What's new

CZ 75 TS CZECHMATE PARROT RACE GUN

xr-nut

GROUP W BENCH
Member Number
Loc
BFK. Bum Fuck Kansas
So I just bought a new Parrot. I'd like to get in to some uspsa and shoot steel competitions. Got it out tonight and put 100 rounds through it. About a dozen times the slide failed to close all the way and even felt like it was impossible to move. This thing has a hair trigger and will fire with a hot breath, so messing with the slide with one in the chamber feels sketchy. I'm using new ammo, "grind hard" brand. Pic below. This gun is new, right out of the box and doing this. Is it the ammo? Does it need broken in? Cleaned and oiled? What says the irate shooters?

20220520_210930.jpg
20220520_210936.jpg

As you probably know the 75 slide rides inside the rails vs. most pistols where it is outside the rails. I vote for brake-in, after a good cleaning and oiling. I always clean a new gun before firing.

Nice gat!
I learned inside rails list night after taking it apart. On a couple videos they talk about polishing the slide rails. Might look into that, make it silky smooth. Thnx for the input :beer: I'd hope you'd chime, you seem to shoot a lot.

You say the slide wouldn't close fully? Do you mean that it didn't go fully into battery? Last gun that exhibited that behavior for me was a budget PSA AR15 that the chamber was simply too tight. If it did go into battery I had to mortar the gun to eject the case. Try another brand of ammo for sure, though. I've never heard of Grind Hard brand (that doesn't mean a damn thing) but it may be of a quality equal to Herters. Grease may not help... or it may...

You say the slide wouldn't close fully? Do you mean that it didn't go fully into battery? Last gun that exhibited that behavior for me was a budget PSA AR15 that the chamber was simply too tight. If it did go into battery I had to mortar the gun to eject the case. Try another brand of ammo for sure, though. I've never heard of Grind Hard brand (that doesn't mean a damn thing) but it may be of a quality equal to Herters. Grease may not help... or it may...
Herters sucks, dirty shit. :laughing: yes you're correct, not full battery. The slide was about 1/8" to 1/4" from being fully shut. A few times I could push it with my thumb to close it, the rest of the time not. It felt like it was bound up.

The grind hard ammo came from tactical shit.com. it seems like it shoots OK from the wife's shield and my sons 365.

Looking at it now while apart, I can see on the side areas where the finish is starting to wear in. A lot more rounds thru it surely will help.

I really don't know shit about these guns but I want to learn and get better at shooting! :grinpimp:

20220521_093349.jpg

Cool cz, one of these has kinda been on my list for awile. Its kind of hard to tell from the last picture, but is there some rough machining or even damage at the front of the slide? Is the little bit of "binding" only present chambering a round? Try any different ammunition yet? Bummer to have problems with such a firearm but it does happen. Before you start polishing shit up (and voiding any potential factory fix) you could try marking contact points with grease (think of it like setting a r&p pattern) to see if theres any wierdness. Beyond that, maybe some flaw in the chamber, can you fingerbang rounds into it easily?

Im not super familiar with all the 75 models, I do recall hearing the barrel bushing can be a little tight initially, but this seems excessive. Take your time with it and dont be afraid to get a hold of cz.

As you probably know the 75 slide rides inside the rails vs. most pistols where it is outside the rails. I vote for brake-in, after a good cleaning and oiling. I always clean a new gun before firing.

Nice gat!
This. On a new gun I always work the action 100 times minimum to speed up the break in process.

Congratulations on the new pew-pew!

Brand new high quality guns like that have tight tolerances, but were test fired at the factory so they at least function.

Step one: get some real ammo from a real manufacturer.

Step two: clean the damn gun and cycle the slide by hand a few hundred times.

Step three: throw some snap caps in the mag, load one, dry fire on it 20-50 times, cycle the next one, dry fire again, repeat until the mag is empty or your finger stops working.

Step three: load a mag with one round of good ammo from a good manufacturer, cycle it in, fire it.

Step four: if step three worked, do it again with two rounds. Then three. Etc.

