What's new

CZ 75 TS CZECHMATE PARROT RACE GUN

On your grip, I don’t like to have my left finger on the front of the trigger guard. It’s probably just personal preference. My left wrist is bent down more. Push forward with your right hand and pull back at the same time with your left. This will help control recoil.

Also, if you aren’t already learn to hold the trigger back when it breaks so you are still holding it back when the recoil pulse is over. Then ride it forward and feel the reset.
I've heard it described as trying to twist the gun in half, it should be work to shoot a stage, its an athletic event after all. And if you're shooting groups in training don't get wound up about the occasional flyer, it happens, it could be you or it could be...a flyer.

And yeah, follow through is important even if speed is the thing.

I spent big money once to take a class with Max Michel and Blake Miguez. I could never get consistency and people I trust kept telling me it was my grip so no matter how much I practiced, my grip was wrong so it didn't matter. Best money I ever spent on gun stuff. Blake spent 2-3 hrs of one on one time with me at the beginning of the class until I got it.
I placed 3rd in my division at the Gator nationals 2 weeks later. Up to that point I'd only ever gotten to 8-9th

In USPSA, you're stance is fairly irrelevant as you're always moving except for the need to be solid and squared when you can.

This is picture is the way I was taught, your tigger hand is to do nothing but press the trigger while your off hand is what grips and drives the pistol, up/down- left/right

Not sure if it was mentioned or not. One thing I picked up from my uncle who did a lot of reloading and also competition shooting is to "plunk" test your ammo. Basically you pull the barrel and drop each round into the chamber. They should fall completely into the chamber and then fall back out easily. Any poorly sized or seated rounds will be noticeable and prevent you from a possible FTF in competition.

Well it was bound to happen and over the weekend it did. Saturday afternoon putting a few rounds through it, I dropped it. I was bent over picking up empties and it popped off of the holster. it is a CR Speed and I did not flip the locking lever over to prevent it from falling. Now the slide has a "catch" in it. I contacted cz this morning to see about sending it off and getting it looked at. :frown:

Well it was bound to happen and over the weekend it did. Saturday afternoon putting a few rounds through it, I dropped it. I was bent over picking up empties and it popped off of the holster. it is a CR Speed and I did not flip the locking lever over to prevent it from falling. Now the slide has a "catch" in it. I contacted cz this morning to see about sending it off and getting it looked at. :frown:
Bummer.

Was it loaded? What condition was it in? A dropped gun at the range could have resulted in a lot worse than gun damage.

At least you weren’t at a match. Instant disqualification.

Was it loaded? What condition was it in? A dropped gun at the range could have resulted in a lot worse than gun damage.

At least you weren’t at a match. Instant disqualification.
Unloaded, mag out. I know I have to do better with flipping the lock over on the holster now.

Unloaded, mag out. I know I have to do better with flipping the lock over on the holster now.
I had a sig x5 fall out of my holster at a 3 gun match while running. The tension screw on the holster had fallen out. I didn’t notice because usually I shoot uspsa and you don’t run holstered very often.

Instant DQ.

Shot my first uspsa match last sunday. I started down this rabbit hole for steel competition, but when I went for my safety brief was told that I missed the steel comp by a week. So we took the "big" safety class and then I shot uspsa. It was blast! I was not last place either, close but not last!

I learned a lot, there are quit a few things to sharpen up on. My shot placement was really good. Mostly A's and a few C's. Had one stage after a transition I couldn't pick up the dot and rushed the shots to keep the stage moving and had two misses.(on two targets, one A hit and one miss). On the qualifier stage I had a stove pipe jam and fumbled clearing it. It was the strong hand weak hand qualifier and I limp wristed the strong hand. :homer: I had just taken a defensive pistol class from a retired kbi guy and been over clearing that jam but didn't remember my training. On the rack I was looking at the port and the empty didn't fall out, while the bolt picked up the new round and jammed it all together. :laughing: Ultimately had to drop the mag, replace and rack a new round to continue. I shot all A's though. (even weak hand :eek:) Only other real issue was a warning on the 180 line. he told me I was close and that another step might have had me dq'd. Another issue was a 35 yard set of 6 steels, 2 8'' and 4 6'', that gave me problems. I hit the 2 8s right away and then 3 of the 4 little ones. Could not nail down that last one. The time factor really had me wound up.

So I need to work on getting the dot in front of my face. I need to work on moving to my left and keeping the 180 clear. I need to really get my dot sighted in. ( I just did it free hand on a 6'' steel at 15 yards ). I need to practice shot count in the stages for better mag changes, versus flat foot changes when it runs dry.

All in all I had a great day and look forward to shooting this month at home and trying to hone in the above areas for next months match!

add- no I did not send the gun off to cz. after a couple hundred rack slides it loosened back up and seems to be just like it was before. Had really no issue with it during the match.

