What's new

Dana 110/130/135

I don't think that's an 80... it's that new dana M275/300 stuff.

I don't think that's an 80... it's that new dana M275/300 stuff.
Not sure yet, will run the BOM in a week or so. From a 2017 F550, supposedly. Thing is the front of the frame was funky. 4x4 Radius arms were inside the frame.

The ad he went to.

It looks to have an electric LSD/locker.

Apparently, you're right:

Last edited:
massive bonus right there
I don't see a lot of lockers in MDT sized axles, just heavier stuff and even then they're way rarer than everyone'd like
Pretty much everyone wants a locker in what they drive.

Pretty much nobody wants a locker in something that they have to pay someone else to drive and pay someone else to fix.

Well, thanks for pointing out the axle ... I was pretty sure I'd been had. I argued with the guy that he didn't have an F550, but some sort of bastard F450 pick up... until it came home with my son. This thing is a pig.

Still trying to figure out the frame differences. My son confirmed, the radiius arms are inside the frame but it did have the Super 60, with the extra width in the axle tubes. I may go back for that front, but it's toasty.

Carefull... I recovered a burnt super 60 and it was bent from the heat.

The 2017 Dana 60 should have the fat 28 spline pinion instead of the regular 29 spline. The 2017 and newer F450 and F550 use a M300 rear axle and I am pretty sure the electric locker isn’t offered in them. I think open differential and a trac-loc are the only thing available for them.

Attachments

• 5C5E700E-2C20-4625-AB99-64947F05CCE4.jpeg
    5C5E700E-2C20-4625-AB99-64947F05CCE4.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
Not that it matters now, but I'll have two 110's on Monday afternoon. One C&C (supposedly), one pickup (again, supposedly).

We need to talk ;).
I have to figure out what I’m going to do. This truck has stazworks 9.5x20 dually wheels, but they make the damned thing very wide. Would loved to use the narrow axle, but I don’t think there’s enough room between rubber and springs.

So then I start doing math on either ditching the 110 and going back to 10.25 or 10.5, or spending money on 10 lug single wheels.

But absolutely do NOT need both axles. I doubt I’ll get the loose axle unloaded on Monday, but definitely willing to talk.

Oh. I have receipts for the axle rebuilds from the PO. Each Probably has less than 2k miles. The loose axle was a 4.30 originally and the PO bought factory 4.88’s.

I have to figure out what I’m going to do. This truck has stazworks 9.5x20 dually wheels, but they make the damned thing very wide. Would loved to use the narrow axle, but I don’t think there’s enough room between rubber and springs.

So then I start doing math on either ditching the 110 and going back to 10.25 or 10.5, or spending money on 10 lug single wheels.

But absolutely do NOT need both axles. I doubt I’ll get the loose axle unloaded on Monday, but definitely willing to talk.

Oh. I have receipts for the axle rebuilds from the PO. Each Probably has less than 2k miles. The loose axle was a 4.30 originally and the PO bought factory 4.88’s.
Well, I may want those wheels, too :) for the rear of this.

Attachments

• 271957294_243688697915680_6377146811167343711_n.jpg
    271957294_243688697915680_6377146811167343711_n.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
Well, I may want those wheels, too :) for the rear of this.

We need to talk. 😀 I have 7 wheels with nearly brand new 295/65-20 AT’s. And 2” spacers.

We need to talk. 😀 I have 7 wheels with nearly brand new 295/65-20 AT’s. And 2” spacers.
Aye, we need to talk, but I plan to run 335 80 20 Conti's.

Last edited:
Not really, no. But if I do, I do. One set of tires is enough weight rating. This is more for looks.

Sad, but true
Sent you some pics. With 295’s, these rub unless at high PSI. I’m 95% sure the spacers would not be needed with 275/65-20’s, which are 1/2 taller than these… but Fawk the 275’s are expensive

Well, do we add the Dana M300 to this mix?

I have a 130, a 135 and a M300 here.

I'd really like to make this a tech bible, as it seems like there's some decent tech here.

I can compare and contrast them, pretty easily.

Ignore the "fatboy" SD60.
1648258705155.png

The 2017 Dana 60 should have the fat 28 spline pinion instead of the regular 29 spline. The 2017 and newer F450 and F550 use a M300 rear axle and I am pretty sure the electric locker isn’t offered in them. I think open differential and a trac-loc are the only thing available for them.
Dana Spicer (weird to type) LSD is available. Yes, it's a trash lock.

This has that.... and a bunch of wiring I don't need.

I have read on the Ford enthusiast site, that Eaton does make an LSD/locker for them, like the factory lighter trucks.

Last edited:
So, I asked Rockota about turning this thread into a Dana / Spicer MDT Axle Bible.

He's agreed.

What that entails, I will go through and delete all the fluff stuff, relabel this Dana / Spicer MDT Axle Bible and we can keep it to tech.

I also want more agreement from the posters here, so there's no bitching when it's done. If you agree, delete your own not-tech. If we get a majority, we'll just do it, since Rock already agreed.

I will take apart several axles, including Rooster's old 150 from his <T>. Yes, I confirmed we still have that housing.

I aim to have a stout 150 or 175 based housing, 4.88 gears with LSD, and disk brakes, with parking brake and take inexpensive rims and tires. That matches a common, front 4wd axle.

I do know that the axle shafts typically have to go with the center, do to spline counts. I also know there are different wheel bolt patterns for the different hubs, etc.

I have: A Spicer S130, a S135, a Dana M300, S150 and an S175 all here.

I do not have an S110.

I will take them apart, one at a time, document them with lug pattern, brake type and also BOM from the tag, and have my son measure bearings, spindles, shafts, count splines, etc.

I think that we can also collect all the normal gear ratios, locker types and axle spline counts/lengths.

I also found an interesting Ford doc that may answer some of the questions here.

Attachments

• Ford f350 450 500 cab chassis spec.pdf
    502 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I’d be interested in the S175 housing interchangeability. We know the 3rds swap. I assume they use air brakes at 17,500 lbs. I wonder if they just pull off and you can run s135 brakes on it

I’d be interested in the S175 housing interchangeability. We know the 3rds swap. I assume they use air brakes at 17,500 lbs. I wonder if they just pull off and you can run s135 brakes on it
That is my thought. Brakes and hubs.

I know the spider flange is the same.

What that entails, I will go through and delete all the fluff stuff, relabel this Dana / Spicer MDT Axle Bible and we can keep it to tech.

I also want more agreement from the posters here, so there's no bitching when it's done. If you agree, delete your own not-tech. If we get a majority, we'll just do it, since Rock already agreed.
go for it, this is a tech thread for information rather than a shit-talker for opinions
priorities are reversed from if it were something in GCC

Top Back Refresh