What's new

***Fail***

This was 4th grade.

The funny part was all the exams I had to pass. There's like five of them. Everyone passed the reading one no issue. I was one of about five that passed the general curriculum exam on the first try. I got one question incorrect. That reading one fucked me over. But no one could believe I did that well on the general curric.
I have had exactly zero teaching experience other than getting this kid of mine to middle school level of life
This last year of her online classes in my office as I work has me convinced that I am fully qualified to teach :laughing:
What a joke

I have had exactly zero teaching experience other than getting this kid of mine to middle school level of life
This last year of her online classes in my office as I work has me convinced that I am fully qualified to teach :laughing:
What a joke
Not all are like that though. You really only hear about the bad ones.

Furthermore, you really can't teach what you want to teach. You're given specific guidelines of what needs to be taught; in my case, what was on the state exam. We called them educrats. So you could be a qualified teacher to every degree, but if you don't teach to the exam, you're out. Today its even worse I'm sure. When I was doing this fifteen years ago, we couldn't discuss things like slavery or wars. So you couldn't delve into history lessons because you were more or less forced to skip over those sections. Its a shitty process they have.

Furthermore, you really can't teach what you want to teach. You're given specific guidelines of what needs to be taught; in my case, what was on the state exam. We called them educrats. So you could be a qualified teacher to every degree, but if you don't teach to the exam, you're out. Today its even worse I'm sure. When I was doing this fifteen years ago, we couldn't discuss things like slavery or wars. So you couldn't delve into history lessons because you were more or less forced to skip over those sections. Its a shitty process they have.
You are right not all of them are bad.
She had six teachers, five I would fail.
Some were in over their head, some were pulling the lazy card (when my kid had to enter her own grades into the egradebook was a bit much).........kid would enter 'That's your job:" and I let it fly :laughing:

One was off the charts good.

You are right not all of them are bad.
She had six teachers, five I would fail.
Some were in over their head, some were pulling the lazy card (when my kid had to enter her own grades into the egradebook was a bit much).........kid would enter 'That's your job:" and I let it fly :laughing:

One was off the charts good.
I sort of don't blame them for being lazy after some time. Its a thankless job. Its always your fault. You have all the educrats breathing down your neck. You can't slip and say the wrong thing that may hurt someone's feelings. Can't discipline. You have kids in there that are being beat or live with parents doing hard drugs. You're there early in the morning. Leave late. "you're off during the summer" is pretty much a myth. I'd be working on my unit and lesson plans in accordance to the state's guidelines. Unit plans were usually in the 600 page range. I had about ten of them. The way was pretty meh too for what it was.

I'm glad I didn't pursue it.

This was 4th grade.

The funny part was all the exams I had to pass. There's like five of them. Everyone passed the reading one no issue. I was one of about five that passed the general curriculum exam on the first try. I got one question incorrect. That reading one fucked me over. But no one could believe I did that well on the general curric.

What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?

Friends ex wife went from HS to College to Masters to PHD to immediately teaching at a college. As far as I know she never worked a single day before being hired at the college.
s.o.p.

my first cousin married a dude that did that. now he's retired, and suffers p.t.s.d. from his teaching duties, and has a dysfunctional family relations.

minor but Ill take it.

According to court documents, Donaldson was found with methamphetamine, cocaine, a loaded 9-millimeter semi-automatic pistol, a loaded Titan .25 caliber semi-automatic pistol, a loaded Taurus .39 Special revolver, a Ruger .380 caliber semi-automatic pistol and ammunition, and a loaded IO Inc. Hellcat .380 caliber semi-automatic pistol.

Tyrone_39special.jpg

In MA they make sure the history teacher has no time for stuff like, the formation of RI, king phillip's war, evicting the natives in the early 1800s, the indian wars in the 1870s, jim crow or any other less than great thing perpetrated by intolerant jerks acting under color of law because that could lead students to draw "the wrong conclusions" about government.

In MA they make sure the history teacher has no time for stuff like, the formation of RI, king phillip's war, evicting the natives in the early 1800s, the indian wars in the 1870s, jim crow or any other less than great thing perpetrated by intolerant jerks acting under color of law because that could lead students to draw "the wrong conclusions" about government.
This was MA. :laughing:

No link...

Dunno what these 3 guys were up to, perhaps blast fishing or wanting to get high/blow their minds... They lit a black powder substance on a riverbank at Starved Rock National Park in Illinois :nuke:

Top Back Refresh