Shot my first uspsa match last sunday. I started down this rabbit hole for steel competition, but when I went for my safety brief was told that I missed the steel comp by a week. So we took the "big" safety class and then I shot uspsa. It was blast! I was not last place either, close but not last!

I learned a lot, there are quit a few things to sharpen up on. My shot placement was really good. Mostly A's and a few C's. Had one stage after a transition I couldn't pick up the dot and rushed the shots to keep the stage moving and had two misses.(on two targets, one A hit and one miss). On the qualifier stage I had a stove pipe jam and fumbled clearing it. It was the strong hand weak hand qualifier and I limp wristed the strong hand. :homer: I had just taken a defensive pistol class from a retired kbi guy and been over clearing that jam but didn't remember my training. On the rack I was looking at the port and the empty didn't fall out, while the bolt picked up the new round and jammed it all together. :laughing: Ultimately had to drop the mag, replace and rack a new round to continue. I shot all A's though. (even weak hand :eek:) Only other real issue was a warning on the 180 line. he told me I was close and that another step might have had me dq'd. Another issue was a 35 yard set of 6 steels, 2 8'' and 4 6'', that gave me problems. I hit the 2 8s right away and then 3 of the 4 little ones. Could not nail down that last one. The time factor really had me wound up.

So I need to work on getting the dot in front of my face. I need to work on moving to my left and keeping the 180 clear. I need to really get my dot sighted in. ( I just did it free hand on a 6'' steel at 15 yards ). I need to practice shot count in the stages for better mag changes, versus flat foot changes when it runs dry.

All in all I had a great day and look forward to shooting this month at home and trying to hone in the above areas for next months match!

add- no I did not send the gun off to cz. after a couple hundred rack slides it loosened back up and seems to be just like it was before. Had really no issue with it during the match.
People that have never shot competition have no idea how much is going on when you're the shooter. Over time it gets to be second nature, but at first it can be intimidating.

People that have never shot competition have no idea how much is going on when you're the shooter. Over time it gets to be second nature, but at first it can be intimidating.
It is hard to describe in writing here but maybe you've done it, the walk through. I need to work on that, the order of the course of fire, how many rounds it will take and where I'll be when I need to change the mag, etc. Then hopefully during the run nothing happens like a few misses that put the shot count out of whack. Like you said above, there is a lot going on and is intimidating .

It is hard to describe in writing here but maybe you've done it, the walk through. I need to work on that, the order of the course of fire, how many rounds it will take and where I'll be when I need to change the mag, etc. Then hopefully during the run nothing happens like a few misses that put the shot count out of whack. Like you said above, there is a lot going on and is intimidating .
On the comment about extra shots throwing off the shot count. First, try to not run dry during a stage plan. USPSA you can drop a mag at any time. Second, if you have the mags for it, at least until you get better at stage planning, stick to your reload plan even if that mean you reload after a a few shots. But in reality, this shouldn't be an issue if you are running 21 to 32 rnd mags. One reload should get you through 99.999% of the stages you will encounter.

On the comment about extra shots throwing off the shot count. First, try to not run dry during a stage plan. USPSA you can drop a mag at any time. Second, if you have the mags for it, at least until you get better at stage planning, stick to your reload plan even if that mean you reload after a a few shots. But in reality, this shouldn't be an issue if you are running 21 to 32 rnd mags. One reload should get you through 99.999% of the stages you will encounter.
I have three 20's and a 26. 3 belt mounted pouches and a magnet. should be more than enough ammo, I just need to remember to change it out. I ran dry 3 or 4 times. :laughing:

I have three 20's and a 26. 3 belt mounted pouches and a magnet. should be more than enough ammo, I just need to remember to change it out. I ran dry 3 or 4 times. :laughing:
Ouch! That's a stage killer for sure. Non-OP is correct, plan out your tac reloads. If there is enough movement you should have enough time to free drop a mag, or even stow it in a pocket, grab a freshy and pop it in, no cycling necessary just keep shooting.

Ouch! That's a stage killer for sure. Non-OP is correct, plan out your tac reloads. If there is enough movement you should have enough time to free drop a mag, or even stow it in a pocket, grab a freshy and pop it in, no cycling necessary just keep shooting.
I was on average 20 seconds from the next shooter..............:lmao:

I'll get there, I just need practice practice practice

I was on average 20 seconds from the next shooter..............:lmao:

I'll get there, I just need practice practice practice
Single action pistols are tough to use in dry-practice, I usually get the P226 TacOps for that, or my SIRT pistol. Dry-practice is very important, as is using a .22lr trainer.

What to do with these screws? They keep coming loose. Blue loctite or maybe the purple version? The go into the frame.