I bet it's a combination of new gun plus shitty ammo. You got a good one, break'er in and let'er eat.

Last edited:
Have lots of czs. The parrot is a beautiful pistol.
As roc doc said, clean and lube the pistol with oil, not grease.
Get some different ammo. Never heard of hard grind.
S&B is czech ammo and all my czs shoot it well.
A precision hand fit pistol like the parrot can be tighter than a mass production gun requiring some break in.
Keep us posted on how it does.

I learned inside rails list night after taking it apart. On a couple videos they talk about polishing the slide rails. Might look into that, make it silky smooth. Thnx for the input :beer: I'd hope you'd chime, you seem to shoot a lot.
Would have responded sooner, but was at the range. :laughing: I'm strictly an ameteur shooter, but get a pretty regular opportunity to shoot with pros, so I'm always learning.

I've had my eye on a TS 2 for a while now, I may have to pick one up.

CZ7591220_1_HR.jpg

BTW, I like the Lucas gun products. I use their grease on the locking lugs of my Badger action (60* throw, 6 locking lugs), and it works well. I use the oil on my reloading presses, and Spartan Accuracy oil for pistols and AR's and supressors. Modern Spartan Systems- Different Chemisty Different Results

The funny thing is that 99% of "gun lube" products are just generic lubricants that are repackaged into small bottles with a different label and marked up 1000%. Check the SDS for some gun specific products and you'll see what I mean.

One of the best gun oils is a quality 30ish weight synthetic engine oil. I use 5w30 Mobil1 in my trucks so that's what my guns get. Slide/bolt rails get automotive white lithium grease. If I need something thin I'll use plain silicone oil.

Cool cz, one of these has kinda been on my list for awile. Its kind of hard to tell from the last picture, but is there some rough machining or even damage at the front of the slide? Is the little bit of "binding" only present chambering a round? Try any different ammunition yet? Bummer to have problems with such a firearm but it does happen. Before you start polishing shit up (and voiding any potential factory fix) you could try marking contact points with grease (think of it like setting a r&p pattern) to see if theres any wierdness. Beyond that, maybe some flaw in the chamber, can you fingerbang rounds into it easily?

Im not super familiar with all the 75 models, I do recall hearing the barrel bushing can be a little tight initially, but this seems excessive. Take your time with it and dont be afraid to get a hold of cz.
From what I can see with my shitty up close vision and cheap readers, the contact areas of the slide and frame look good. The slide shows a small amount of wear that I imagine will completely wear to a shiny surface after more rounds? I cleaned it up and put a small amount of grease on the contract points then put it away. I'm shooting clays tomorrow with my sons and the oldest has a sight press that I need to get the rear off. Once it's off and I put the charge handle on it I'll cycle it 1000 times like mentioned above by @yota.

Brand new high quality guns like that have tight tolerances, but were test fired at the factory so they at least function.

Step one: get some real ammo from a real manufacturer.

Step two: clean the damn gun and cycle the slide by hand a few hundred times.

Step three: throw some snap caps in the mag, load one, dry fire on it 20-50 times, cycle the next one, dry fire again, repeat until the mag is empty or your finger stops working.

Step three: load a mag with one round of good ammo from a good manufacturer, cycle it in, fire it.

Step four: if step three worked, do it again with two rounds. Then three. Etc.

I bet it's a combination of new gun plus shitty ammo. You got a good one, break'er in and let'er eat.
Once I get the rear sight off and the charge handle on it, I'll sit and run it through that course. The slide is so short there's barely anything to grab to cycle it. :laughing: I have a couple other brands of ammo I'll try them.

The Lucas stuff is good and I also run it, But also agree with yotota, its mostly repackaged and overpriced versions of other common lubricants. The best gun oils are basically modern synthetic 5w30. Alot of the more expensive light grade stuff seems to pull in more dirt and carbon for those that dont clean as often.

Iv generally used whatever synthetic 5w30 I was running in my vehicle at the time for many years...But one thing I will say about the Lucas is this...It made the woman stop buying different oils and clps every time she went to the gun store ("not using fuckin engine oil, everything else sucks")..I dont know if its the blue coloring or the slight scent or what...but for that alone, Ill endorse the shit.

