What's new

Danger Runner

No real updates yet, but did use it to unload some spare parts, bud.

yo2IxX6l.jpg

In cab controls for the winch. Its a Warn In Cab kit. Also has a 2nd winch plug in that we just tied up under the dash. We did add the on/off switch so it doesn't get bumped on accident.

Z1rXndwl.jpg

2GQQyP3l.jpg

4xinnoviation motor mounts in.

aauCi82l.jpg

Dont mind the rest of the engine mess, well get there.

9dZnFS6l.jpg

EO1sVQ0l.jpg

Horse collar t-case mount up next.

Well what started as removing the rear bolts on the t case ended up breaking 4 bolts and pulling the rear case. we left 3 of the broken bolts in the rear cover and removed the whole thing, and swapped out with a good one. The last one (pictured here) we welded a nut on to and zipped right out.

hVTIKgAl.jpg

Back together and a test fit with the LROR collar

eEkiWNkl.jpg

t4PyjYZl.jpg

The frame ends are tube/bushing and link tabs from Low Range, and plated the frame where they weld on. Same hand rail tube that we used on the bumpers.

6oSvAs5l.jpg

Finished up with some gussets.

q8D9u8il.jpg

And in the truck. Will be making some sort of skid off the factory mounts.

M9spbeGl.jpg

Also got the TG tube doors on.

Notch the upper hinge for easy install.

agodKjml.jpg

XE7BWjzl.jpg

First real wheelin trip for this truck this weekend. Its not "ready", but its ready.

Made a quick skid plate. 1 hole will have to be drilled to get a bolt in and 2 holes for drain plugs. Still needs some bracing, but ran out of time. Ive been sitting on this piece of plate for about 4 years. I didnt even have to trim the shape just transfered to cardboard and went from there, it was just about a perfect fit. I would consider this version 1. Well see how it holds up and re make if needed..

The steel is from an old under ground oil tank dating back to the 1920s.

xQ8BF9El.jpg

Made some slices, bent it up in the press and welded it back together.

DvvKKX5l.jpg

4bLBNK9l.jpg

3bP8oqol.jpg

6oTyKLSl.jpg

Paints drying. On truck pics soon.

Been 3 trips out so far with the runner and the only trail fix we had to do was a loose battery terminal. Still needs other little things like pinion seals and an exhaust. Hopefully starting on a cage here soon.

Got some used unknown seats mounted. Some one had started fitting them a toyota, so we really only had to make 1 mount.

kTp1RUql.jpg

8BhSgUdl.jpg

New IFS calipers and FJ60 rotors to help with braking. I believe it has a 1"master and newer booster already on it. The truck stops much better now but still has a very "hard" pedal.

5X9huRIl.jpg

TzTTaRcl.jpg

The chair hes sitting in is the original drivers seat with some casters on it.

qr4gKWOl.jpg

UsYKoMal.jpg

rELW7cVl.jpg

Man I looked all over for a R10 a few years back when I built my buggy. Rig looks good and it pretty much what we see here for Toyotas anymore. I saw the NTC sticker, do you ever make it to PA with them?

Man I looked all over for a R10 a few years back when I built my buggy. Rig looks good and it pretty much what we see here for Toyotas anymore. I saw the NTC sticker, do you ever make it to PA with them?

I havent yet. Raush is about an 8 hour trip for me, and I usually try to stay closer to home. Maybe Ill make it for Takeover '22! I am in NTC though...

Little more progress on the window bars. Will do a crows foot on top.

w0Naz1Ol.jpg

I agree, its going to catch on a lot of stuff. We were debating on keeping it on the inside of the body, but the owner wanted it on the out side, and we are definitely not pros with the bender... Haha

Last edited:
i say run it, . it may help in some situations, who knows. and if your new to building you have to see first hand how it works and or how it could be changed.

but if i was going to change it i would i move the bend up and match the cab body lines and cut out a section there and sleeve it good, and add a bit to the bottom to make come inboard so like eveyone mentioned your not getting hung up on that bar. again just ideas
cah=ge chop.jpg

Whoops. accidently deleted my last post trying to edit it. :homer:

Thanks for the tips everyone! Its gonna stay for now. Well let the owner decide what he wants to do before we change anything. Goal is to have it ready for next Wed/thurs evening run.

"fastback"

KT0coJMl.jpg

This will get one more horizontal bar

VYU8u17l.jpg

We did this without the cap here, but is "should" be able to go back on still.

Last edited:
Well after a summer/fall of wheeling, the truck that was bought for a good motor...now needs a motor. Has very low compression in cylinders 3&4 and likes to knock a bit.

We found a good running 22r for wicked cheap, and have a buddy willing to sell off his spare propane setup.

A friend who runs a shop is turning this custom cab into a DD with a 3.4 so he wanted the engine gone. Friends with nice shops are a good thing!

1639399169634.png

Motor Gank:

1639399202791.png

And back to my little shop. It will get valve cover gasket replaced and pull all the emissions off of it. Nothing to fancy.

1639399279662.png

1639399325529.png

1639399303592.png

Last edited:
Hes hopefully going to daily it, hopefully he gets to it soon. There is another one on the lift in the photo. Has a 3.4/dually rear with a wildernest topper on it. They are such cool trucks.

Hes hopefully going to daily it, hopefully he gets to it soon. There is another one on the lift in the photo. Has a 3.4/dually rear with a wildernest topper on it. They are such cool trucks.
If he ever wants to sell either, please let me know. I'm always looking to expand my collection of them

I need those chrome and gold mod wheels!

My first gen that my mom gave me had those same wheels my whole childhood, but now a few are missing and they're in terrible shape, so I'd like to find another decent set.

Got the cage fully welded in and braced and front fenders back on, still needs a bit more in the back but ran out of time saturday. Doors and top on for winter. We had to get rid of the "fastback" bars to get the top on. Well re work it next the trucks over where the bender is.

1641821107635.png

1641821185603.png

1641821299366.png

1641821468685.png

The best way to get into the back seats now, it out the back.

Started stripping the "new" motor and found it needed a timing chain (broken guide, hope cover is ok) Well swap that out next and get the propane parts fitted then start swapping it over.

Top Back Refresh