What's new

Does Trump have a chance?

To much attention on Biden as a poor candidate...many will vote for Biden just hoping to get Trump kicked out...Just like many will vote for Trump even if they dislike him..If Trump wins and both houses are a democratic majority, he will be useless as a President...

To much attention on Biden as a poor candidate...many will vote for Biden just hoping to get Trump kicked out...Just like many will vote for Trump even if they dislike him..If Trump wins and both houses are a democratic majority, he will be useless as a President...

If they get majorities to override the vetos power, we are in a bad way.

Gridlock is what we should be hoping for. I'd take 4 years of no new laws or EOs, just pass a budget every year. Gridlock everything else.

Gridlock is what we should be hoping for. I'd take 4 years of no new laws or EOs, just pass a budget every year. Gridlock everything else.

Amen.

That will work...

I just can't believe that the DNC put up two turkeys in a row, it's almost like they want DJT to win. Again, they're both too old and there's a good chance Trumps mind will go South in the next four years although he'll still be able to watch Fox for his briefings. Biden's mind will definitely be mush in the next 8. WTF are they thinking.

As far as Congress going blue, I'd have to look at all the races individually, but maybe.

Here is what I have thought for a long time.

Trump doesn't care about POT. He doesn't care if it's legalized, he is not bothered that it is illegal. It's not his issue, and he just doesn't give a fuck.

Some time in the next 100 days he will legalize weed federally (probably by fiat, I mean executive order) , push it back to the states, and be able pander to the states rights crowd, and push for the release of some in federal prison on cannabis drug offenses.

It'll be purely political. and it will be beautiful.

Obama had both branches for 2 years and I believe they thought that they would have them forever so they were not much in a hurry to do everything at once. Trump had both for 2 years and they did nothing. With Trump having only one branch the Republicans are about useless and the Dems seem to do pretty much anything they want and control the narrative. Give Trump at least 2 years with both and at least have the opportunity to fight back against all this nonsense. I am not a blinders wearing Trump guy but he is the best chance right now to push back against all the false narratives and groups trying to destroy our country from within. I am not happy with all the government spending but if the Dems get in charge they will spend far more recklessly and dismantle the fabric of this nation.
If past history is any indication if Trump is reelected the next 8 will be a Democrat and it seems clear what they want do when they regain power. Maybe 4 more years of Trump will be able to head that off and sway the nation to a more prudent tack.

I just can't believe that the DNC put up two turkeys in a row, it's almost like they want DJT to win. Again, they're both too old and there's a good chance Trumps mind will go South in the next four years although he'll still be able to watch Fox for his briefings. Biden's mind will definitely be mush in the next 8. WTF are they thinking.

As far as Congress going blue, I'd have to look at all the races individually, but maybe.

They could have picked literally anyone BUT Biden and possibly win 2020. Just like 2016, anyone BUT Hillary would have probably beat Trump. It makes no sense. :confused:

Biden's mind is already mush. Take him off his meds for a day or 2, he will be in the woods out behind the nursing home in his underwear throwing feces at squirrels, screaming at nobody to get the operator on the phone.

A politician is necessarily focused on staying relevant or he/she will drop from public view and lose momentum. A president that has both house and senate will have a very hard time making headlines. What brings the headlines is strife and controversy. This is most easily obtained when opposing teams control different parts.

What you should gather from this is the politicians are not focused on what is best for us, but rather what is best for them to stay in office. This is why they cry so hard about needing control of the house, or the senate, or the presidential chair, but when they get it they do nothing.

Obama had both branches for 2 years and I believe they thought that they would have them forever so they were not much in a hurry to do everything at once. Trump had both for 2 years and they did nothing. With Trump having only one branch the Republicans are about useless and the Dems seem to do pretty much anything they want and control the narrative. Give Trump at least 2 years with both and at least have the opportunity to fight back against all this nonsense. I am not a blinders wearing Trump guy but he is the best chance right now to push back against all the false narratives and groups trying to destroy our country from within. I am not happy with all the government spending but if the Dems get in charge they will spend far more recklessly and dismantle the fabric of this nation.
If past history is any indication if Trump is reelected the next 8 will be a Democrat and it seems clear what they want do when they regain power. Maybe 4 more years of Trump will be able to head that off and sway the nation to a more prudent tack.

Trump had Paul Ryan as speaker, might as well of had the House under Dem control..

They could have picked literally anyone BUT Biden and possibly win 2020. Just like 2016, anyone BUT Hillary would have probably beat Trump. It makes no sense. :confused:

Biden's mind is already mush. Take him off his meds for a day or 2, he will be in the woods out behind the nursing home in his underwear throwing feces at squirrels, screaming at nobody to get the operator on the phone.

He has already ran and not won twice. Guess his plan is so cunning it can't fail three times!

Well I just found out my dad, a life long republican is voting democrat this year. I really pisses me off. All I can say is, it never would have happened if he was still alive.

I dont know how I didn't see that coming....:homer:

How about this.
Congress shall collect only 50% of their salary for the whole year if they fail to pass a budget before the first break in the current year. If they pass a budget that is unbalanced in that time frame they can collect 60% of their salary. If they pass a balanced budget they can collect their full salary. Once the first break has begun, regardless of what they do afterwards, there will be no additional salary percentage awarded for the rest of the year. The money not payed towards their salary will be directed towards paying off the national debt.

