What's new

DOM Prices

LScout800

LS Powered Tractor
Member Number
Loc
CA
I know the economy is messed up right now, and the price of steel is pretty stupid, but I was wondering what a good price for DOM is right now. I am looking to build a cage in the near future, and before I start calling companies for quotes I was wondering what people are paying for DOM right now, specically 1.75 OD .120 wall.

I paid $3.10/ft for 1.5" .120 DOM about 2 weeks ago I'm in SoCal

I paid $3.15/ft for 1.75" .120 DOM for 200ft couple months ago. Just bought a 4x8 sheet of 3/16" AR400 yesterday and talk about hurting the wallet. I tried to buy 3 sticks of 2x2 iron angle and dude told me $300. So $5/ft for fucking angle iron. Fuck that project for a while

This was about three weeks ago:

f43r53425342.png

Best prices I've ever gotten were from Shapiro Supply in STL. I don't shop around the whole country, but any time I've mentioned what I've paid for DOM from them, I'm told that I got a great deal.

I work in a steel mill we are making ungodly record profits never before seen in the steel market. Great for my pension and profit sharing. Terrible for the cage I want to build.

My local custom shop Trailhead Customs has said his steel prices have tripled. And his profit margin has dropped off to near non existent.

Thank China and Biden for fucking this whole world.

Last I heard it was even hard to get common sizes of tube, that still the case or has it eased up?

Buddy up in Idaho for mines was even having a hard time getting materials in.

Damn so the local scrap guy that told me 6 bucks a foot was a good price was trying to screw me over a bit lol. I am in socal, so I will call around to see if I can get a better price for it. Nice to see it is not as crazy as I thought it was. I will have to see if my work can get me some for a discount when we get more materials.

I work for a small company that builds custom roll off units. I am just one of the welders, but a client stopped buy the shop and asked the owner why he was quoting way more than he did before. He explained to him he was not charging anymore for labor, all the new costs were due to the materials markup from the increasing prices. Even buying things like little key start motors has become insane, you can't even buy a motor like that from a good name brand like Honda because they are all back ordered.

~$6.50/foot for 1.75x.120 today. @ 50 feet $16/foot for 2"x.250 today. @ 20 feet

Total order for all sizes was $1575, so not a small quantity up charge.

Paid $450 for a 4x8 sheet of 3/16 P+O, and another $260 for a 4x8 sheet of 12GA P+O, and of course, $71 to Jay Inslee on that.

I am on the east coast near Pittsburgh PA and work for a fabrication/machine shop.

On September 20th our cost
DOM 1.75" x 0.120" $6.50/foot
HREW 1.75 x 0.120 $3.30/foot
(this was per stick and if you bought more than 5 sticks you could get a little more off)

Prices fluctuate so much our prices are only good for 1 day.

Cheese and rice. I didn’t realize it had gone up that much. I’m glad to see our current administration is looking out for the American people.

I sell it for $7.99 per foot. This time last year I was selling it for $4 per foot. HRC contracts are still near all time records and no relief in sight until middle of next year.

I just got a quote yesterday for some DOM from IMS in sun valley. Basically if you aren't buying 100ft of each size and like 500ft total you aren't gonna get a good price. 1.75 x .120 DOM 100ft of that was $4.25/ft and that project didn't happen because the material price I gave him and total didn't work out on his expectations.

That is stupid cheap, I acan't belive they are selling that cheap with what others are selling. I just bought 40 sticks of 1.75x.120 from my wholesaler for over $6 per foot. My total order was over $7k. Local steel suppliers in Reno are chargeing $14-$15 per foot and have no supply. Imay have to make a trip down to Riverside to pick up a couple thousand feet.

Just called tube service to order some tubing and got a quote for 40ft of 1.75" x .120 DOM just to check price and she said $9 a ft.

Let me know if you do we have a couple rigs I know needs cages I’ll make a run up to you.

That is stupid cheap, I acan't belive they are selling that cheap with what others are selling. I just bought 40 sticks of 1.75x.120 from my wholesaler for over $6 per foot. My total order was over $7k. Local steel suppliers in Reno are chargeing $14-$15 per foot and have no supply. Imay have to make a trip down to Riverside to pick up a couple thousand feet.

I just got a quote from ISM in Riverside 1.75x.120" for $4.25 per foot buying 1200' . I wanted 2000' of 1.5" and 200' of 2x.250 but they have no stock and don't know when they would have it.

Well prices of steel change on the daily. IMS Sun Valley near burbank 100ft each of 1.75 and 2" .120 DOM is now 5.18 and 6.09 a ft Makes it almost impossible to quote jobs unless you just say it will be 6.00 a ft and 7.00 a ft and hope it doesn't go up that much.

Called today and it was $9/ft for 140' of 1 3/4, 120 Dom. Cage is gonna be on standby.

Wonder if prices will go back to normal anytime soon?

Called today and it was $9/ft for 140' of 1 3/4, 120 Dom. Cage is gonna be on standby.

Wonder if prices will go back to normal anytime soon?
$1260 is to much to spend to potentially save your life?

I think that post earns you the "cheap fuck of the year" award. :shaking:

:flipoff2:

$1260 is to much to spend to potentially save your life?

I think that post earns you the "cheap fuck of the year" award.
Naw, I'll just wheel my truggy with a full cage. Spending $1200 for 6 sticks of tube would earn you the dumb fuck of the year award. 🤣

Top Back Refresh