What's new

Dark twisted movies, looking for them

Ex Machina
It’s been a while since I’ve seen this but I think I liked the underlying tension in this one throughout.

The safest of the Asian ones I could recommend is "Ichi the Killer."

Just watched this the other night and thought of this thread. Definitely weird though - probably better the less sober you are:homer: Not sure what I think of it - had kind of a Trainspotting vibe

What are you talking about? That was right up my alley. Dark, fucked up. Can’t believe I hadn’t seen it before, glad I got to see it now. DARK! What else you got that was too much?

You ever watch A Scanner Darkly? That was weird and dark. Phillip K Dick story, I believe.

seven pages and surely Kidz was mentioned.

and Se7en
I haven’t found kidz yet. You seen “Bully” before?

Definitely seen Se7en several times. That’s a good baseline for what I’m after. 8mm also

Last edited:
Happiness 1998 film.

dark and twisted as shit. has one of the funniest scenes of all time in it.

The Wailing, Martyrs, I Saw the Devil, Hagazusa, Southbound, The Signal, The Pact, Irreversible (the nine minute single take scene will make you want to shower afterwards), The VVitch, then also the two Korean movies The Witch: The Subversion and The Witch: The Other One.
And one of my all time favorites "The Kill List", it has one of the most fucked up endings ever.
Forgot about “Lake Mungo”. And one more, “These Final Hours” as its probably the most accurate depiction of how society would act if we knew the world was ending.

Last edited:
I'm watching The Shining and Dr Sleep tonight. I haven't seen The Shining in at least 20 years. Forgot or what a masterpiece it is.

Hi Lloyd....

I'm watching The Shining and Dr Sleep tonight. I haven't seen The Shining in at least 20 years. Forgot or what a masterpiece it is.

Hi Lloyd....
I worked on Dr sleep.

We had to duplicate the tricycle that was used in The Shining, the manufacturer went out of business in 1978. The art department found one dilapidated example that had a partial rear tire and the seat. The rear wheel was complete enough to scan and 3D print a copy for approval. From there the seat and wheel had moulds pulled to cast the parts.

They hadn't cast "young Danny" yet and had no idea how big he would be. Since you always need a backup, we made 2 of each in all 3 sizes. All said and done, they were only $5k each:laughing:

IMG_3887.JPG

Another one I liked that I just got reminded about. If you like a dystopian future depiction. “What happened to Monday”.

Top Back Refresh