Watch how fast they suddenly know how to pass a budget.
Yea I know it’s a pipe dream:flipoff2:

How about this.
Congress shall collect only 50% of their salary for the whole year if they fail to pass a budget before the first break in the current year. If they pass a budget that is unbalanced in that time frame they can collect 60% of their salary. If they pass a balanced budget they can collect their full salary. Once the first break has begun, regardless of what they do afterwards, there will be no additional salary percentage awarded for the rest of the year. The money not payed towards their salary will be directed towards paying off the national debt.

I doubt any of them view their congress salary as anything worth worrying about. As they are legally allowed to participate in insider trading and other unfair/shady earning opportunities, add in all the perks they get and the official salary is a paltry amount. These guys don't become millionaires on the govt paycheck.

Imo nothing has really changed from 2016. People who voted for Trump are gonna vote for Trump, people who hated him then still hate him. Swing vote isn't going to change much and even if teh Dems manage to rig the popular vote, it doesn't really matter. Trump didn't win the popular vote in 2016 and as much as Dems want that to determine who wins, it isn't yet. Dems managed to pick an even worse candidate than they did 4 years ago, learned nothing, and 4 years of plotting and trying to get Trump on something has blown up in their face every time. Only like 30% of the country even votes. The extreme vocal minority left tends not to. They didn't show up for Hillary, I don't see them showing up Biden.

How about this.

Wouldn't work. The vast majority in Congress aren't depending on the salary to get along.

And unless we're surpassed militarily as a country, the national debt really doesn't mean shit. We've spent decades setting ourselves up to be irreplaceable on the world stage. Most countries that we "owe" money to owe us as much or more, it's a shell game. We're too big to fail. If we fail, the dollar fails and the world economy fails. There's nothing capable of replacing it. The Euro is a joke, Russia's economy is shit and can't support a global economy. China is a paper tiger and the world knows it. They're too dependent on us to replace us if we fall and the Communist party is only in power because of their reliance on the West for it's manufacturing base. They've spent the last 30 years over inflating their economy on paper to make themselves look like far more of a superpower than they are. It's a double edged sword that Jinping is stabbing the country with. They relied on embracing capitalism to remain relevant and let their populace grow into a consumer base to a degree, but that taste of freedom and capitalism came with a cost to the Communist party there and now they're going backwards to keep themselves in power. China can only grow but so much before it either has to revert back to full on authoritarian communism or reject the Communists and embrace capitalistic and democratic principles. We've seen what the former does to growing countries all over the globe. The latter comes with a cost and won't come peacefully. Just look at Hong Kong trying to retain it's autonomy that it was supposed to be guaranteed for 50 years.

There's a reason we give away billions in foreign aid, it comes with strings that maintain our influence, gets us property in other countries, and allow us to maintain a global military presence that realistically can't be fucked with. Are we dependent on other countries for material, manufacturing, ect? Sure, but it also keeps them dependent on us. Meanwhile we have massive reserves of untapped resources in this country while developing country's exhaust theirs to become relevant on the world stage.

https://www.theroot.com/the-complete-guide-to-defeating-voter-suppression-1844765790

interesting quote :rasta:

Every single one of them agrees that hand-marked, hand-counted paper ballots are the most reliably secure way to cast a ballot. In April, Sen. Harris even told The Root that “we need to move toward paper ballots everywhere” because, as she explained: “Russia cannot hack a piece of paper.”

In fact, because so many absentee and mail-in ballots—which are essentially hand-counted paper ballots—are expected to be cast in the 2020 election, many experts believed that the 2020 election may be the most secure election in recent history...

Unless, of course, someone found a way to hack the mail.

That’s how they’ll get us.

hacking a paper ballot means gathering ballots from historically republican voting areas and getting rid of those ballots.

Hell, how easy would it be for several foreign agents to dress like a mail man and walk through a neighborhood, opening up every mailbox 3-4 weeks before the election and just grab all ballots.

or even easier, quick pick a local collection box once a day, acting like a legit postal employee and grab all ballots in there. cross check senders addresses with registered dem or republican rolls, keep what you want to "destroy" and send the rest on.

Hell, paper ballot fraud they have had practice on for 60 years or more.

hacking a paper ballot means gathering ballots from historically republican voting areas and getting rid of those ballots.

Hell, how easy would it be for several foreign agents to dress like a mail man and walk through a neighborhood, opening up every mailbox 3-4 weeks before the election and just grab all ballots.

or even easier, quick pick a local collection box once a day, acting like a legit postal employee and grab all ballots in there. cross check senders addresses with registered dem or republican rolls, keep what you want to "destroy" and send the rest on.

Hell, paper ballot fraud they have had practice on for 60 years or more.

which is why the impetus is on "file your ballot in person, even if you get it in the mail" and that is what is fun to see the kamala harris quote from a year or so ago stating that

I love how they have the NPCs distracted and convinced that forgein actors are compromising democracy, meanwhile we have a corrupt dementia patient and a reality show host as our presidential options while the 2 parties (who are the same) rapes the corpse of this nation. The nation anally bled out and died at least 20 years ago, and they are just going to town on what's left. Fucking clown world.

But yes forgein agents from russia are what we should be scared of.

Does trump have a chance ? Anyone recall the Trump Primary victory thread ? He had no chance. None. A fucking joke. Ha Ha :flipoff2:

JoeW does. He took a wager and lost and honored it with a 1-month self ban. Any takers this time ?? :lmao:

Yeah, I don't get it. He's on FB for fucks sake, you'd think he'd be OK with this place.

I tried, and tried. He said something to the effect of, bunch of crying and whining? Naw, I've had 20 yrs of that, I'll pass.

Then he sent a long PM whining like a mofo because I said he's also changed. He was really really irritated about nothing. :laughing:

Yard signs in my hood are trump 25 to Biden 2

Top Back Refresh