What's new

Dogs of Irate 4x4

Can we have biscuits?
IMG_4864.jpeg

We adopted this girl from an older couple about 4 months ago. They were complete assholes to her. Wouldn't let her sit on the couch with their other dog. They would push her off. Since we got her she can be in any chair or the couch or the bed. She really got to enjoy life with our other two yorkies. When I got home yesterday she was having a hard time walking. When I picked her up and put her on the bed she just fell over. I knew it was time to take her to the vet. She has a history of declining kidney function. Her normal vet said we should not do long term care and that it was probably time for her. She didn't move from the minute I picked her up off the bed until her final moments. The vet at emergency care said she was in terrible shape and they couldn't get her heart rate down. I knew what we had to do.

This is her in the room at emergency vet that they have just for this. I am glad that we got to give her 4 months of happiness.

Attachments

• maya.jpg
    maya.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
We adopted this girl from an older couple about 4 months ago. They were complete assholes to her. Wouldn't let her sit on the couch with their other dog. They would push her off. Since we got her she can be in any chair or the couch or the bed. She really got to enjoy life with our other two yorkies. When I got home yesterday she was having a hard time walking. When I picked her up and put her on the bed she just fell over. I knew it was time to take her to the vet. She has a history of declining kidney function. Her normal vet said we should not do long term care and that it was probably time for her. She didn't move from the minute I picked her up off the bed until her final moments. The vet at emergency care said she was in terrible shape and they couldn't get her heart rate down. I knew what we had to do.

This is her in the room at emergency vet that they have just for this. I am glad that we got to give her 4 months of happiness.
I am so sorry!!!!! I am crying for you and her. Short term rescues like this hurt but are so beautiful.

I'm really sorry to hear about your girl. That last trip to the Vet is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The pain will eventually fade but the wonderful memories will live forever.

I'm positive that your girl is pain free running and playing with my Labs and the other dogs from here waiting to see you again.

397.jpeg

Unfortunately, we had to put our Little Rubi girl down the other day. A sad day got a bit happier when we saw Ranger’s parents had another litter and there were a few females left. Ranger is the absolute perfect dog, so we went and checked out the pups.

We were originally thinking about breeding him, but once we saw this little pup, we decided breeding wasn’t that important to us, so we brought home his sister.

I personally think Scout is the perfect name for her, but my wife hates it. We’ll see if I get my way or not…

Anyways, meet this little meatball.

IMG_5607.jpeg
IMG_5572.jpeg
IMG_5587.jpeg
IMG_5812.jpeg
IMG_5827.jpeg

Had to put down my best bud 2 weeks ago.. He was 10 .. Hardest thing Ive ever had to do.. He had prostate cancer which is fairly rare for dogs I guess .. Other than that he was full tilt still which made it even harder on us.. Got home from work and the poor guy couldnt pee.. Got him in emergency vet and found it to be inoperable as it had spread into his spine ... This was him 3 days before on a nice long hike

Attachments

• 20240212_160352_HDR.jpg
    20240212_160352_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
Had to put down my best bud 2 weeks ago.. He was 10 .. Hardest thing Ive ever had to do.. He had prostate cancer which is fairly rare for dogs I guess .. Other than that he was full tilt still which made it even harder on us.. Got home from work and the poor guy couldnt pee.. Got him in emergency vet and found it to be inoperable as it had spread into his spine ... This was him 3 days before on a nice long hike
It sucks. RIP

:( He looked happy.

I spent entirely too long looking for the pic where he was showing off the new handlebar mustache but struck out

oh well

Top Back Refresh