What's new

Dethmachinefab go fast buggy build.

So I'm not sure where to go with this project now. When I called to check in bit over a month ago the guy said he didn't know I actually wanted it when I ordered it in Aug. I offered to give a deposit the first time which he declined. Should have been my first red flag. So then the box was going to only be couple weeks out. Another month past and nothing. So now I'm annoyed and don't even want this thing.

I see one on eBay so that's option 1.

Option 2 is I find some planetary guts from an auto trans and build one.

Option 3 is fuck it and run the sprocket spool.

So I'm not sure where to go with this project now. When I called to check in bit over a month ago the guy said he didn't know I actually wanted it when I ordered it in Aug. I offered to give a deposit the first time which he declined. Should have been my first red flag. So then the box was going to only be couple weeks out. Another month past and nothing. So now I'm annoyed and don't even want this thing.

I see one on eBay so that's option 1.

Option 2 is I find some planetary guts from an auto trans and build one.

Option 3 is fuck it and run the sprocket spool.

What kind of fuckwad is that guy? You called to order a product he makes and he couldn't be bothered to take you seriously?

What kind of fuckwad is that guy? You called to order a product he makes and he couldn't be bothered to take you seriously?
Yea, it's not how I deal with customers that's for sure. When I quote a job and delivery date it's solid. If something out of my control were to change you bet I'd be updating the customer.

He's an odd duck for sure, but in the past he has been pretty prompt with shit. Sucks cause he makes a nice box.

So I've been poking around the internets looking at some auto trans parts. I think I can build a planetary reverse out of a Ford C4 auto trans reverse gearset. What is the sun gear that engages it?

Not set on the Ford stuff if something better suited is out there. But it looks like I can fab something from those parts.

That is how the Jeffco diffs were made. I think they used a T400 planetary though. The weak part on those was the internal chain from the planetary to the diff.

Time to start a punchlist and get this moving. It's been abandoned in the shop because I'd been waiting for that gearbox and didn't way to proceed before mounting it.

Radiator and plumbing, need a few hose bits and some alu tube.

Exhaust and heat shield, have a mock up shield that needs reworked.

Seat belts and mounting tabs, tabs done and I don't have a mount for shoulder straps yet.

Roof tabs and middle tube.

Routing tabs throughout.

Battery mount.

Tear down and weld out.

Paint.

Throttle cable, pretty simple.

Brake lines, probably going to use 3/16 nylon tubing. Don't forget brake light switch.

Fuel line. Quick connect, hardline and convert to quick connect at rail.

Rear spool, shim and oversized key. Tensioner hardware.

Lights and wiring harness. Tip over sensor and misc still in bike.

Lots of proper hardware to get.

Im sure I'm forgetting a good bit. :laughing:

20211218_133655.jpg

20211218_133716.jpg

Radiator mounted. Now I need to sort out the plumbing.

20211219_140151.jpg
20211221_122225.jpg

Heat shield and belt tabs in.

Got a bunch of punchlist items coming in the next few days that should complete everything needed for tear down.

I have a hard time building model kits that clean. This place has always amazed me on how some of you can look at a pile of stuff and get something like this out of it.

Thanks for posting the steps
You just don't see the scrap pile of the stiff that doesnt work out in the pics. :laughing:

I've never understood how some of you guys get good penatration with dirty joints. What am I missing?

No "X" on the "B" pillar? Will it be lite enough to where you feel you don't need it?

Top Back Refresh