My Steyr was running similar, could chamber by bumping the slide with my palm. I used some engine assembly oil I had in the garage and it cycles fine now. I avoid grease anymore. My 229 ran grease when I first got it and it actually froze up one day due to low temps. Obviously isolated but just stick with oil now.

I also like the lucas gun oil, but as with others I have no delusions that it is anything super special or groundbreaking.
The applicator is nice enough to justify the price in my opinion.

I only run grease on my m14 and old American rifles.

I also like the lucas gun oil, but as with others I have no delusions that it is anything super special or groundbreaking.
The applicator is nice enough to justify the price in my opinion.

I only run grease on my m14 and old American rifles.
I still have well over half of a.bottle I got as a sample from SHOT 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe 1/2 oz size.

Before you do any fuckery to the gun, and add a bunch of useless garbage to it clean it, oil it with quality oil. Use lucas, Mob 1 or what ever your flavor is, just dont use something like CLP and think it actually cleans lubricates and protects. Then go buy some decent ammo. Why would you run crap ammo through a gun like that? Id run win white box before Id buy some garbage called grind hard. Then run several boxes through it and see how it works.

You mentioned the slide being so short its hard to cycle. Why? Drop the mag, clear the weapon. Grab the pistol in your dominant hand take your other hand and drape it over the top of the slide. Squeeze your fingers and your palm around the slide and work the bitch like they do in the shake weight episode of south park. This aint no two finger pinch party. You wanna run pistol comps you need to run the slide like you mean it and not a victorian lady pinching a tea cup.

Yay, more groundbreaking information!
Im sorry, where was I wrong?
OP buys a $3k race gun and runs shit ammo from a website that caters to wannabe rambos before cleaning and oiling it, and then doesnt understand why it doesnt cycle. Then mentions add-ons before he even knows the gun is running right.

His comment about the short slide could have been sarcasm but based on his above statements I just assumed instead that hes one of those guys who cycles the slide by pinching it at the back between his thumb and forefinger. I understand charging handles are all the rage these days because someone won open class nationals with one.

But I digress my point was why the hell would you start modifying a $3k race gun that out of the box SHOULD be smooth as silk UNTIL you know theres not something else going on? Thats just dumb.

Last edited:
Well here's the latest.

After the op I tore it apart and cleaned and lubed. I did use some grease on the slide, against the recommendations. Then put it away until today when I borrowed my sons sight press. I took the rear sight off and put in the charge handle. Yes Stuck the slide is short. That is one of the few complaints real shooters have about this gun and it is difficult to cycle. It was not a concern of mine since it comes with a charge handle. No, I did not want to sit and cycle the slide a thousand times with out the handle. Sure I can cycle it but why make it harder on myself. Call me what you want but I'm not a sadist and need my hands to work on Monday. :laughing: once I had the handle on it, I must've cycle it a couple hundred times. I'd like to say I could tell a difference but if I could it's only because I wanted to.

Took it out and ran 100 win white box thru, no problems. Not one. So I grabbed another box of the grind ammo and right back to the problems. So turns out it is the shit ammo.

I feel like it shoots better tonight, felt more free or loose if that translates to text. The c more was just a tick off and the large glass on it made sight acquisition quick. I like the gun and look forward to learning more and shooting better. I signed up with the local pistol club, they shoot uspsa once a month.

Went and shot a round of clays today and was down about 10, but still a good time with my son.

20220522_184105.jpg
20220522_184455.jpg

Attachments

• 20220522_184105.jpg
    20220522_184105.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Do you mean it has a short stroke? Because there is nothing short about that slide. What I meant was to grab the slide over the top and just work the shit out of it. Not gonna work like that now that youve mounted the optic rail.

Anyway I wasnt calling you anything, if thats how it came across it wasnt my intent. I do have tips, no tricks that will help but Im headed to bed I have to get up early for a training exercise. Yay early morning bullshit.

Top Back Refresh