do 8" jaws, so I won't need the jaw retainers.

Let me know where to send payment.

Thanks for doing all the hard work! :beer:

1641137945397.png

Thanks, I want everything you did, tubes, jaw retainers and flats.

3 if you can, one if you can't do 3.
Yup got it all set aside got to finish up the jaw retainers and front bearing blocks and it will go out

I'll take a set of the jaw retainers. Invoice my PPal when you are ready for payment.

I'll probably take a set of jaw retainers if you have extras and a bearing cover. I can make them but my mill is still fucked and I don't have time to mess with it....and I'd rather be building the vise!

I'll probably take a set of jaw retainers if you have extras and a bearing cover. I can make them but my mill is still fucked and I don't have time to mess with it....and I'd rather be building the vise!
Lol my Bridgeport is gonna quit over this. I really need to find a beefier wells index or the like to replace my wore out one. Or just get a vf3 and be done :lmao:

Lol my Bridgeport is gonna quit over this. I really need to find a beefier wells index or the like to replace my wore out one. Or just get a vf3 and be done :lmao:

A fadal can be had for about 6-10k unless you need the take write off for the VF3. Looking at the drawings it might be better to plasma out two different plates that people weld together to form the counterbores. Not sure it would be cost effective to send the plates to me to mill out on the cnc.

Also

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

A fadal can be had for about 6-10k unless you need the take write off for the VF3. Looking at the drawings it might be better to plasma out two different plates that people weld together to form the counterbores. Not sure it would be cost effective to send the plates to me to mill out on the cnc.

Also

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif
I want to get one that has probing on it. Lots of one off and repair shit so that option would helps ton.

Any chance I could talk you into a set of 8" jaw holders? I can drill and tap. Can sweeten the deal with maple syrup care pack, or some Canadian Tire swag.

If that makes you want to punch babies, please put me down for a 6" set, and bearing plate.

Any chance I could talk you into a set of 8" jaw holders? I can drill and tap. Can sweeten the deal with maple syrup care pack, or some Canadian Tire swag.

If that makes you want to punch babies, please put me down for a 6" set, and bearing plate.
No I saved some steel for that just think they’ll be too long. You’ll have to really have to stiffen it up. The plates are only 4” wide when welded to the tube.

No I saved some steel for that just think they’ll be too long. You’ll have to really have to stiffen it up. The plates are only 4” wide when welded to the tube.
I'm going to take the chance. Think I can pull off some beef gussets. Might not offset the jaws.

If you didn't send back your 8" Irwin jaws, and you don't want them, I would take those as well.

I'm going to take the chance. Think I can pull off some beef gussets. Might not offset the jaws.

If you didn't send back your 8" Irwin jaws, and you don't want them, I would take those as well.
Yeah I can send them with I’m not using them. No way could I have one with 8” jaws around here. The gorillas in the shop would have that fucker twisted up in a few weeks. :lmao:

Now the holidays are done back to this project.

Did everyone get the flats I sent out? Anyone missing parts? I’ll get this taken care of first.

I got about another 6 sets of flats that are not spoken for and 6 sets of tubes not spoken for that can go out.

Had a few hours this afternoon and started working on some 6” jaw retainers. Will have 10 sets of these that are not spoken for. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get them done, then work on making the front bearing covers.

Machined to length and step milled in. Will drill and tap them to the Irwin 6” vise jaw.
I'll take a set of the flats, tubes, and the jaw retainers. If you have any left.

I'm ready for the jaw blocks as well. Just let me know

I'd be in for everything including the retainers and bearing covers. I's also like to donate to some shop drink funds as well.

Got the jaw retainers just about done. This is taking longer than I hoped. Way too much interest in this stuff lol.

EBDAE28F-69BA-4AC2-A441-1844AAB7E729.jpeg

Here is my list I made. Please check it over for me to make sure it’s correct. I want to make sure everyone who I sent stuff to got it and everyone who wants something is on my list to get done. This is tough lol matching up rl names to forum names and who all paid ect. I can see how a system all tied together is a must for this kind of stuff. Good thing this is just a one time good will deal lol.

87B5A7F9-982E-47B9-B4D5-F9C8C5EAFB37.jpeg

If there are any errors; to make it easy for me shoot me a new pm. Something I shipped out and didn’t make it to you ect. Make the title different from vise plates please lol . I have about 30 with all the same title hard to sift through.

If your name is on the list I’ll get to you via pm. I want to finish up some more pieces before I start another round so I can combine boxes.

Thank you for your patience. :beer: I’m surprised I haven’t got crucified yet lol.

If you don't have enough jaw plates, give mine to someone else - I have no problem making a set if someone else needs them - but keep me down for the bearing block.

Cant wait. Ill make sure to include my user name once I have a PM with your paypal address.

I will be machining jaws to fit the pattern to a mill vise since I have a few spare vise jaws.

Top Back Refresh