What's new

Dana 110/130/135

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
My Google FU is f'd...

trying to find the housing width specs for a 110/135 variants that were in F450/550's. Specifically, need cap to cap (with spindle/brakes) and bare housing total width. I know there are two options - pickup and cab and chassis... need both.

probably in the body builders info, I have too much shit to do today to dive into it for yah sorry :flipoff2:

I am picking up an S110 on Saturday and get you measurements. Not sure how soon you need it.

Are you sure there's a 110/135 in a pickup width?

The 450's most commonly used the 80.

I am picking up an S110 on Saturday and get you measurements. Not sure how soon you need it.

That should work. Trying to figure out if I can fit on in the bed of a 6.5' box w/ tailgate up. If I have to pull brakes/hubs, so be it.

Are you sure there's a 110/135 in a pickup width?

The 450's most commonly used the 80.

there's a pickup and C&C. Not 100% sure what year - read that 110's were in 450's and 550's for a bit, intermingled w/ Dana80's. This particular one has 4.88's, so I'm guessing F550 C&C.

The brakes are way in-board on a D135. You'd have to pull a lot more to get in narrower.

1645364037549.png

Last edited:
^ Those aren't adapters, they are the actual bearing hubs. The rotor just bolts to the backside with a smaller pattern. My E350 DRW Dana 70 diff is built similarly.

Sorry, wrong terminology.

I was trying to convey that the he can't just (easily) yank off the brakes and change the width.

I also swapped hubs around to get different WMS and different wheel patterns on various projects. RoosterBooster's <T>, My G506 project, etc.

rockota I can go pull a tape in a bit. It's just fucking cold out. I have a 2004 135 out back, sitting on top of the late model 2009 F550 chassis I am using for my G506.

I am swapping the front 10 lug hub adapters to 8 lug to match this D135.

Last edited:
What spring spacing is required? Pickup spacing may not fit between the brakes - this was a common problem trying to swap older C&C diffs.

Also, C&C is usually narrower wms than the DRW pickup. Adapters/spacers could be utilized to increase the overall width.

I guess that's the right question, eh?

What frame width do you have? Ford Super Duty F450/F550 Cab and Chassis is industry standard 34" and the brakes and mounts are much farther in.

Edit:

I first read your question one way, that you're trying to see if you can fit a D135 into the bed of your pick up, with the tail gate closed.

I have a C+C Dana 135 here I will measure in a bit, hub to hub if that is the case. Also, as stated, you can't take the brakes off and change the over all length.

If this is the question, none of the other information matters. :flipoff2:

If your question is can you bolt a specific Dana 135 in, the answer depends on your frame and spring spacing, and I only have C&C shit here to measure for you. That's frames and axles.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Basis for the question was two fold. One - to see if a 110 would fit in a 6.5’ bed. Know now that it does.

Second was mostly to see if I could gather enough information on the differences between the C&C and truck widths. I’ll have access to each in a week or so.

Will the rotor hat fit over the hub?

Flip the rotor so the hat offsets it toward the WMS instead of away. Throw a spacer and longer bolts in there if you need more clearance to the wheel. Move caliper bracket outboard to fit the new rotor location.

Will the rotor hat fit over the hub?

Flip the rotor so the hat offsets it toward the WMS instead of away. Throw a spacer and longer bolts in there if you need more clearance to the wheel. Move caliper bracket outboard to fit the new rotor location.
The rotor would interfere with the WMS, and even if it didn't the spacer needed to keep the wheels out of the brakes at that point would be stupid wide.

Now to start my highjack.

I want to use different hubs on my Cab and Chassis rear axle to go WIDER. The brakes should stay in place. I also plan to use factory Ford air ride.

I plan to run dual 335/80R20's in the rear.

Last edited:
I want to use different hubs on my Cab and Chassis rear axle to go WIDER. The brakes should stay in place. I also plan to use factory Ford air ride.
The width difference is normally the housing and shafts - not the hubs. Maybe check the Dana/Spicer literature to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
The width difference is normally the housing and shafts - not the hubs. Maybe check the Dana/Spicer literature to confirm.
That's the rub. I did.

I found conflicting information.

The F450 pickup is a bit of a mystery to me as to how its constructed. Is it a pickup frame and spring spacing? or a narrow C&C frame with a box adapted?

I do know the earlier 450/550 are a big 8-lug and the later (05+?) is 10-lug. I also have a suspicion there is more than one width of C&C diff for 99+, standard, and a wide-track package or something.

The F450 pickup is a bit of a mystery to me as to how its constructed. Is it a pickup frame and spring spacing? or a narrow C&C frame with a box adapted?

I do know the earlier 450/550 are a big 8-lug and the later (05+?) is 10-lug. I also have a suspicion there is more than one width of C&C diff for 99+, standard, and a wide-track package or something.

Yep, welcome to the holy fawk, what did I get into, show.

According to Staz (I don't have one), The F450 pick up is a pick up frame and axle pad spacing. There is also hubbub that some got a Dana 110 according to some and a Dana 80 accursing (intentional) to others.

I have a true F550 D135, it's 8 on 225mm. Round, not oval pumpkin. It's all 34" frame spacing, Cab and Chassis, Class 6 MDT shizznit. It shares a lot of stuff with very common Dana 150-190 series.

A little googling says the 450 pickup started in 2008, and some articles mention the S110 axle - like this one:

I have a 2004 135 out back, sitting on top of the late model 2009 F550 chassis I am using for my G506.

I am swapping the front 10 lug hub adapters to 8 lug to match this D135.

Your '09 unit bearings will prove to be 10x170mm after you remove the dually adapter. You'll need F250/350 unit bearings to fit the 8x225mm adapters.

A little googling says the 450 pickup started in 2008, and some articles mention the S110 axle - like this one:

Your '09 unit bearings will prove to be 10x170mm after you remove the dually adapter. You'll need F250/350 unit bearings to fit the 8x225mm adapters.
Thing is, I want the F550 big brakes, which are beautiful. Do you know of an F550 sized rotor in 8 on 170mm? I have yet to buy new wheel bearings and thought to mix and match what I wanted.

Fawk.

I guess I am swapping D110 hubs onto my D135 and going 10 lug, front and rear.
They're supposed to fit, but I don't really fucking know.

1645381310329.png

Last edited:
Is the diameter and depth of the 99-04 F450/550 rotor suitable?

Is the diameter and depth of the 99-04 F450/550 rotor suitable?
We're discussing that in another thread. The thread that told me I could use 8 lug adapters on 10 lug UB's, lol.

There's thought that they're the same, rotor dimension. Will know when I get my 2003 front F450 D60 back

I also know the S110 hubs/brakes fit the S135.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh