What's new

engineering that makes you want to punch babies.

Just be glad she didn't have a new Beetle.
Mrs Roundhouse had a turbo diesel 5 speed Beetle for 19 years .

Changing the alternator was really fun .

Official volkswagen repair Manual says :

“Begin by removing both front fenders.”

I found a faster way but it was still a pain .
First one took 10 hours .
Third one I was down to three hours .

Recently changed the thermostat on her 2010 mini cooper turbo 6 speed .

Wasn’t as hard as I thought but who the hell molds the thermostat inside a plastic thing like this ?

That little shiny thing is the t stat .

And one sensor is removable and the other sensor is molded into the plastic . WTF?

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

That doesn’t look like anything on my z3 or z4. It’s all one piece instead of 14 pieces with o rings looking between all of them. These 2 BMWs have the worst cooling system parts layout I’ve seen.

My gripe of the day is abs pump location on gmt800 trucks and how much fun it is to lay out 5 lines snaking across the frame under the driver seat to the pump.

I don’t think a single pre bent line could be installed without lifting the cab. At least there’s almost enough room for wrenches. Almost.

That doesn’t look like anything on my z3 or z4. It’s all one piece instead of 14 pieces with o rings looking between all of them. These 2 BMWs have the worst cooling system parts layout I’ve seen.

My gripe of the day is abs pump location on gmt800 trucks and how much fun it is to lay out 5 lines snaking across the frame under the driver seat to the pump.

I don’t think a single pre bent line could be installed without lifting the cab. At least there’s almost enough room for wrenches. Almost.
I did that job last year.
Fuck all of that abs under the cab shit.

Make sure you clean the ground right next to it. They suck too and it kills abs units.

Reactions: DMG
Bmw loves plastic cooling system parts.
Designed by BMW, assembled in England with a Peugeot engine .

What could possibly go wrong?

Wife loves it and we got it cheap .

Sucks to work on though

When I went to the stealership to pickup the part. They kept asking which shop I was with . I explained i didn’t have a shop it was my car .
They were speechless . And said no owner had ever come in to buy parts to work on their own car .

You can JUST squeak the stainless lines to the rear axle from the Dorman kit in (on a lift) on a 2005 Yukon XL.
Took a while, but they finally fit in.

Aaron Z

Designed by BMW, assembled in England with a Peugeot engine .

What could possibly go wrong?

Wife loves it and we got it cheap .

Sucks to work on though

When I went to the stealership to pickup the part. They kept asking which shop I was with . I explained i didn’t have a shop it was my car .
They were speechless . And said no owner had ever come in to buy parts to work on their own car .
Have you set up ista on a laptop yet?
It's very handy.

I needed a driver's valve cover gasket for the engine in my sig so I ordered online and then went to the local Audi dealer for the first time ever.

Now I was in my concrete clothes... But the parts guy would NOT give me the part I paid for until clearing it with a manager.

I was blown away, 20+ years of wrenching, 7 working at a shop as a kid. Never been treated like that. Fucker said there were 2 techs in the state allowed to "touch" that part, I said now 3 as I walked away with it.

Manager was shocked i was working on the car, he was cool.

No

Tell me more .
Buy bimmergeeks cable
Download standard tools from the hidden bimmergeeks link
Download ista
Install all that shit, have factory diagnostics, service manual and the ability to change coding, add features and use junkyard electronics you can reprogram yourself.
If you can't find the install files for ista I have them.
I do not have mini daten files for standard tools so you'll have to locate them for your chassis to do programming.

It makes you into the factory\dealer.

Hack the planet bro.

It's how my e91 got it's whole idrive updated from 2008 trash to 2013 not so much trash. So I could have Bluetooth audio.
Also, generate lifetime fsc codes and steal navigation updates.

I needed a driver's valve cover gasket for the engine in my sig so I ordered online and then went to the local Audi dealer for the first time ever.

Now I was in my concrete clothes... But the parts guy would NOT give me the part I paid for until clearing it with a manager.

I was blown away, 20+ years of wrenching, 7 working at a shop as a kid. Never been treated like that. Fucker said there were 2 techs in the state allowed to "touch" that part, I said now 3 as I walked away with it.

I'm just impressed they sell valve cover gaskets that aren't pairs and aren't interchangeable left/right. The dealership's attitude isn't shocking at all. :laughing:

What vehicle? I tried to get your sig to load but I don't see anything.

That sounds ridiculous any way you slice it though.

They were cocks to my brother when he went and picked up a new supercharger clutch for his q7.
Rambling on to him about his he needed the special audi tool to set the clutch gap and all that.
The special tool is a fucking switch and the connector so you can apply 12v to the electro magnet.
He used some alligator clips and a battery charger.

They're high as giraffe pussy on that audi special tool shit.

It's how my e91 got it's whole idrive updated from 2008 trash to 2013 not so much trash. So I could have Bluetooth audio.
Also, generate lifetime fsc codes and steal navigation updates.
vetteboy79 and I were just discussing that this weekend. Did the hitch on his x5, and used pro tool to (hopefully) have gotten the modules talking. I was saying I really need to get the ista working again since that last lap top shit the bed.

vetteboy79 and I were just discussing that this weekend. Did the hitch on his x5, and used pro tool to (hopefully) have gotten the modules talking. I was saying I really need to get the ista working again since that last lap top shit the bed.
Pro tool is great
But I'm cheap and nerdy.

And I can not stress enough how much I love virtual machines for shit like this. Laptop dies and just move your virtual machines to the next one and not spend hours setting up all the weird euro car software.

And I can not stress enough how much I love virtual machines for shit like this. Laptop dies and just move your virtual machines to the next one and not spend hours setting up all the weird euro car software.
Also great for keeping your pirated software from phoning home. :laughing:

It’s called sharing, and sharing means caring :flipoff2:

Anybody using that software would not be lining up to the dealer to sign up for monthly payments. I don’t see a loss for BMW.

Top Back Refresh