What's new

D50/60/70 Spindle Nuts

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
OK so I got a D50 TTB front end and a D70 rear axle and I need to get new spindle lock nuts. Where should i get these from that are good and fairly cheap. I see stage 8 but I've never had a problem with regular nuts with the pin and washer before so i'm gonna stick with that style. I've seen some for $25 or so but are out of stock and amazon sells yukon ones but they are like $55 each and I need all 4. Well 2 full kits and 2 nuts with the pin since my front pins are gone from my nuts.

Also could I drill 2 or more holes in my spindle nuts that I had to install roll pins or something and tig tack them in place and they would be plenty strong?

Thanks

14b nuts are the best factory style spindle nuts :flipoff2: i replaced all my crappy double nut shit on my d60s with them

they can be found cheaper other places by using the part numbers

gu6214.jpg

14b nuts are the best factory style spindle nuts :flipoff2: i replaced all my crappy double nut shit on my d60s with them

they can be found cheaper other places by using the part numbers

gu6214.jpg

Awesome. I have a list of items I need from rock auto and they have them for fairly cheap so I'll add to the order. Thank You.

Last edited:
I've paid less for complete 14 bolts.

My local junkyard sucks and has 1 14bolt in the whole yard and the next closes yard has 1 as well. I'd rather spend $100 and get new ones shipped to my house than spend a couple hours driving and tearing apart axles are a junkyard to save probably $60 since most yards would sell them for $10-20 a set

My local junkyard sucks and has 1 14bolt in the whole yard and the next closes yard has 1 as well. I'd rather spend $100 and get new ones shipped to my house than spend a couple hours driving and tearing apart axles are a junkyard to save probably $60 since most yards would sell them for $10-20 a set
i agree

and dont forget that all of these part numbers come in a package of two, so you only need to order two of each to have enough for all four tires
Dorman 615-132
Dorman 615-141
Dorman 615-140

Stage 8 nuts are $65-75 on Amazon. Are you even going to save money buying the dorman products?

Edit:
Stage 8

Last edited:
Any axle parts retailer has them. As well as most drive line shops.

West coast gear/diff
Parts mike
Ruffstuff
Napa
Orillies
Autozone.

I've never found those on srw 14bff but always on the d70hd drw. Maybe the 14bdrw wides.
Yeah my brothers early 80s 14 bolt had double nut with washer style. I've seen the 14 bolt style before but not on anything stock. My d70 has a weird spring style nut that you tighten and thats it. Gonna ditch that since I don't trust it with 40s. Lol

Hows that nut gonna lock on a 60? Will that woodruff key fit in the 60 slot?
yes it will fit, i have those spindle nuts on 4 different d60 spindles, i put them on a neighbors d60 as well. they work with factory locking hubs, warn hubs, and yukon hardcore locking hubs as well

Yeah my brothers early 80s 14 bolt had double nut with washer style. I've seen the 14 bolt style before but not on anything stock. My d70 has a weird spring style nut that you tighten and thats it. Gonna ditch that since I don't trust it with 40s. Lol
i guess ive just been lucky :grinpimp:

The old dodges were even simpler with a 8 sided NY-lock nut and a lil wedge you tap in. But you need the goofy socket to match.

:shaking:

Anyone who goes out and buys a 14b nut for an axle that doesn't have on is displaying the kind of intellect 20th century eugenics was attempting to avoid.

The single piece nut with captive washer and toothed lock washer that keys into the spindle (like you'd find on a 90s TTB or any Sterling rear) is equally good at saying where you put it and doesn't involve small parts to drop in the dirt. Spindle threads for the Sterling 10.25 match the overwhelming majority of D60/70/80/14B spindles.

DAN43075-2.jpg

Anyone who goes out and buys a 14b nut for an axle that doesn't have on is displaying the kind of intellect 20th century eugenics was attempting to avoid.

The single piece nut with captive washer and toothed lock washer that keys into the spindle (like you'd find on a 90s TTB or any Sterling rear) is equally good at saying where you put it and doesn't involve small parts to drop in the dirt. Spindle threads for the Sterling 10.25 match the overwhelming majority of D60/70/80/14B spindles.

DAN43075-2.jpg
Just make sure you buy 2 right hand threads. The fords that use these have a right and left. If you just say I need a set you're gona get half disappointed

DAN43075-2.jpg
These won't fit under a Yukon locking hub. I wasted month fucking around with them and Yukon hub:homer:

These won't fit under a Yukon locking hub. I wasted month fucking around with them and Yukon hub:homer:
he just likes to be different for the sake of being different :laughing:

the 14b nut i posted is 100% the best factory option and works with all the different locking hubs, its also stupid easy to install/remove

he just likes to be different for the sake of being different :laughing:

the 14b nut i posted is 100% the best factory option and works with all the different locking hubs, its also stupid easy to install/remove
And you know what I think for your fondness for spending money on what's trendy in the face of better value options. :flipoff2:

Best part is their cheap!

DAN43075-2.jpg
So these are what I have and came stock on my D70 rear axle. Should I get a pair of these for the front as well??? Thanks

So these are what I have and came stock on my D70 rear axle. Should I get a pair of these for the front as well??? Thanks
I wouldn't unless you need a spindle nut for some other reason. Don't fix what isn't broke.

Maybe if you were tearing down the axle for maintenance it'd be worth swapping them in at that time.

Let's be real here, jamb nuts worked fine for 100yr. Anything else is only a marginal improvement.

Top Back Refresh