20220816_193529.jpg

2nd USPSA match is in the books. I did MUCH better. My % jumped from 29.12 to 47.31! My hit accuracy improved as well, went from 107/27/2 to 90/17/1 (a,c,d scores). I had one stage that really screwed my overall. I ran my 26 round magazine (first time that day) and after two shots it failed to feed. Dropped it and put in a 20 and still couldnt feed a round. Dropped it and stuffed another 20 in and got back on course. I walked the rest of the stage and made sure my hits were accurate, and they were. That stage cost me 15 seconds. I had zero gun issues the rest of the day. It ran perfect. Maybe I limp wristed that first failure to feed and just got frustrated.

My oldest came and shot too.(the videos below are of him) that was a blast to have him involved as well. He did really good, even though the old man placed ahead of him.........:laughing:

Couple areas to improve: I'm going to change the safety lever out to a bigger one. I talked with a cz shooter who is running the same gun and he showed me his safety. I should be able to get it off a lot faster. I still struggle picking up the dot. It wasnt as bad this match, only had one or two instances, but it still slowed me down.

I built walls and target stands for home. I have steels to set up also. Last month we ran 4 or 5 different stages in the back yard and practiced a lot. That is helping for sure.

For your loctite, get the actual Loctite brand 243 compound. Much better product and doesn't need perfectly clean surfaces like 242 does. The Permatex stuff isn't nearly as good either, it's a cheap version of 242.

(Not a gunsmith but I'll give my uneducated input here....)

Is your recoil spring weight so high that it's on the ragged edge of operating with your ammo to fully run to the rear and pick up another round? I know some guys tune it pretty close to reduce recoil of the slide hitting the frame but there still needs to be a margin of safety for weak ammo or less-than-optimal grip.

Now that I typed that it could also have been some weak rounds.

For your loctite, get the actual Loctite brand 243 compound. Much better product and doesn't need perfectly clean surfaces like 242 does. The Permatex stuff isn't nearly as good either, it's a cheap version of 242.

(Not a gunsmith but I'll give my uneducated input here....)

Is your recoil spring weight so high that it's on the ragged edge of operating with your ammo to fully run to the rear and pick up another round? I know some guys tune it pretty close to reduce recoil of the slide hitting the frame but there still needs to be a margin of safety for weak ammo or less-than-optimal grip.

Now that I typed that it could also have been some weak rounds.
Thanks for the input on the loctite and the spring(possibly) issue.

I used the permatex pictured and none of the screws stayed tight. I have to re-torque those every time I clean it. I will grab some of the 243 and give it a try.

I am running federal and winchester ammo. I have not had any issues with those.(after the grind hard crap:homer:). It could have been a bad round. Who knows. I'll chalk it up to a limp wrist and keep practicing. The gun did come with another spring and I swapped it in when putting the compensator on it.

Outside of that one time sunday, the gun has been performing flawlessly. It had to be a limp wrist that caused the initial problem. I was shooting through a port and twisitng in the opening to get to the other target in the shot. Maybe I loosened my grip enough. Hell I dont know.

Did see a weird issue though. 1911 shooter, had one stove pipe. When he racked the slide it picked up two and crossed the top one up in the chamber. When he racked the slide the second time it pulled that one out and left the bullet in the barrel. He racked two more times and couldnt get it in full battery and the ro stopped him. Had to push the bullet out. They found the unfired case on the ground to backup the theory. (not a squib) :eek:

just keep dry fire practice to find your dot at speed. i used to run through the house drawing and reloading from room to room. at least it free.

Rocksett is even better, but you should be damn sure you don't want to remove those fasteners.

Flexbar Rocksett High Temperature Thread Locking Compound 2oz

Well yeah, that stuff is gnarly. It makes red loctite look like RTV.

Loctite 243 is blue and medium strength, but it can tolerate slight oil/dirt contamination. 242 and the other cheap brand blues are only rated based on perfectly clean and dry threads which is rarely possible.

On my RC stuff (tiny soft stainless fasteners) I use harbor freight red thread lock. It's asian style so it holds great but once you pop the fastener loose it comes out by hand. I use that shit on everything.

Update on the multi colored turd. Picked it up from stone bridge gun works this Thursday. He let it camp out in his shop for a couple weeks. :laughing: Came back with the barrel throated, a new lighter recoil spring and fine tuned the compensator. He ran it on the local open Champs reloads and it performed flawlessly. He ran some factory loads in it and reported the same.

I put 200 thru it this afternoon with only one stove pipe, on the second shot. I'm attributing that to a limp wrist after a long winter off. It ran perfectly for the rest. Even on the cheap grind hard ammo. :lmao:

20230304_125846.jpg

At 15 yards on a 12x20 steel I was getting two on the steel consistently under 2 seconds. Best times were 1.4 for 1 shot and 1.6 for 2 shots. Most times were between 1.8 and 2.0. I think I'm improving some. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh