What's new

Dead Pool - 2021

It was always transport to rampart.

My pops worked on this series as a liaison for LACOFD and station 127 in Carson or Dominguez calif.

Were given a squad 51 door shield with signatures of the 2 primaries in the show, pretty cool when your 13 years old.

Commander Cody was my very first concert I went to, back in 1972....

Thanks for all the great tunes ....RIP.....:usa:

I was today years old when I learned Hot Rod Lincoln was released in '71. I thought age 77 was a typo until I searched.

Former NASCAR Truck Series driver John Wes Townley, 32, was shot to death in a domestic violence situation(?)-

MMA/Bare Knuckle Fighter Justin Thornton (6-18) got the tar beaten outta him too many times, recently was knocked out on August 20. Now down for the final count at 38-

Back in the 70s I found an old Lincoln that still had the flathead V12 in it. Was a junkyard in Billerica, Mass. Always wanted to score that motor for a hot rod, but never did.
those are cool engines, I saw one in a model a coupe a while ago and wanted one since.. weird memory.. how is your nail head rat rod?

A local chick, Missy Runyon, who was a wildlife rehabilitator (FFF Wildlife Center) for the Hudson Valley area passed away-

Hasbro Toys CEO Brian Goldner took a medical leave for prostate cancer & died 2 days later at 58-

"Shameless" actor & comedian Ricardo Flanagan died of covid complications(?) at 40-

Back in the 70s I found an old Lincoln that still had the flathead V12 in it. Was a junkyard in Billerica, Mass. Always wanted to score that motor for a hot rod, but never did.
When I was working at a hot rod shop in OK, guy brought us in a Lincoln in fantastic shape with that V-12 in it, had us pull it and put a big block in it's place. Made me sad.

Deon Estus who was a bassist for Wham! is dead at 65-
OMG Famliy and I were out eating after my great neice's jr high marching contest Nephew and law and i were sitting across from each other when "Wake Me Up" came on and looked he was wow it has been a long time since I heard that one!

OMG Famliy and I were out eating after my great neice's jr high marching contest Nephew and law and i were sitting across from each other when "Wake Me Up" came on and looked he was wow it has been a long time since I heard that one!
Are we going to have to add you to the list? That post reads like you are having a stroke. :laughing:

Thanks, Lee-

Beloved children's author and wilderness enthusiast Gary Paulsen has died at 82​

This one hurts. I like most public schoolers my age, was forced to read as part of the Accelerated Reader program. I hated it with every fiber of my being. Being forced to read did nothing to make me enjoy anything on the AR list, and reading out of spite does little to improve comprehension. In the 6th grade I read Hatchet, discovering Paulsen was the first time I ever experienced joy in reading, I didn't know that was a thing before. I devoured everything of his I could get my hands on.

About 2 weeks ago, I was having lunch with a group of men, mostly academics and applied researchers, really smart folks, all in late 30s to mid 60s age range, every one of them had at least read Hatchet, most had read many more. The discussion stemmed from one of their wife's being a middle school reading teacher, and the 57 year old man just now discovering Paulsen and loving his work. Pauslen had a huge impact on my formative years, and is still impacting middle aged men today.

:beer: Gary, RIP.

GetFile.jpeg

Betty Lynn who played Thelma Lou is dead at 95-

Top Back Refresh